Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Winter Map is way too bright. Cannot play on it.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Suups

12-15-2011

Something that is a serious issue - this map is literally unplayable for people with colourblindness like me. Or at least, the sort of colour blindness I have, which is red-green colour deficiency. Can't even make out most skillshots over the blindingly bright snow. And thus, I guess I will not be playing League of Legends until this is durastically changed/removed : /

ALSO nobody's mentioned that you can't read the chat box well. White on white? Derp?

Arc of Triage

12-15-2011

Quote:
VitiateDiabolus:
Something that is a serious issue - this map is literally unplayable for people with colourblindness like me. Or at least, the sort of colour blindness I have, which is red-green colour deficiency. Can't even make out most skillshots over the blindingly bright snow. And thus, I guess I will not be playing League of Legends until this is durastically changed/removed : /

ALSO nobody's mentioned that you can't read the chat box well. White on white? Derp?

I doubt riot plans for "colorblind" people, seeing as how they arent a super large portion of the player base.

And the chat box has an opaque filter via a small slider to make it white/black DERP.

Suups

12-15-2011

Quote:
Arc of Triage:
I doubt riot plans for "colorblind" people, seeing as how they arent a super large portion of the player base.

And the chat box has an opaque filter via a small slider to make it white/black DERP.

You know that eight percent of men have colour-blindness, right? That's a pretty ****ing huge minority. As seen by the fact that there are several colour-blind mods for this game for the ****ty team colour choices, and other online games have a colour-blind mode. And I don't NEED any of these, because my colour-blindness is incredibly mild. Which is why it's shockingly disorienting to play this map, it's just WAY too bright, and all one colour.

That said, black is... not optimal, imo. I don't feel I should have to compensate for this dumb seasonal map. Make it optional if it has to stay unchanged.

EDIT: Oh wait, you meant the backdrop? Jesus that's useless. Pass.

Arc of Triage

12-15-2011

Quote:
VitiateDiabolus:
You know that eight percent of men have colour-blindness, right? That's a pretty ****ing huge minority. As seen by the fact that there are several colour-blind mods for this game for the ****ty team colour choices, and other online games have a colour-blind mode. And I don't NEED any of these, because my colour-blindness is incredibly mild. Which is why it's shockingly disorienting to play this map, it's just WAY too bright, and all one colour.

That said, black is... not optimal, imo. I don't feel I should have to compensate for this dumb seasonal map. Make it optional if it has to stay unchanged.

EDIT: Oh wait, you meant the backdrop? Jesus that's useless. Pass.

Backdrop helps me see the white text on the white snow. And I dont mean to offend but I doubt they were thinking "The 8% of colorblind people might have a problem with this temporary map"

If you want to play but cant on the winter you can play custom games, dominion, twisted treeline. At least until they fix the map for the 8%.

Suups

12-15-2011

Actually just looking at the forums I'm 100% confident Riot will deal with this by the next patch, so yeah, not too worried. I'll just wait it out.

Arc of Triage

12-15-2011

Quote:
VitiateDiabolus:
Actually just looking at the forums I'm 100% confident Riot will deal with this by the next patch, so yeah, not too worried. I'll just wait it out.

Judging based on recent events that could take until after january. Just saying.

Suups

12-15-2011

I have a sneaking suspicion you are correct. You, sir, have assassinated my optimism.

Juyen

12-15-2011

the brightness of the map is often
it makes so many champ skins pop
its not like the map comes up so often as to actually be an issue

alek555

12-15-2011

yeah i have hard time reading the white text....the map is already white! it camouflages!

BDYourGirlsNexus

12-15-2011

This is a problem that quite a few people are having and it depends greatly on the sensitivity of your eyes, not adjust any in game or computer screen setting, I HAVE TRIED THEM ALL.

Here are links to similar threads about the same issue, we all need to support each other in order to have some type of resolution.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1598104&page=2

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1604682

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=18413995#post18413995