Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

How to get players to actually play on the PBE

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vecuu

12-14-2011

I was thinking about the PBE and came up with some very basic conclusions:

1- it is easy to troll the PBE since you start at level 30 and getting banned just means you can make a new account with lots of free IP and RP
2- people don't play on the PBE because they fall behind on IP on their mains
3- inexperienced players can play on the PBE as a level 30 even if they have played 5 games total

I have a very simple solution to fix all of these problems:

Connect the PBE accounts to main LoL accounts

It solves all of the issues.

1- trolls in the PBE get their mains banned, so it's not a low risk, high reward environment for trolling
2- it keeps new players (or new troll accounts) out of the PBE since you have to be level 30 to play in the PBE
3- it gives people a reason to play on the PBE since they are gaining the same amount of IP for their main account. This is the reason why I don't play on the PBE since I would rather get 100ip per game on my main account for the few 6300 champions I don't own.

I'm sure this wouldn't be easy to implement, but it would help the PBE become more useful rather than a separate, nearly empty server filled with trolls.

forgedstealth

12-14-2011

it does sound better for anti trolling but it would still be a lot of work hooking it up with Trib and stuff. May be a good idea

Mr Retardo

12-15-2011

I don't know about gaining IP on your main account. Perhaps if it was a lot lower than normal gain.

Daedelous

12-15-2011

If gains on the PBE translate to main account gains, people will lose focus on testing. Just think, they use the stipends to play characters and skins they won't get on live for whatever reason, and still take the benefits home there.

Vecuu

12-15-2011

Doesn't have to be a 1:1 IP gain, but I feel like something returned is needed. There isn't a lot of gain for players playing on the PBE at the moment, since, even if you want to test something, it's hard to get a serious game in.

Owlstar

12-16-2011

I'll be honest, if I were to get some benefit, even 1/2 of the IP gain on my main account, then I'd play on beta so much more. I don't mean that I get extra experience, or champions, I mean that when ever I win/lose a game, half of that IP goes to my main.

BlackDespondency

12-17-2011

I was thinking about this as well, hell I don't play PBE for 2 reasons
1: I like gaining IP out of my games for my account
2: Waiting 20 minutes for a game to happen, and then someone queue dodges makes me want to choke a *****.

Vuliev

12-18-2011

I think people are missing the point. You don't have to log in to PBE with your main, you have to connect it. The accounts are distinct from each other (RP/IP cannot move from one account to the other), but any suspension/ban on one account gets the other suspended/banned too.

EDIT: Idk, maybe a 50% transfer of IP earned in games on PBE to the mains. I don't mind not having that though, but it might generate interest in PBE.

Riddler

Recruiter

12-18-2011

Idk, I feel honored to test the shen changes, I would do this for free all day. I am open for any help though to get more people playing.

BlackDespondency

12-18-2011

Quote:
Riddler:
Idk, I feel honored to test the shen changes, I would do this for free all day. I am open for any help though to get more people playing.

I honestly try to play, but nobody is ever on (I'll queue for like 15 minutes while trolling around the forums) and won't get a game to play. Maybe I pick bad times to play, apparently.