Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Who should go BOT against Yorick

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Phourc

12-14-2011

3 of you, then Voli and GP (or Ez) hold your mid, and take Windmill if too many leave top.

Not sure it'd work, but it's better than surrendering both points to Yorick, and I like switching things up a bit.

Hugs From Momma

12-14-2011

Put 2 permanently at bot and change up the game. If the enemy team makes bad choices, you could win it.

mufins

12-14-2011

Quote:
Hugs From Momma:
Put 2 permanently at bot and change up the game. If the enemy team makes bad choices, you could win it.

then the yorick freezes the lane 1v2 or even outpushes them if their weak bot laners while his team wins the 4v3 top. honestly the best way to deal with yorick is to play draft where he's first banned EVERY GAME.

Hugs From Momma

12-14-2011

Quote:
mufins:
then the yorick freezes the lane 1v2 or even outpushes them if their weak bot laners while his team wins the 4v3 top. honestly the best way to deal with yorick is to play draft where he's first banned EVERY GAME.

Send bear + kat. He can't stop her ult, he dies, you cap point.

Isn't too hard.

Stimuz

12-15-2011

AP kog has an advantage on yorick all game imo. He also doesn't miss ANY last hits so if you do wanna swap him out of lane do destroy top that's always an option. Wipes entire creep waves with Q on the large minion E on everything else, or 3 level 1 R's for casters if you wanna play it safe.

AP kog is underplayed despite his Q and E having 0.7 ratios and 280 base(if i recall) at rank 5 while doing 10-15% max HP damage per auto attack with W and doing 500+ with R. Underplayed and underbanned and I could never figure out why.

Edit: of the champs you had, none of them could have taken yorick 1v1, ez maybe with tiamats for sustain/creep killing but he'd be horrible at literally everything else. best option is double bot or try for their mid and see how yorick reacts to having bot. Most of the time they don't know what to do and are afraid to push your mid so they lose out on farm and just sit there. Honestly, thinking about it 3-4x tiamat ez would have so much hp5 and mp5 he probably wouldnt ever need to leave lane or grab +s and would probably one shot anything caught in the splash of his Q. That might work but I'd have to test it.

FDru

12-15-2011

Quote:
Hugs From Momma:
Send bear + kat. He can't stop her ult, he dies, you cap point.

Isn't too hard.

He can just walk away?

Sorry, but mufins was dead on. Yorick is a must ban every game, because even his counters can't win the lane. Unless he's hardcore denied any kind of farm due to constant ganks, he auto-wins (and usually trying to do this results in his team auto-winning anyway).

Mayor of Earth

12-15-2011

GP can 1v1 Yorick if he's got an Executioner's Calling and Yorick's ult is down. If he has his ult you just have to juke until it runs out then go back at him, it's pretty dumb. It also takes being a decent distance into your build, and luck with crits. moral of the story ban yorick

edit: I'm not sure if Executioner's Calling actually affects lifesteal, or Yorick's graveling-healing-thing. Can anyone clear this up?

Stimuz

12-15-2011

Quote:
FDru:
Yorick is a must ban every game, because even his counters can't win the lane. Unless he's hardcore denied any kind of farm due to constant ganks, he auto-wins (and usually trying to do this results in his team auto-winning anyway).

That's so true. I remember getting into an argument with someone that skarner doesn't counter yorick. He's saying that yorick couldn't kill him and that means its a counter. Except, that's not a counter it's a stalemate which is the best you can hope to do vs yorick. The only "counters" are champs that can get almost every last hit while stalemating him then swapping with someone late game and dominating top.

Oh, forgot to mention, Swain RoA -> Ninja Tabi -> FH -> Spirit Visage -> Voidstaff can do extremely well vs him. Swap staff and visage if he gets 120 MR before you start on visage.

Señor Pancho

12-15-2011

Quote:
Oh, forgot to mention, Swain RoA -> Ninja Tabi -> FH -> Spirit Visage -> Voidstaff can do extremely well vs him. Swap staff and visage if he gets 120 MR before you start on visage.

basically an end-game swain VS an end-game yorick? the game will be over before that.

Stimuz

12-15-2011

Quote:
Señor Pancho:
basically an end-game swain VS an end-game yorick? the game will be over before that.

Yorick already begins struggling with him before your RoA is finished and you're level 6. I'm just giving the build order I find best to keep it that way. If he ever pumps 120+ MR and you don't have VS ready you're in for some pain though.