[Suggestion] New Map Idea! :)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BerretSO4

12-14-2011

Potential Names:
*Summerstorm
*Midsummoner Night's Rift
*Thunderstorm

Basic Concept:
First off... I LOVE the snow map and the other two SR maps. They inspired me to think of this idea, because I love having fun with different environments (and I don't care too much about poor visibility of certain effects on the snow map, as long as it doesn't mess with ranked play).

Skinning:
What do you guys think of a Thunderstorm map? I wish I had some concept art for this, but I'll try to describe the basic idea:
*Heavy rain - maybe even just periodically,
*Lower lighting,
*Lightning flashes with full visibility at every lightning flash, to go with the rain.
*Maybe even make use of the champions' abilities and auras that should have light radiance.

Possible Hazards:
The map would not have to have additional hazards to be fun, but if it did,
*Emulate the night/day scenario that is featured in HoN. I personally prefer LoL, but HoN's decrease in visibility at night is very suspenseful.

But what about ranked?!
This obviously would be very difficult to balance for ranked play, but I think this idea would make some parts of the game even more of a thrill ride than they already are...

Why this would be fun....
Think of it - crazy ganks, jungling is a thrill ride, Nocturne's ult is that much more creepy, lightning strikes during a team fight, or even lightning striking to reveal that warwick... he's... HE'S RIGHT BEHIND YOU!!

What do you think? I know Riot's not exactly sitting around just looking for things to do, but... I just like this idea and thought I'd share it.

BerretSO4

Special thanks for ideas/concepts:
TheHobbits
Abe Jantz

MirrororriM

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-14-2011

Beautiful idea.
BUMP

TheHobbits

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-14-2011

If you want to see a full map concept check out this. *note - there is a lot of info*

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1396158

I like the idea of the lightning on yours. Could be interesting. (+1 and bump)

Abe Jantz

Recruiter

12-14-2011

I would love an option for full time fog of war with the lightning. And when Noturne ults It's pitch black.
hahaha.

Skjuludde

12-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by BerretSO4 View Post
This obviously would be very difficult to balance for ranked play
Then they shouldn't
Send some love to the casuals and make perhaps less balanced maps but with more variety and add them to the normal queue.

Also I'd love if they on the current winter map add in the feature of the ice on the river being slippery and that you gllllllide on it.

BerretSO4

12-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skjuludde View Post
Then they shouldn't
I agree that it would not be worth the time to balance! Just for fun, which is as far as I can tell the core of why people play this game.

(bump so people can see)

BerretSO4

12-22-2011

extra bump - not sure if this is underexposed or if people just don't like it, but either way I want to give it a good chance to be seen.

geburgess

12-22-2011

I love it!

+1 and bump up.

BerretSO4

12-29-2011

This idea seems to be getting support upon (bump)

BerretSO4

01-04-2012

bump!