Banning Cheat Sheet

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Stimuz

12-19-2011

Yorick*
Urgot*
Shaco*
Kassadin*
Rammus*
Poppy

* = bad things happen if two *'s are not banned by picking time, but one can slip if you are first pick/own the champ/willing to pick the champ.

Here's why:
Kassadin mobility + burst makes any losing fight a lost fight. You cannot escape him. You cannot fight him 1v1. You cannot use the jungle. Bot cannot push. He can be soft countered, but not hard.

Rammus - OK

Urgot - Too powerful due to sight restrictions + range on bot. Very powerful top.

Yorick - Rolls face across bot, no counter only stalemates until lategame, where there's no stalemates either.

Shaco - If your team is ever at a disadvantage shaco will capitalize on it too hard. AD Shaco can gank anything 1v1 so you have to group around, making it easy to focus defend points. AP shaco can do similar things and defend points solo. Most successful backdoor champ due to being able to solo kill almost anything that comes to defend.

Poppy - Triforce extremely high damage early, ok later. AP ok damage early, hypercarry once lichbane + void staff. I feel poppy can be a wildcard ban simply because both her builds have a period which it is balanced. There are many games where AP poppy never becomes a hypercarry.

First pick third ban alternative choices:
LeBlanc - very strong 3 AD 1 AP pick(and ban)
Blitzcrank - good ban for melee heavy comps
Ryze - strong bot/top + lategame hyper carry
Warwick - good ban for premades
Fizz - very strong 3 AD 1 AP pick(and ban)
AD casters talon/wukong/pantheon - I don't really think they're good bans because they're all pretty much the same champion. Banning one only allows another to replace him. If that wasn't the case I would definitely permaban any of the 3.
Everything else is mostly targeted bans.

Only if no two *'s remain.

Stimuz

12-19-2011

Oh, bad bans =

Jax
Heimerdinger
Akali ------> NO!
Singed
Ahri.

Stop it.

RealWolf M

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-19-2011

Just a note, there is a huge difference between talon and wukong/pantheon.

Saying that they're pretty much hte same champion shows you don't have an understanding.

Talon puts out a ridiculous amount of burst, high mobility, and a slow + a silence. That and he crits super high with an IE. Pantheon and Wukong perform completely different roles, talon goes in and goes out, he doesn't stay in or even close enough to be in a fight for most of it

Forestgreen02

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-19-2011

You cannot 1v1 kass. After that you are no longer credible.

Mindllapse

12-19-2011

rofl @ shaco ban

Stimuz

12-19-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forestgreen02 View Post
You cannot 1v1 kass. After that you are no longer credible.
Sorry, but you can't. Best you can do is make him rift walk away after losing a third of your health.

Stimuz

12-19-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealWolf M View Post
Just a note, there is a huge difference between talon and wukong/pantheon.

Saying that they're pretty much hte same champion shows you don't have an understanding.

Talon puts out a ridiculous amount of burst, high mobility, and a slow + a silence. That and he crits super high with an IE. Pantheon and Wukong perform completely different roles, talon goes in and goes out, he doesn't stay in or even close enough to be in a fight for most of it
All 3 explode squishies and have an early game that can give them an enormous lead due to armor pen runes/masteries + bruta first. Same diff.

Stimuz

12-19-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindllapse View Post
rofl @ shaco ban
I'll admit shaco COULD be a wildcard ban due to the variance between good and bad shacos, just like urgot and sometimes kass, even rammus, but guess what? It's not worth the risk of any of those getting picked by a competent player. They're just too strong.

dredzach

12-19-2011

Yorick -- one of the best bots, but still counterable by some champs. Banned because his spirits speed him up & slow you down, heal him up & damage you, kill his creeps while putting more in your way, and the spam never stops.
Urgot -- never see him banned nor picked, but i'm only up 30-something wins so maybe i'm diff elo. Banned (I would imagine) because of his high range poke.
Shaco -- always banned due to his ability to entrench, disrupt and defend. Banned because of his boxes.
Kassadin -- Tankiness, Burst, Kiting, Silence, Mobility -- He has it all. Banned because his ult lets him leap everywhere.
Rammus -- Tanky vs AD, Taunt vs AP, Powerball vs kiters. Good champ. Banned because of powerball speed.
Poppy -- great burst, mobility, tankiness -- Banned because his speed plus his ult makes him immune to disables.

Other bans:
Any good free week champ (like wukong right now, talon/singe last week, etc)
Anyone who just got a good buff (sivir was banned for awhile)
Ahri/Fiz/Talon (mage killers)
Kog/Vayne (tanky derp killers)
Heimer (a strong pusher on bottom)
Ryze (tanky mage)
Alistar (best tank)

The thing is, lots of champs are good, but you don't ban them because they won't be picked very often. You ban the POPULAR good champs, or champs that are good and not similar to anything else. As another poster said, why ban Talon if some other AD burst will be available to replace him. My answer is if I was fiddle I would ban Talon cause he silences me.

Mindllapse

12-19-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stimuz View Post
I'll admit shaco COULD be a wildcard ban due to the variance between good and bad shacos, just like urgot and sometimes kass, even rammus, but guess what? It's not worth the risk of any of those getting picked by a competent player. They're just too strong.
it's more the fact that any competent player/team will see enemy shaco as a non-factor