Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Riven and Bear are disgustingly overpowered in Dominion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Magiceffect

12-14-2011

It really depends on the champion your fighting them with and where are you fighting them.

Ive play a heap of dominion, and I mostly play, LeBlanc, Pantheon, Udyr and Trolobear.

LeBlanc - I will almost always die to Riven and Bear on her even at a turret, they are tanky and deal decent damage with CC. I understand this because on the flip side someone like Ezreal running into me when I'm LeBlanc dies in 1 second.

Counter picking is really important, if the team is going Tanky DPS either pick Tanky DPS or your team needs CC.

Pantheon - Pantheon has more trouble with Bear than Riven, although I'd say it mostly matters about who jumps who, If I have a turret, they'll die. If its 1v1 in the jungle as a pantheon you have to land every E if you don't you'll lose. Pantheon is a great Offensive Champ but you need to get the jump on them or they'll outlast you.

Again counter picking is important, as Pantheon I'll destroy most people 1v1 or even 1v2. Hes a really great Champion for Dom but you have to know his limits.

Udyr - Udyr is my staple Tanky DPS, but you'll have to play him a little different, because he has mobility you need to use it, dart in E, then Q then E and run away do it again and again and you'll win against most other Tanky DPS. He'll also shred most other champions who don't have CC.

Trolobear - I bought him on a Wim, hes pretty 1 dementional at least on Dom, the most effective build I've had on him involves HP items, Atmas, then 1 Armor Item 1 MR item. You W a lot and are generally annoying, hes amazing at killing Squishie for the sole reason of his W.

I'd like to say though, I ban Wukong and Riven almost exclusively and I've never banned Trolobear.

RealWolf M

12-14-2011

bear is so bad.

Basically he is good early game, very good.
Then midagme rolls around and i laugh at how pointless and useless he becomes

Hugs From Momma

12-14-2011

Riven, yes.

Bear, no.

Hikaru Genji

12-15-2011

Armored bear = **** in a can.

Twilight Monkey

12-15-2011

Bear in dominion? Nah

ActionButlerGO

12-15-2011

Is Riven really that strong on Dominion? I rarely see her, but if she can bring enough power to the table, I might get her while she is still on sale.

EMeta

12-15-2011

Riven is a strong second-tier champ, generally my go-to if we need an ad champ who can also take over for bot if our bot fails. Her dashes make her quick and her stuns let her defend well. With a bit of tankiness you can outlast & then kill most assassins & mages. I wouldn't start with her bot, since all her aoe makes her a boss at the lvl 3-4 windmill fight, and she needs a couple items before she can push bottom (prospector's, brutalizer, hexdrinker & merc's lets her cut through most AP bots pretty easily).

Mostly though, I just find her fun. As a poster said above, she's a button-masher, the most street-fighter type champion Riot's made.

Suien Reizo

12-15-2011

Quote:
EMeta:
Mostly though, I just find her fun. As a poster said above, she's a button-masher, the most street-fighter type champion Riot's made.

I still think Sona gives her a bit of competition for button mashing champ.

FDru

12-15-2011

Ryze is undisputed king of button mashing.

Kavlax

12-15-2011

Riven isn't bad on Dom, Bear kind of is. Either way I've never had much problem destroying them on Dom, even with "non-Dom OP" picks. Try different champs.