[CHALLENGE] Create a League Judgment - Penny, the Heiress of Fortune

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Yousonerfed

12-13-2011

Time for another challenge!

Alright, so I made this request a while back to have someone help me out with making a League Judgment for one of my Champion Concepts, and Sarkan of Arkham WAS helping me out with it, but after a bit he seem to... mysteriously disappear. No idea what happened to him.

Anyways, I thought I'd reopen the challenge here (the original was under my Yousosmart name, so I can't edit it). The original topic is here: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1212073

Here's how this challenge works: I provide you with background information and such relating to my Champion Concept, and you write up a League Judgment that would fit for the Champion in question. Try to make it fit the parameters I've given you. Whichever one I like the most, I'll use in my Champion Concept topic (with possibly some tweaks).

Your reward? Well, there's bragging rights for one, but I'll also credit you for your help in my concept topic. Mostly, this is for funsies.

This is for one of my less notable Champion Concepts (one I'm trying to improve): Penny, the Heiress of Fortune

Click here to reach the concept topic, if you want: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1350556

Background

Quote:
Even the Institute of War needs money. In such situations, the Summoners of the League of Legends have turned to the Aurum Bank in Piltover, the most successful banking company in Valoran for centuries. Run by the reputed Aurum family, the bank serves clients all across Valoran, and maintains an unmatched record of ethical work and customer service. And it is no secret that the Aurums love money.

A true example of this sentiment would come from the last head of the bank, Pecunis Aurum, and his relationship with his only daughter Penelope, or Penny as most call her. Having lost her mother at childbirth, Penny lived a sheltered life in a luxurious mansion, attended to her every whim by many servants. Yet her father rarely visited, buried in his work, and she made no friends among other children, kept cooped up in her home by her father's overprotective worry of her.

To pass the time, Penny took to studies on magic and commerce; it didn't take long for the College of Magic to discover her magical talents, yet her father insisted that she be tutored at home, much to Penny's chagrin. She showed a strong affinity for enchanting, which scarily matched her business savvy. In particular, she had a unique talent for animating various dolls into personal servants, and gained a collection of hundreds of animated dolls to attend to her.

Yet at the age of eighteen, Penny's life took a drastic turn. Entering her father's study one night, Penny discovered to her horror that her father had been murdered, a knife in his back. No evidence was discovered as to who the killer was. And merely days later, control of the Aurum Bank fell to Pecunis' partner, Berton Gatewood, much to Penny's shock, for the bank had always fallen from one Aurum to the next. Legal documentation, including her father's will, however, showed that Gatewood was to succeed her father.

Outraged, Penny confronted Gatewood on the matter, and threatened to have him thrown out onto the streets. To her shock, Gatewood turned the tables on her, and instead she found herself evicted from her home. A short while later, Penny was assaulted by several armed men intent on taking her life, but was saved by the timely intervention of Caitlyn, the Sheriff of Piltover. Confiding with Caitlyn, who was one of her few friends, it became clear to Penny that Gatewood likely had a hand in her father's death, but she could not prove it. Much to her dismay, Caitlyn couldn't either without evidence.

Using her father's remaining connections with the League's Summoners, Penny found refuge in the Institute of War, where she hopes to uncover Gatewood's treachery and expose him as her father's murderer. Yet her placement at the Institute has come with a price: she has to fight in the League of Legends as a Champion.

Whoever said money can't buy you happiness clearly has never been rich before. - Penny
Character Details
Quote:
- Penny's full name is Penelope Gemmas Aurum. Only she and her father (to her belief) know her full name.

- Penny's last name, Aurum, is the Latin word for gold. Her middle name, Gemmas, is the Latin word for jewel.

- Penny is, for lack of a better term, a brat, and hates it when things don't go her way. She is, however, very clever and mature, and is a talented negotiator when it comes to business, if inexperienced. Deep down, however, she isn't a bad person, but is impulsive and a product of her upbringing: prim and proper.
--- If I had to pick tropes (i.e. TVTropes) for Penny, it'd be "Rich B*tch" and "Jerk with a Heart of Gold"

- Penny's only friend from her childhood days is Caitlyn, as her father was good friends with Caitlyn's parents. The two met at fancy parties and such, where Caitlyn impressed Penny with her sleuthing skills by beating her in a game of chess. Caitlyn was the first person ever to beat Penny at chess, which she was at first angry at, but cooled down when Caitlyn calmly explained how she won.

- Penny is quick to become envious of others who have something she doesn't have. In particular, she is venomously jealous of Caitlyn's body. (Penny's a flattie )
--- The fact that Penny is flat is meant to be a joke directed at the LoL fanbase, who mostly appreciate female Champions with large chests. Penny is meant to be flat-chested partly as a comparison, and also for humor.

- Penny has a bit of an unrequited crush on Jarvan IV, the Exemplar of Demacia, even though she's disdainful of Demacia's political views. She sometimes has weird fantasies about being married to Jarvan IV, often leading her to long-winded daydreams. Jarvan, however, barely knows her.

- Penny wields a golden pistol in battle that shoots blasts of magic (she made it with Caitlyn's help and her own skill at enchantment). She's not as good a shot as Caitlyn or Miss Fortune, though, but Caitlyn taught her a little on how to shoot. To compensate, Penny's enchantments on the gun cause its bullets to home in on their targets, making the shots almost impossible to dodge.

- Penny's godfather is none other than High Councilor Heywan Relivash of the Institute of War, and it is he who arranges for Penny's stay at the Institute. He is also one of only two people who knows Penny's full name; the other was her father.

Appearance Artwork (credit goes to the original artist) (this should not be taken as exactly what Penny looks like)
Attachment 340835
Now, here's something I should note now: Sarkan of Arkham did have a pretty good judgment going until he vanished, and I'm planning to use a part of it because he did such a good job with it. The part I'm using is the "Observation" part, which shows the Champion before he/she is judged by the League. I've copied Sarkan's version below (with some tweaks); it can also be found through the following link:

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=14265637#post14265637
Quote:
LEAGUE JUDGMENT
DATE: CLASSIFIED
CANDIDATE: Penelope "Penny" Gemmas Aurum

Observation

Penny walked down the wide stone hallways of the Institute of War with an air that only comes from a life of prosperity and fortune. Head held high, overly exaggerated posture, and an attitude that spoke of higher upbringing were all things that simply came naturally to her. However, the last several months had been anything but fortunate for the daughter of the late Pecunis Aurum. She had lost her only family, her family business, her possessions, her home, everything that validated her existence. Penny struggled to put these thoughts out of her mind as she continued towards the marble staircase. She had come too far to get caught up on the past. She had to move forward now, no matter what.

In an effort to compose herself, she withdrew to the practice of appraising her surroundings, a habit she had picked up as a young girl and honed to the point of alarming accuracy over time.

Granite pillar, 250 gold pieces. Marble stairway, 100 gold pieces per block, approximately 45,000 pieces for the entire set of material, easily sellable for 60,000, if these summoners would bother to get decent craftsmen; obviously the inhabitants of the Institute possessed a severe lack of decorative sense. Brazen doorway, double design, easily eight feet tall...

Penny's train of thought was broken as her eyes settled on the inscription written just below eye level.

The truest opponent lies within...

She read the words with a slight smile.

True or not, everyone has their price; I'll simply have to find theirs, she thought with no small amount of smugness.

She placed her hand upon the door, and found it reacted to her slightest touch. It swung inward, revealing only darkness within. Squinting, but unable to see what lay ahead, Penny simply shrugged, and strode forward, the door closing behind her.
So if any of you wish to write the rest of it, however you please, I'll appreciate it.

Yousonerfed

12-14-2011

Just noticed a lot of errors in how I tweaked the Observation. Fixed them.

Really, though, any help would be nice.

Yousonerfed

12-17-2011

No one's interested? *sad panda*

ReaverKing

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-22-2011

I've got Christmas shopping and work, but give me a till 1 am.

Yousonerfed

12-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaverKing View Post
I've got Christmas shopping and work, but give me a till 1 am.

ReaverKing

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-23-2011

Okay, its up. It took 3 hours longer than I expected and its about 7 pages long, but enjoy!

Yousonerfed

12-23-2011

Read it. Not what I was looking for, but it was good for a laugh.

When I think of League Judgments, it's more like the ones Riot used to post up (until their Lore Department basically got shafted).

ReaverKing

12-23-2011

some of my favorite judgements were the unconvetional ones before everyone after Swain just started calling out the summoners mid-judgement.

The summoner appears in some guise and through conversation or simple trickery gets the potential new champion to reveal some new aspect of his or her personality. That has some real depth to it.

And since I was inspired by the story "Best of the best" (read it, its great) I decided to see if I could write a Judgement in a way that let someone other than a summoner read Penny's secret self through some shared activity, but not combat as that was what was used in "Best of the Best"

BTW, bonus points if you figure out who "You know who" is. Don't spoil it though.

Yousonerfed

12-27-2011

Well, if it's all the same to you, I'm gonna keep this challenge open to see if someone can match or beat yours. In any case, I'll probably need one that more fits as a League Judgment (although yours, as I've said before, was pretty dang funny).

Yousonerfed

01-09-2012

Blargh, still no takers...