Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Sona in Dominion....

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zavy

12-13-2011

Sona is good for support. That's not to say she's the best, but she's good.

ChaoticHypnotic

12-13-2011

LMFAO. OP thinks people pick Sona for the heal. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Sealpup

12-13-2011

Sona is a good pick for either AD or AP/CDR/Aura play, but she wouldn't work all the time. For the 4 going top in Dominion, there needs to be 1 tanky DPS, and 1 ranged AD ideally, then she can be the third as support.

She cannot replace a ranged AD as the only ranged DPS, will not be favorable in the first top fight at least. Later on in the game her ultimate can change games.

There are of course better/worse picks, but Sona is a passable/fun pick when the setup is right.

Alvinheimer

12-13-2011

You guys should run Shurelias more.

markcampbell

12-13-2011

she is so stupid for her healing spells if u ban a chapion for a mach make it sona

LegendaryEnemy

12-13-2011

Quote:
bladeofwill:
she cant 1v1 maokai because his passive is strong against skill spammers, obviously.

this

DG TheFeedski

Recruiter

12-13-2011

People are hating on Sona again? Sigh... Add me to friends list, and i'll play one game with you as Sona and completely change your mind.

maxusmaximus

12-14-2011

Sona is awesome. I wouldnt say she's top tier but she certainly is strong in the right hands. Her Q + passive proc with lich bane is insane. Not sure why you would 1v1 with her (i've won a lot of 1v1 fights with her all the same) but teamed with a tanky dps you will almost never lose a 2v2 fight. My best k/d/a is still with sona at 28/5/5.

Narcomancer

12-14-2011

Quote:
AriesMajor:
Just stop it....STOP IT.

Your heal is already weak enough, the extra dominion passive that nerfs heals makes it even worse, aside from the fact that you couldn't 1vs1 a tree and win....stop it.

Are you for real dude? Do you have no idea how to build her, or are you playing against horrible Sona's? She does great damage! No, she doesnt heal a lot, but that ability buffs the defenses as well. If you get WILL, you are now healing with your attack ability and healing your allies in 2 ways. I would also recommend Frozen Heart, which further protects yourself and your allies, gives great cdr and the mana to spam away. IMO if you dont max her cdr you are just failing at building her. (With the exception of a rare skilled player that builds Lichbane for crazy burst damage).

Her mobility ability is just horrible though, its not even noticeable.

Shaxtenn

12-14-2011

Sona isn't bad. She has some nice damage with DFG and a Lichbane. She has nice poke, a passive that perfectly complements sheen, armour/MR steroid, AOE stun, kiting ability with E, and a kit full of team buffs.

The problem is everyone else plays bruisers/tanky derps/assassins like Riven, Wukong, Tryndamere, Poppy, Irelia, and Pantheon. They will get up in your face and stick on you and wreck you quite quickly, and you won't be able to kite them or get away from them. I've played maybe 20-25 blind pick Sona games on Dom and in almost every one of them, someone on the other team has been able to do this.