Hotshot, TheOddOne, Reginald, and SaintVicious, you are too negative

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xNegi kunx

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-03-2012

I agree with the OP, but at the same time, it's funny to watch them get all serious over a game...it's like, take a chill pill and get some sunlight.

Cragspyder

02-03-2012

I have to agree with the OP in spirit. I don't agree with a player, no matter how good he is, being a ******bag because someone makes a mistake, or because they didn't win, or because they did win and like to brag about it. I've watched streams of pro players who do this and I actually have to turn off the stream because I can't stand it. This happens all the time in normal games between normal people and it is someone the Tribunal punishes for, but when it's a pro, it's fine.

That said, it is no different from any major 'real' sport. There are high profile players in any sport who act like complete tools because they think they are better. Mostly they ARE better and that's the argument here, that since they are better then most people in one specific area, they are allowed to act and treat others however they want. And people let them and in most cases can't really stop them, so it ends up being OK and even standard.

It's not right or fair but it is a good life lesson, unfortunately. Unless you are at the top of your field, you don't matter and will be treated like trash by the people that do matter.

As an aside, trash talking the OPPOSING team is an unsporting but tried-tested-and-true psychological tactic to give your team an advantage. Upset players make mistakes and can make up for a skill deficit on your team, and all it costs you is some typing (in LoL's case). There are lot of otherwise stupid people that understand this simple fact and use it to turn losses into wins at the expense of looking like a ******bag, which doesn't bother a lot of people anyways.

I really don't understand screaming at or insulting your own team, while it can help the player doing the screaming by letting them vent, it can harm the other members of your team just as much so I don't think it's worth it from a purely technical standpoint.

Kize

02-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by psymunn View Post
drunk oddone is a little over powered. just sayin
so is drunk chaox

Erakos

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-05-2012

I don't watch them for this reason... punks. This is a team game.. they need to stop being chumps and try to be constructive.

Organic

02-06-2012

OddOne seems to have lost his edge recently...but he doesn't rage as much as he used to.
As "emotional" as Regi may get, he's still a bro. He points out all of his mistakes, doesn't blame others for them, and takes them like a man.
I don't really watch Vicious.
I find HotShot's stream pretty boring now, but he has become a lot more calm while playing. (getting HJ under desk)