Purple team

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KoB Heathcliff

12-13-2011

Purple team is ridiculous. Everytime im on blue team, im almost guaranteed to win, but everytime im on purple team, im almost guaranteed to lose. Just wondering if riot has statistics for the win/loss ratio between blue and purple team on Summoner's rift. Not asking to change the map or anything, i just wanted to know the win/loss between blue and purple team.

Terridax

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

12-13-2011

I don't think it's the map itself that is the problem (if that's what you were trying to imply), but rather the angle that the camera is at. I prefer playing with a locked camera, but I can only do it while I'm on blue team, cuz whenever you're on purple you can't see far enough below your champ to play effectively... which means that I then have to unlock my camera, which usually results in me losing track of my character and dying.

Googlewin

12-13-2011

I've always wondered why they don't make the view the same for both teams. I.E. Both teams start in the bottom corner but see the opponent as starting from the top corner

Baffle Waffle

12-13-2011

Cuz that would require a lot more bandwidth...or some **** like that

ItzSniiper

12-13-2011

Don't play locked. Other than that it's your mindset on it. You're making yourself lose when you think in absolutes... especially negative ones.

LegionWarlord

12-13-2011

u HAVE to learn to play unlocked if your gonna do normal matchs

Terridax

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

12-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baffle Waffle View Post
Cuz that would require a lot more bandwidth...or some **** like that
No it wouldn't... that would be 100% client-sided, as far as I'm aware.

KoB Heathcliff

12-14-2011

No, the problem is the interface bar that holds all your abilities, hp, mana, etc. whenever im chasing someone even on unlocked camera setting, i click the interface bar instead of where i wanted to click and they get away. But even without that problem, purple team does seem to lose a lot more than blue team.

Dark Kuno

12-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchFluttershy View Post
No, the problem is the interface bar that holds all your abilities, hp, mana, etc. whenever im chasing someone even on unlocked camera setting, i click the interface bar instead of where i wanted to click and they get away. But even without that problem, purple team does seem to lose a lot more than blue team.
Because when learning to play (I.E tutorial and Bot games) everyone is always on the Blue side. Even if they learn to play with or without the camera locked.

That kind of complete map reversal changes the entire dynamic of the game. The layouts of the two sides of the map are different. Neutral buffs are in approximately similar locations, however the exact position can and does make a huge difference.

Example, Blue side AD ranged and melee champs in bottom lane have easier access to red buff than the their counterparts in purple do. Similarly AP/CD reliant champs in top lane again gives the advantage to Blue because of top lane proximity to Blue buff.

A lot of that in real matches can boil down to meta but overall, the advantages in the early to mid game do somewhat fall in favor of the Blue side.

And the fact that everyone learns to play on Blue side and the first time they ever play from purple is in a "real" game doesn't make it any easier for the side unfortunate enough to have been assigned purple.

OG Skywalker

12-14-2011

I completely agree with you ArchFluttershy I find myself consistently losing on purple team while consistently winning on blue! The camera angle is a huge part of that reason and i know it because looking down you lose a lot of seeing space while looking up (blue team) there is a lot more seeing space! THIS IS SUCH AN ADVANTAGE FOR BLUE TEAM ITS INSANE. Blue team's look angle allows for easier dodging of incoming attacks as well as more time to run from ganks. IMO THIS SERIOUSLY NEEDS TO BE FIXED.