Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Anivia/Annie/Xerath type AP > Fidd type AP

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Keiji Cupcakes

12-14-2011

Characters with lower survival, but higher spammability with their abilities will always trump the mega bursty, survival based, long CD harass champions for bot. As a fiddlesticks, you'll mainly be waiting for your e, since it bounces and is a high damage, silence-y harass. The w is too short range to use against AD characters or other casters, and the low level fear isn't good enough to keep them away long enough for early game.

Annie, anivia, and Xerath, on the other hand, with the spammability, will be able to constantly barrage opponents, high CC, quick bursts with short wait time, and a bit of defense stats are all an AP caster needs to bot well.

What are your thoughts?

ManaPowered

12-14-2011

Personally I'd rather have a ranged AD champ go bot. After that I don't think it matters too much about what AP caster you pick. All have their strengths and weaknesses that need to be weighed at the champ select screen.

warmblodded20

12-14-2011

lower survival, higher spammability

anivia

anivia

anivia

????????????

anivia has fairly long cooldowns, no longer than say brand. a "low cooldown, low survivability" champion is like cass, not any of what you listed

Scrubsicle

12-14-2011

Why would you ever send Fiddle bot?

Necks

12-14-2011

I don't harass with Fiddlesticks, really. It's more about committing, and forcing your opponent to run or they'll die.

Example, I never immediately fear someone before drain. That's a waste, imo. I open with a drain, and with the proper items, this will force the enemy to run. If they choose to stay and fight, then I fear and do a 2nd drain, which kills them.

It's just a very different playstyle. The control that Fiddlesticks offers to the team is very similar in feel to Kassadin, and I personally rate Kassadin as a much higher priority pick over Anivia, Xerath, Annie.

You're supposed to have maximum CDR if you're building Fiddle correctly on Dominion, so the "long CDs" aren't really a problem. He becomes more spammy than some of the champions you listed.

Keiji Cupcakes

12-14-2011

Quote:
warmblodded20:

anivia

anivia

anivia

????????????

anivia has fairly long cooldowns, no longer than say brand. a "low cooldown, low survivability" champion is like cass, not any of what you listed

Annie can use her q every 8 ish seconds, (and CDR is a good thing) her E is only a few seconds longer
anivia can send out her stun, and throw an ice spike, and her stun CD is almost done(least when I play her) and her ult's CD is extremely low for what it is.

Xerath has that three spell thing for that one ability, I forget which it is, the static lookin' ball. He also has the beam which stuns.

Spammability and CC is what I said, not just spammability.
Cass is amazing on bot, that's a given, but I'm just saying that if you see a fidd, he should be top, not bot.

Keiji Cupcakes

12-14-2011

Quote:
Necks:
I don't harass with Fiddlesticks, really. It's more about committing, and forcing your opponent to run or they'll die.

Example, I never immediately fear someone before drain. That's a waste, imo. I open with a drain, and with the proper items, this will force the enemy to run. If they choose to stay and fight, then I fear and do a 2nd drain, which kills them.

It's just a very different playstyle. The control that Fiddlesticks offers to the team is very similar in feel to Kassadin, and I personally rate Kassadin as a much higher priority pick over Anivia, Xerath, Annie.

You're supposed to have maximum CDR if you're building Fiddle correctly on Dominion, so the "long CDs" aren't really a problem. He becomes more spammy than some of the champions you listed.

I'm talking mainly early game as well. You cant have "maximum CDR" when the game is 1-3 minutes in

Necks

12-14-2011

Quote:
Krallna:
I'm talking mainly early game as well. You cant have "maximum CDR" when the game is 1-3 minutes in

If you mean levels 3 - 10, then Fiddlesticks is actually even more spammy than all of the AP casters you listed. This is because Fiddlesticks does not suffer any consequences from building max CDR early, unlike many AP casters who absolutely need that early AP to accomplish anything at all.

It all depends on whether you're building Fiddle correctly or not. Most people honestly don't know how to play or build Fiddle for Dominion.

Hugs From Momma

12-14-2011

Fiddle just plays as a CC bot on dominion - crank out fears and silences as much as possible. His damage-dealing potential is really low, outside of his ult.

FDru

12-14-2011

Quote:
Necks:
If you mean levels 3 - 10, then Fiddlesticks is actually even more spammy than all of the AP casters you listed. This is because Fiddlesticks does not suffer any consequences from building max CDR early, unlike many AP casters who absolutely need that early AP to accomplish anything at all.

It all depends on whether you're building Fiddle correctly or not. Most people honestly don't know how to play or build Fiddle for Dominion.

Teach us the ways! I've tried several builds and had only moderate success with tanky CDR/AP and very little success with straight AP. Basically, anything that can interrupt drain (almost every popular Dominion champ) will kill him in seconds. With a tanky build he does no damage, and will die to focus from multiple champs anyway.

He seems to lose no matter what you focus on. Armor (hourglass)? Wrecked by anything that does magic damage. MR (Visage/abyssal)? Destroyed by any bruiser with an interrupt. CDR? No damage, and there are just plain better CC bots (blitz anyone?) The typical "tanky mage" build (RoA, deathcap, WotA, hourglass, abyssal) seems to be promising but is so expensive that good luck putting it together in a timely manner, not to mention it totally lacks CDR.

I'm still willing to accept that I might just be doing it wrong, but I have never seen a Fiddlesticks in Dominion that wasn't a complete disappointment so I'm leaning more towards he's just a bad champ to play on this map (outside of the few champs he counters in a 1v1 situation, of which there aren't many, and even then how often are you going to get that uninterrupted 1v1?)

The fact that he's one of the worst bot laners in existence doesn't help things.