Mundo - Sunfire

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mahjonks

12-15-2011

You have got to be kidding me?

He gets CC'ed? The only person who can escape CC better is Irelia with the whole team on her. By less than 5% CC reduction.

So Basically a Dr. Mundo with Burning Agony on, Merc Treads, and Juggernaut will enjoy a 61.975% CC reduction. Meaning....
5.5 Second slow from Zilean down to 2.09 seconds.
3.5 Second max range Ashe Crystal Arrow down to 1.33 seconds.
Standard 2 second stuns down to .76 Seconds.

I'm not seeing this magical he gets CC'd.... And honestly, if someone is chasing him down, he can throw 40% slowing cleavers behind himself with frightening regularity.

Typical midgame as Dr Mundo (The way I play him) is going to be looking at 162 Armor, 164 MR, and 2900 HP with 68hp5 (Ever seen your HP regen pop up over your head without using an ability?). 429 Move speed (when you ult it will jump to a very impressive 538, and if you ghost on top of that...) - Note against a balanced AD/AP Team. Obviously defense items are situational.

The only way I can see Dr Mundo being seen as a bad pick is honestly if you try to go out there and try to die. His roll in TT is to not die, push lanes, and keep towers from being toppled if his team mates die. He can clear jungle effectively if lanes are pushed too far and his % damage on cleaver is great for securing a quick dragon.

I think he just gets a bad rap because people try and get max HP on him because it is so nice with his Ult, but honestly you'd be right in saying that an ignite shuts him down then. But Dr Mundo with some defense behind his HP and the ability to farm like crazy has so much more potential.

It isn't like this is all theory either. I tanked a tower hitting me and a Fiddlesticks draining me with ignite on for enough time to destroy the tower today. ~8 seconds. I killed the tower, had their AD carry respawn and begin to chase me until cleavers slowed that idea to a halt, and made it back to base with a, "Wow GJ Mundo" from my team. The same fiddlesticks tried to gank me with his ult earlier, throwing his max rank fear as soon as it landed. The only response I got from him was, "No fear?" I just chuckled and told him how long the fear actually lasted (about 1.15 seconds).

If I need my win of the day because I don't have long, I play Dr. Mundo in Twisted Treeline. It is more of a guaranteed win than playing CoOp vs. AI.

Corben158

12-15-2011

Nice long post junior member but Mundos health is too low starting out and lots of 3's are over before lvl 15, before Mundo even starts to shine. Get W before lvl 8 and you kill yourself too fast after throwing some cleavers your half health with zero harass on the other team.

Mahjonks

12-15-2011

Explain to me how his HP is too low to begin with? With small amounts of HP regen cleavers are free if you can aim.

Koldheartedjsp

12-15-2011

you'll understand as your normal elo rises. mundo is just not good anymore

Mahjonks

12-15-2011

I'd really like an actual explanation rather than things like, "You'll see"

What makes him no longer viable?

Just went 2/4/9. 3 of my deaths resulted in an ace for my team.

Koldheartedjsp

12-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahjonks View Post
I'd really like an actual explanation rather than things like, "You'll see"

What makes him no longer viable?

Just went 2/4/9. 3 of my deaths resulted in an ace for my team.
ignite shuts him down and after that he can't sustain as well as most other champs that would fill his role.

it's not that he's super bad it's just that there are a ton of champs that would fill his role better no matter which way you decide to build him. Not to mention all his abilities cost health

Mahjonks

12-15-2011

Ignite shuts him down if you build nothing but HP and rely on your Ult to save your life when you overextend. It would be like saying Ignite shuts down Alistar because he has a heal. If you go into a fight not leaning on your ult already, you will have much more success.

Abilities costing health isn't that bad when you have natural health regen and a low cd ult that can be used to sustain in lane since it has a low CD. And honestly, his sustain is really good. It doesn't rely on enemy minions (life steal) and it fills his health rapidly (unlike say, Garen's passive)

Koldheartedjsp

12-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahjonks View Post
Ignite shuts him down if you build nothing but HP and rely on your Ult to save your life when you overextend. It would be like saying Ignite shuts down Alistar because he has a heal. If you go into a fight not leaning on your ult already, you will have much more success.

Abilities costing health isn't that bad when you have natural health regen and a low cd ult that can be used to sustain in lane since it has a low CD. And honestly, his sustain is really good. It doesn't rely on enemy minions (life steal) and it fills his health rapidly (unlike say, Garen's passive)

are you seriously comparing ignite shutting mundos ult down to alistars E?

Regardless of how you build him ignite shuts down mundos ult which is the center of his kit.

GetOnMyMap

12-16-2011

Eve is a better pick than Mundo

MauJustice

12-16-2011

Does QSS remove the healing reduction of ignite?