Sneak Peek The Journal of Justice

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MMKH

07-09-2010

I think this is a great idea. What would really give the stories life though, are some nice illustrations.

DrCordelius

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-09-2010

Any thought about making event maps, in which the stories in JoJ get acted out in the League? It could be kind of like the Roman practice of recreating historic fights, like the battle of Carthage in Gladiator.

Pen15Mightier

07-09-2010

So we don't have to pay to play, new champions/maps/etc coming down the pipeline, and now this? I LOVE THIS IDEA! I'm a lore junky, it's fun and meaningful to the development of the game!

+one zillion to you Riot!

Benadryl Jackson

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-09-2010

Hire me for this, please. I've already got some experience reporting the newsworthy events of Runeterra:

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...ble+news+folks

Lightsaber122

07-09-2010

I was just in game as Captain Teemo and after just killing Malph 1v1 i was like
Captain Teemo Slays Giant Rock Monster Tonight at 10 on LoL News.
then i was like I wish...

Now, Captain Teemo can be in the news! This is a must we need Cpt Teemo Storys.

scotth266

07-09-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotBabagahnoosh View Post
Snip.
While it's cool to see that you guys are expanding the lore for LoL, I'm a bit more concerned with the lore in place: namely, how it's a confusing, jumbled, hard-to-find mess.

Currently the story pages on each champion are, well... some have spelling mistakes, some have grammar mistakes, some are almost copy-pasta'd from other hero pages (though that's mostly the Void-related heroes: anyone/thing related to the Void has some blather at the top about what a horrific place it is.)

Also, the lore in general is kind of confusing. You guys don't really link to the general lore at all (except in the Learning Center) and you don't really have much written about it, other than the general state of Demacia, Noxus, and The League. Heck, you don't even explain what Runeterra and Valoran are, or if you did it was easily missed (I'm presuming Runeterra to be the world in general, and Valoran to be the continent that Demacia and Noxus rest on.) Other locations (such as the Void, which seems to be significant given the number of heroes that came from it) are only mentioned in hero story pages, and given the brevity of the pages in question there isn't really much to think about.

Long story short: glad to see an expansion of the lore, but would like to see a reformation of the lore already in place to make it

A) More accessible.
B) More understandable.

Also, could we see some heroes that run contrary to the social philosophies of their cities? You can believe in strength but be a good person, and you can believe in social justice but be a complete *******. Actually, that second one has some hilarious potential: you could make the next hero be a murderous judge

Geluatrum

07-09-2010

I just had a loregasm.

Enfant Terrible

07-09-2010

This is so cool. I've been discussing this with my friends a lot too. That the background/story/lore of each Champion should be expanded and stuff.

Thank you Riot.

Sylph

Emissary of the League

07-09-2010

Thank you Riot.

OniKedamono

07-09-2010

I opened this earlier today when there were only 2 pages, now there are 11... but I read the first two pages and don't believe I saw something of this... But I wonder if this means we will also be able to shape the story of LoL some as well? Because the League was also made to help make decisions and prevent wars... seems like not only would we be able to like articles we thought were good... but like maybe we could say we supported some certain decision, then our games and matches decide what is done.

Though I guess that's make the matchmaking even harder if it had to take people of similar decisions... Or would make the voting by victory a bit weird since you could have a team with different choices.

Either way, cool, can't wait to see what comes of it.