Vote to dodge

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ItsDangerous

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-14-2011

"Ewww your playing ________, noob gtfo, he isnt FoTM all vote dodge"
next game
next game
next game.....

BerretSO4

12-14-2011

ItsDangerous presents an okay point that it could be abused, but another problem with this idea would be that part of why there's a penalty is so that you don't have tons of people dodging games all the time.

Granted, the fact that it would potentially be a 4v1 vote kind of takes care of this, but not completely. If four people queue up they can just dodge everyone until they get someone who will do exactly what they say. Good for some, not good for every team of four people that decide they just want to troll a random. It makes that free. Perhaps limit the dodge by thirty minutes? But now we're getting complicated...

I do think there's a bit of an issue with not being able to get away from someone who is obviously going to be no fun at all, but I'm interested in this solution being more bulletproof.

ItsDangerous

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-14-2011

Thats the issue with this game, everyone looks at the systems in place, and points out all the faults with them (which there are many). A lot of great ideas are coming to these problems but theres never any as simple as this. Its a great idea but too exploitable. Either bad system or broken system... Ill take bad for now, still seems the only way out of this is playing as a 5 team. Conventional rules dont apply because of the team element to this game where we depend on each other.

TL;DR: Solo que is solo que, enjoy it for what it is.

Juyen

12-14-2011

I completely agree with this idea
i also like the idea of voting to kick players
if someone is trolling or feeding team should be able to vote to kick
they would still lose the elo from the likely loss but players who get kicked too often would just get an account ban. would not need the summoners code nonsense

ShineySides

12-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsDangerous View Post
next game
next game
next game.....
Also, oh they countered us better on picks vote dodge.

Or, "everyone pick random chars, we then vote dodge and ban what enemy is playing." <--happens a lot when people queue dodge.

Or Such and such has (heal, promote, smite, teleport) and refuses to FOTM ignite+flash. Dodge.

There are sooo many ways this system could be abused even further that its not worth doing.

oDesired

12-16-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShineySides View Post
Also, oh they countered us better on picks vote dodge.

Or, "everyone pick random chars, we then vote dodge and ban what enemy is playing." <--happens a lot when people queue dodge.

Or Such and such has (heal, promote, smite, teleport) and refuses to FOTM ignite+flash. Dodge.

There are sooo many ways this system could be abused even further that its not worth doing.
see i disagree people will try to troll the system but the system will beat them cuz 99% of the time u will not get 2 trolls on ur team therefore being able to get the dodge through were on the other hand if u do so happen to get 2 u can always leave. also maybe if the penelty for leaving wasnt so harsh. I lose 10 elo if i leave and and i lose 10 elo if i lose, i get 10 elo if i win? its really not worth me dodging at all.

A2ZOMG

12-16-2011

Why dodging costs 10 elo is beyond me. The system is actually glitchy enough that forced dodges do happen.

It just is kinda not cool when a glitch in the system forces you to lose 10 elo. That alone should be a reason to lower the dodge penalty.

oDesired

12-16-2011

also u get 2 penaltys not being abel to join for a period of time and the elo loss. PLEASE EXPLAIN RIOT

ShadowRogues

12-16-2011

Yeah this is a really good idea

oDesired

12-17-2011

bump ideas?