Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Leona in Dominion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

dirkDiGgYDIGGLER

12-13-2011

I've played Leona on Dominion more than most other tanks and while she is reliant on her team, with a good team she can be a beast if you need cc.

Her combo actually bursts harder than almost any other tank and her ult makes her a threat father away than other tanks.

That said I mostly play her when I'm in a group of 3-4 in Skype and for that she's my favorite hands down.

LegendaryEnemy

12-13-2011

Quote:
ricklessabandon:
lol.

personally i think leona is in a pretty good place, but i don't play her that much nowadays so i could be off.
my core dominion build for her is pretty much: trinity force + ionian boots of lucidity.

the sheen/trinity procs end up doing quite a bit of damage, and rank 5 eclipse keeps her tanky enough to survive assassin burst. she can build health + cdr after her core is finished--items like reverie and odyn's veil do well. basically giant's belt, catalyst, and/or kindlegem upgrades. the key to her damage output is spacing her skills out for passive procs (if teammates are around) and sheen/trinity procs.

i'm no leona expert though, so take my advice with a grain of salt.

The primary problem results from the act of spacing abilities. As a Disruption tank this is usually not very effective in terms of doing my job.

1. Take kassadin. His blink is on cooldown for the next 3 seconds and he will get away unless I help my ally catch him. I land my ultimate. It gives me just enough time to throw zenith and snare him. I need to stun him as soon as I can or he will blink away to safety.

Even if you must lower the damage her passive deals she must have some means of triggering her passive. I feel the most natural means would be to allow her abilities to trigger her passive.

I've played Leona for about 35 games nearly nonstop. I feel that the inability to trigger her passive, and inability for her passive to get full utilization is a playability issue.

lbgsloan

12-13-2011

She requires strong teamwork to be remotely useful, and is therefore useless in soloq. Also, she's still totally outclassed by Amumu. I've seen Amumu's rock on Dominion. Leona, never.

GReendik

12-13-2011

Uhm trinity>atmas>forzen mallet and you can chase for days without a passive. The HP lets your eclipse do the tanking and in a 1v2 the aoe lets you bring down one champ and leave the other there with a tasty innate debuff to help your team to pick up the kill......

Try running a teemo in you group as leona, then when you are all alone you have mushrooms to proc your passive.

and if you have no teemo simple try to be in position for a global incoming... standing in a GP ulti leona can dominate 2 or 3 carry/assassins
Leona is a HIGH reward high punishment tank... chose and advantage and be rewarded, fail and get punished
Bandle city beatdown

Shaxtenn

12-13-2011

I wish towers and creeps could proc her passive. It's dreadful trying to defend a tower when you can take someone down to maybe 33% health with your full combo - but then you have nothing whatsoever left to throw out.

I've been picking up a DFG on her for the extra burst of damage, and CDR in place of a Frozen Heart. It's not super. I don't think sheen works that well on her, not as well as on Alistar, because it's so hard NOT to spam your spells. It's really intuitive to hit W, land your E, then immediately Q stun, but you need to be spacing them out to get the full 3-4 sheen hits.

I do like Leona as a disruptive tank, but, yeah. She's not a 1v1er.

TouchinMyself

12-13-2011

Leona is strong and very versatile. Her AP damage is underrated IMO considering how durable she is. When i play her usually i go for Rylais, Zhonyas and Abyssal Scepter with CDR boots. Her damage is not going to be amazing but the balance between damage and survivability is pretty good. I can 1v1 just about anyone with this build if her ult is up, initiate safely, have decent AOE damage and have enough durability to survive when defending.

I have seen people play her AD and do ok, have seen a build similar to what ricklessabandon said with TF and have seen plenty of straight tank builds which IMO is a mistake.

TouchinMyself

12-13-2011

Also to all those going on about how shes not a 1v1er wtf are you all smoking???

Even built full tank if her ult is up she can 1v1 95% of the champs in the game...

Ascleph

12-13-2011

Leona is amazing in dominion IF your team is competent, but if your team is derping all over the place, theres NOTHING you can do as Leona to win the game. You can defend a point from 1 enemy and stall up to 3 enemies for quite a long time if you cap CDR

I've been building kindlegem and FH for the 40% CDR, then Lich Bane for dmg and the game tends to end by then. I turn kindlegem into either a hextech sweeper or soul shroud depending on the situation.

Kolos1001

12-13-2011

Quote:
Ascleph:
Leona is amazing in dominion IF your team is competent, but if your team is derping all over the place, theres NOTHING you can do as Leona to win the game.

This x100. Which is why you play leona with friends and not solo q with her.

Quote:
Ascleph:
I turn kindlegem into either a hextech sweeper or soul shroud depending on the situation.

You should try reverie sometime. The active is extremely useful.

Ascleph

12-13-2011

Quote:
Kolos1001:
You should try reverie sometime. The active is extremely useful.

I've been thinking about that, but I would need to move around my masteries or change my other items to not go over the cap, its a lot harder to fit "on the fly" compared to the other 2, since both are 10%, hell I can even just leave it as a kindlegem sometimes.