Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Lifesteal/Spell Vamp

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Quick Rawr

12-14-2011

Never run spellvamp/life steal on Teemo and I've never seen a need for it. End game AD Shaco I might have life steal, but otherwise I don't really see the need. On Tryndamere, I've always gotten it... but yeah I think it just depends on your playstyle. I don't see many people run it at all

Nekrogen

12-14-2011

I've run 6% spellvamp runes, 3% spellvamp masteries, WotA and Revolver on Cass. Man that was funny as hell.

ImCoolerOnline

12-14-2011

Just finished a game where ryze and I were capping a point both of us had books and I had gunblade. 70% spell vamp on alistar lol

Nether

12-14-2011

People are using stuff. Quick, nerf the **** out of it.

Señor Pancho

12-14-2011

it's really just the spellvamp that is or may be a problem... the lifesteal is really bad.

Red Smurf27

12-14-2011

What Kevin said "Ryze/Cass bot with double WOTA." We tried to 5v2 their bot hold and got wiped. Still gives me nightmares.

Arroo

12-15-2011

Quote:
Nether:
People are using stuff. Quick, nerf the **** out of it.

People are trying to have a conversation. Quick, troll the **** out of it.

Gehn the Dark

12-15-2011

I haven't seen spell vamp or life steal being a problem on Dominion. There's a lot of incentive to stay out as long as possible and sustain helps.

I haven't seen it getting out of line though: It works well against tanky DPS who are common in Dominion, but it also suffers against assassins who are also common in Dominion. Outside of fights, you need to leave the safety of a turret to lifesteal off minions which can leave you making the choice between risking a gank or being less prepared to hold the point.

Stimuz

12-15-2011

Quote:
Gehn the Dark:
I haven't seen spell vamp or life steal being a problem on Dominion. There's a lot of incentive to stay out as long as possible and sustain helps.

I haven't seen it getting out of line though: It works well against tanky DPS who are common in Dominion, but it also suffers against assassins who are also common in Dominion. Outside of fights, you need to leave the safety of a turret to lifesteal off minions which can leave you making the choice between risking a gank or being less prepared to hold the point.

I saw Ryze ****ing heal 500 in one pop up with dual wota. It is a problem, a huge problem. One of the BIGGEST problems with vamp is that some spells recieve full benefit of vamp with nearly nonexistant cooldowns (ryze Q), and are labeled single target when they shouldn't be(pretty sure ryze E falls into this catagory as well, possibly his R, I don't see how 500 fkn healing on 120MR is possible otherwise).Vamp/Leech items should be replaced by more dominion oriented counterparts, WOTA being the BIGGEST culprit. Vamp %'s for each ability vary way too much from champ to champ. It's pretty dumb in this type of game mode where DoTs heal you less than spammy nukes.

It's also a problem on Vayne imo, but her damage is more of the issue than anything. Watching her tumble crit and heal 300 is fun though.

Stimuz

12-15-2011

Quote:
Red Smurf27:
What Kevin said "Ryze/Cass bot with double WOTA." We tried to 5v2 their bot hold and got wiped. Still gives me nightmares.

I've been on that team before, it works entirely because Ryze vamp coefficients are broken as hell and need to be looked at.