Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Need some help with optimal builds for these champs:

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PitufoLevel1

12-13-2011

Hello, as title says I need some help/advice building these champions the optimal way for Dominion.

I would much rather get the responses from high elo players who just know better (I know who you are) but any answer probably helps.

Extra advice on runes/masteries would be great, but it is not necessary.

Anyway here is the list:
(and quoted below each, the current replies in case you wish to disagree with anything or explain something further from what has been said!)

~ Blitz:

Im thinking max CDR and going tanky DPS kind of like Alistar, but Im not entirely sure. Id appreciate the opinion of Senor Pancho in this one because Ive played against his Blitz many times and he is really really good (silly me, I never checked his build while playing ).

Quote:
Forestgreen02:
For Blitz, buy these in order?

Boots + Sapphire + Ruby Crystal -> Catalyst -> Either Merc or Ninja Tabi ->
If you're team is tank heavy already go Sheen first
If enemy team AD heavy -> Glacial Shroud, AP heavy get negatron cape and finish into Odyn's at lvl 15~. Get triforce last. Max E at 9, then W, then Q. As always R whenever 6,11,16.

Quote:
Señor Pancho:
hi !

the golden age of dominion blitz ended with the arrival of the new masteries, unfortunately. revive + ghost, with 0-9-21 (nimbleness, dodge runes, 7-min and 200% movespeed revive xD oh man that was fun!

that being said, blitz is still very good right now. basically, I run 3 types of blitz:

1) the annoying 40% CDR and TANK blitz
-masteries: 0-21-9
-runes: armor pen or scaling AD (red), scaling armor (yellow), CDR (blue), CDR or MS (quints)
-items: lucidity boots, glacial shroud, catalyst (core) then odyn's veil, randuin's
this blitz is really for when you have fragile allies that deal ALOT of DPS but need protection in order to actually deal their damage. do not expect a good K-D-A, because you will often take all the heat in order to save important teammates. you may go a bit beyond 40% CDR but it's not a big deal.

2) the terror blitz (DPS)
-masteries: 21-9-0
-runes: scaling AD (red), scaling armor (yellow), scaling MR (blue), MS or armor pen (quints)
-items: brutalizer, trinity (core) then belt and atma's
straight DPS to seek and destroy targets. the most fun by far IMO, but not the best tactical choice. you can get a manamune too, but I found it takes a while to build and you may not max it out, but at the same time it works well with your passive...

3) the anti-stealth and utility blitz
-runes: scaling ad or magic pen (red), mix of scaling armor and CDR (yellow), CDR (blue), MS (quints)
-items: hextech sweeper, lucidity boots, frozen mallet (core) then abissal scepter
can be very good against team fa ggots (talon, wukong, shaco, akali etc..) and with HTS and AS, your ult should hit really hard too!

that's usually how I play blitz, depending on both team compositions and circumstances. you can also just simply mix the items and masteries showed above to get an all-around solid blitz, in which case trinity and FH or randuin would be core. sometimes I mix things up and try new stuff, ending in success or complete failures :0

~ DrMundo:

Yes, I know, Mundo is not really played that much in Dom, let alone in high elo. But well I like Mundo and would like to see if anyone has played him on a viable way at high elo and if so, what is their playstyle. Certainly not tank. Maybe Tanky DPS? The mighty trolly magpen build? AP *trollface*? Help!

Quote:
Forestgreen02:

Mundo

Boots of speed + Ruby Crystal + Long sword -> Phage -> Merc treads or ninja if enemy team has zero CC -> Spirit Visage -> Frozen mallet -> Atmas -> Phantom Dancer -> If little AP team go for Last Whisper otherwise Force of Nature.

~ Ezreal:

This one is played a lot more but Ive never really played him that much here in Dom though I want to start out because he can be quite fun. Guessing his core would be something like PBlade/Triforce/Sanguine or similar.

Quote:
Talamare:
When I play Ezzie, I usually go AP

The game is usually dominated by either - Bursters, Carries or Tankies

AP Ez can usually deal with Bursters since he has Range and Skill shots, same with Carries

AD Ez is probably better against Tankies, but you could probably just kite them

~ Gangplank:

Im thinking the usual Triforce/IE with some Tanky in there but just to make sure I ask.

~ Heimer:

Preferably a Top build/playstyle, because I dont enjoy solo bot with this guy (if Im going solo bot Id much rather get Ryze/Urgot) and Ive seen some great performances Top with him. Seeking for advice mainly from TheFeedski and any other high elo Heimer, preferably who plays him top.

~ Irelia:

God I always loved this girl but I havent played her in AGES. Willing to start on her again here but definitely need some building tips to be optimal here. Most Irelias I see are decent, but I remember 1 Irelia that a few weeks ago really hardcarried an entire 5 man premade (against our 5 man premade), she was just really brutal which is what I like about her, in the right hands she can be really sick.

~ Kassadin:

Always banned, but well, just in case I ever get to play him I want to know what high elo players used to build him.

~ Kog'Maw:

Another common ban, and I usually never play him but someday in the future I will want to showoff my cheap limited skin so I want to build him right by then
Bloodrazor definitely a core item, maybe Malady, but not sure bout the rest. Maybe frozen mallet? Sanguine blade? Or standard SR carry items like IE/PD?

Quote:
Warrrrax:
Kog:
I recommend starting with Zerker boots as this gives you a nice mobility advantage and efficient Attack Speed boost. I like taking an anti-magic cloak, upgraded to a Wits End ASAP and a health pot.
From there, youve got Wits End, Sword of Divine, Phage->Mallet, Bloodrazor.

This gives you the best chance of ramping up your DPS very quickly. Otherwise you will lose to all the gap-closer champs that abound.
Mallet is particularly valuable since the effective health boost keeps you from getting bursted to death as easily, and the snare allows you to get in several hits before most can use their gap-closers, plus prevent escape

Quote:
Oozra:
kog maw is very situational on what your facing .

I usually start with boots
tabi for heavy ad , merc for heavy CC and AP and beserker when you just want to go glass canon .

Than i go with something to boost my attack speed .
Malady to boost damage (lower mr) , Wit s end to raise your mr (against heavy ap) , lightbringer for stealth and Sword of the divine for jax .

Than i go with the razor .

From than , build a phage and complete it either into the hp item or the ad items depending on your needs .

By than , the game is ended .

~ Malphite:

Another guy that is almost never seen in high elo (or any elo for that matter), but well, if Riot EVER puts his Marble skin on sale I will want to pick him up and play some Dominion just because I absolutely love that skin and I dont even play Malphite ever lol.
So what would you build on him in order to be at least decently useful? CDR/Tanky DPS like Alistar?

~ Wukong:

Just for trying him this week that he is free. Dont think I intend to use him any further but well, just in case. Triforce Im guessing is a core on him based on his kit. Rest idk maybe tanky or ghostblade? Maybe Fratmas for his passive?

~ Some others that I will not comment on because this is probably getting too big and noone will read if I continue this way :
(Ill bold the most important ones)

Nunu, Olaf, Orianna, Renek, Shen (lol, but seriously), Singed, Sion, Sivir, Sona, Teemo, Vayne, Veigar (lol 2x but again seriously), Vlad (lol 9000x but I love Vlad and Ive heard there is 1 good one in high elo!).

---------------------

So thats it!

Comment on any champion you desire, the more the merrier!

Btw Im sorry if I come off as some kind of jerk with all the "high elo" talk and requesting advice from them, but it is just the level of gaming I aim to reach and/or maintain here in Dominion so the advice from the people who are already there is much more helpful to me. Someone telling me something like "Go Nashors Tooth on Teemo!! I pawn 30/0 all games with thiz builtzz!!1!" is not advice I can take into consideration because it simply wont work against the level of skill of the enemies I intend to face.

Thanks in advance.

Narcomancer

12-13-2011

Dude, try looking them up on Mobafire, Leaguecraft or in previous forum posts.

Forestgreen02

12-13-2011

For Blitz, buy these in order?

Boots + Sapphire + Ruby Crystal -> Catalyst -> Either Merc or Ninja Tabi ->
If you're team is tank heavy already go Sheen first
If enemy team AD heavy -> Glacial Shroud, AP heavy get negatron cape and finish into Odyn's at lvl 15~. Get triforce last. Max E at 9, then W, then Q. As always R whenever 6,11,16.

Mundo

Boots of speed + Ruby Crystal + Long sword -> Phage -> Merc treads or ninja if enemy team has zero CC -> Spirit Visage -> Frozen mallet -> Atmas -> Phantom Dancer -> If little AP team go for Last Whisper otherwise Force of Nature.

PitufoLevel1

12-13-2011

Quote:
Narcomancer:
Dude, try looking them up on Mobafire, Leaguecraft or in previous forum posts.

Dude, I dont know of any single reliable Dominion high elo in Mobafire and Leaguecraft, so those builds or "guides" are completely obsolete to me.

Im looking for builds from players who know what they are doing, and in DOMINION, which is almost entirely different than Classic in terms of build order and champion playstyle.

Ive searched previous forum posts and thats the reason this list is not a LOT bigger, Im only asking for those champions that I havent found anything yet that is truly viable at higher level of play.

Narcomancer

12-13-2011

Well, if you are that good that there is not a single adiquate build in any of those places to meet your satisfaction, then I would suggest that you already have a pretty good idea what the builds for most of those should be. A little actual game grinding to perfection might be a good thing. Good luck.

PitufoLevel1

12-13-2011

Quote:
Narcomancer:
Well, if you are that good that there is not a single adiquate build in any of those places to meet your satisfaction, then I would suggest that you already have a pretty good idea what the builds for most of those should be. A little actual game grinding to perfection might be a good thing. Good luck.

??

Learn to read or keep your immature attitude out of my thread.

Talamare

12-13-2011

When I play Ezzie, I usually go AP

The game is usually dominated by either - Bursters, Carries or Tankies

AP Ez can usually deal with Bursters since he has Range and Skill shots, same with Carries

AD Ez is probably better against Tankies, but you could probably just kite them

Narcomancer

12-13-2011

Quote:
PitufoLevel1:
??

Learn to read or keep your immature attitude out of my thread.

I think I've given you good advice twice, and your attitude is immature.

Señor Pancho

12-13-2011

hi !

the golden age of dominion blitz ended with the arrival of the new masteries, unfortunately. revive + ghost, with 0-9-21 (nimbleness, dodge runes, 7-min and 200% movespeed revive xD oh man that was fun!

that being said, blitz is still very good right now. basically, I run 3 types of blitz:

1) the annoying 40% CDR and TANK blitz
-runes: armor pen or scaling AD (red), scaling armor (yellow), CDR (blue), CDR or MS (quints)
-items: lucidity boots, glacial shroud, catalyst (core) then odyn's veil, randuin's
this blitz is really for when you have fragile allies that deal ALOT of DPS but need protection in order to actually deal their damage. do not expect a good K-D-A, because you will often take all the heat in order to save important teammates. you may go a bit beyond 40% CDR but it's not a big deal.

2) the terror blitz (DPS)
-masteries: 21-9-0
-runes: scaling AD (red), scaling armor (yellow), scaling MR (blue), MS or armor pen (quints)
-items: brutalizer, trinity (core) then belt and atma's
straight DPS to seek and destroy targets. the most fun by far IMO, but not the best tactical choice. you can get a manamune too, but I found it takes a while to build and you may not max it out, but at the same time it works well with your passive...

3) the anti-stealth and utility blitz
-runes: scaling ad or magic pen (red), mix of scaling armor and CDR (yellow), CDR (blue), MS (quints)
-items: hextech sweeper, lucidity boots, frozen mallet (core) then abissal scepter
can be very good against team fa ggots (talon, wukong, shaco, akali etc..) and with HTS and AS, your ult should hit really hard too!

that's usually how I play blitz, depending on both team compositions and circumstances. you can also just simply mix the items and masteries showed above to get an all-around solid blitz, in which case trinity and FH or randuin would be core. sometimes I mix things up and try new stuff, ending in success or complete failures :0

Rebel Dragon

12-14-2011

You can check DominateDominion.com, they're accumulating Dominion-specific guides there.