Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

WaterD's Tier List in Ari Patch

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sacchin

12-15-2011

What is a good build for Kayle on dominion? All I know is that I feel like I do no damage, the gold for the items I'm buying, like Nashors, Gunblade, Trinity simply takes too long to get with her kind of weak early game.

Surelia Fangirl

12-15-2011

move yorick up 2 tiers, rammus, poppy, shaco and fizz up 1 tier

Temporality

Recruiter

12-15-2011

I'm not going to nitpick about your first 3 tiers since they're huge and I could probably write an essay about them so I'll just go over my problems with the bottom two.

I believe Kayle is unjustly placed because her ult is clutch as **** and she, along with all hybrids, scales beautifully into Dominion endgame.

Morgana is great top because of her powerful CC and shield and great bottom because of her passive and her anti-yorick shield.

Xin Zhao is one of the better scaling tanky dps due to having a knockup and a passive that scales with a popular attack stat.

AP Amumu & Galio, while having long CD on their ults, still provide great utility to their team with ranged CC and AoE AP damage at top.

Shyvana, while not Yorick-tier, is a great pusher bottom with her free, spammable W, an ult with a long blink, and AoEs out the butt with her ult on. She is also a great soak/off-tank top with her Singed-esque goading skills (almost constant AoE on W and flame trail while in dragon form) and free mitigation while in dragon form.

Orianna is really underrated from what I've seen of her on Dominion. She is great at poking and covering Windmill... although I honestly haven't seen her in a while. I think she is looked down upon because of the nerfs and the fact AP in general needs some love on Dominion.

I would love to stand up for Karma because I think she's a really unique support/AP caster hybrid but I've only played 2 games with her so I can't say much. I think she is one of the better support picks for Dominion just because her shield bombs (especially combined with her passive) are good at goading the enemy team and protecting your carry.

I don't like tier lists because ever since Elementz started this **** the community has fallen into this caustic FotM you-must-play-tier-1-champs-or-I'm-dodging attitude. It would be best if you provided some explanation to your thought process or perhaps a grading system so people could have some insight to your list because it's very arbitrary right now.

Stimuz

12-15-2011

Quote:
Temporality:

I believe Kayle is unjustly placed because her ult is clutch as **** and she, along with all hybrids, scales beautifully into Dominion endgame.

Kayle is also the WEAKEST ranged champ at low levels, so much so that having an assassin on the other team makes you an ult bot until higher levels. No escapes, no ASPD boosts and a magic damage based steriod that doesn't scale off her best build: crit AD. If the game lasts till you're 16 though, you'll have your ult up for almost every fight and your DPS is probably only second to kog/vayne/trist.

Quote:
I would love to stand up for Karma because I think she's a really unique support/AP caster hybrid but I've only played 2 games with her so I can't say much. I think she is one of the better support picks for Dominion just because her shield bombs (especially combined with her passive) are good at goading the enemy team and protecting your carry.

I'd agree, but Karma is inferior in all categories EXCEPT AoE damage to Janna. Soraka/Swain is better at that though.

Phourc

12-15-2011

Quote:
Viveza:
Build Kayle AD/Crit/lifesteal. On-Hit is a noob trap.

Eh... at that point, just play Ashe xP

Quote:
Sacchin:
What is a good build for Kayle on dominion? All I know is that I feel like I do no damage, the gold for the items I'm buying, like Nashors, Gunblade, Trinity simply takes too long to get with her kind of weak early game.

Trinity and Nashors are both wayy too expensive for the damage they give her, gunblade is good but only after some attackspeed.

When I was using her a lot, my build was Pickaxe + Boots (I run with Surge + AS Marks), Rageblade, Kitae's, Wit's End, Frozen heart for my CDR and Gunblade for some vamp/lifesteal.

I just don't play her as much because she requires a good team, or at least one that can last until dominion lategame.

Plus, any other ranged carry doesn't suddenly turn melee with an unlucky silence/cooldown. Not only that, but she desperately needs max CDR, which with her item priorities is hard to give to her.

The logical item is Nashor's tooth, but dropping 3k on 50% attackspeed (I can think of at least THREE good items that give that speed for 2/3 the price) and 55 AP (+11 damage per swing), just sets you back too far when it comes to actually dealing damage.