ELO Increase/decrease rate seems way off

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

InfernoX2222

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-13-2011

Am I the only one that thinks the ELO increase/decrease rate of ranked games is skewed, right now I am trying to dig myself out of ELO hell due to all of the uncooperative players and AFKers that plague the ladders. I am not complaining about why I am here or anything, I am just baffled that I can win a game and get +10 ELO and lose a game and get -15 ELO and my friend wins a game and get +8 ELO and loses and earns -20 ELO, something is broken about this system. It should be relatively even or you feel like you are fighting the current and you can never get ahead.

Also, something needs to be done about AFKers/leavers in ranked games, like loss forgiven or reduced ELO loss rate or something. It is to common that people leave games and I feel for any team that I am fighting that losses people.

To other posters, please be constructive with you opinions, I understand my W/L ratio isn't great and my ELO is low. I dont care, that is not what is being discussed here. I am trying to better my score and I dont want to make excuses I just feel the current system feels flawed.

If someone can clarify how the ELO system works and why these scores can be so off I would appreciate it.

Selcopa

12-13-2011

Yes, you are, and you are exaggerating

Once you get your placement games out of the way, you generally win/lose between 11 and 13 points per game, occassionally you'll get put in +/-6, ive never seen 15 after my placement games.

The system is not flawed, anyone who says it is, fails at the understanding of sample size.

Get better at the game, and you'll move up

InfernoX2222

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-14-2011

I guess the next time this happens I will take a screenshot. I know I got -15 due to 2 afk/leavers and he got -20 but maybe it is due to him being a higher ELO than me for the duo queue.

Please dont say get better at the game and you'll move up. That is completely unhelpful and in some/many cases completely wrong as well. I am not saying that I am a 1500+ player stuck at 800, but I know I am not an 800 player and I know that things like people locking champions who do not mesh with the team comp, terrible players who never listen, people who dont talk, afk/leavers pull you down in games far to often.

I will work my way up one day, if nothing else Season 3 will be a reset :\

Selcopa

12-14-2011

Higher ELO win losses occassionally happen, but ive got almost 500 games this season and i havent witnessed it.

Here's the thing, just because you are better than the 800 ELO players, does not mean you are that great. If you were at the skill level of a 1200 ELO player, you would be dominating so hard you would be out of that ELO so fast you wouldnt even have time to make a forum post about being stuck there.

Failgun

12-14-2011

That's not really true Selcopa, I just got done with a game where i was 17-1 early, and ending on a 22-7 when we lost. My team would not push in any way that made sense, they wouldnt listen to my advice, our malz would feed trying to kill one guy with 3 enemys near by, and we had a troll of a mummy that would afk/leave around every team fight. You can be as amazing as you want but you cant win a team game by yourself

SNSD

12-14-2011

Elo hell qq u just suck

Selcopa

12-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Failgun View Post
That's not really true Selcopa, I just got done with a game where i was 17-1 early, and ending on a 22-7 when we lost. My team would not push in any way that made sense, they wouldnt listen to my advice, our malz would feed trying to kill one guy with 3 enemys near by, and we had a troll of a mummy that would afk/leave around every team fight. You can be as amazing as you want but you cant win a team game by yourself
Because anecdotal evidence is the best evidence.

You died 6 times late game? Yeah something tells me you screwed up.

Sure not every game is going to be winnable, but if you are complaining about ELO hell, chances are, most of them are.

LupusAlbus

12-14-2011

The thing I hate the most is when you pull off a very difficult win 4v5 full game... and only get +12.

InfernoX2222

12-14-2011

Just to show I'm not bull****ting you, Selcopa. I just played this game and aside from not getting exhaust/flash like I wanted when the game was starting it was a pretty average Leona game for me.

Unfortunately, I chose to team fight when I thought we could win, and I walked away when I knew we would lose. Others on my team did not have the same idea and even when the entire enemy team was stunned/slowed they would stay in the middle and fight. We had atleast 4 prime opportunities to push and get 1 tower if not 2 down and of our 5 towers down minions got 2 and I tanked 2 with GP killing it and we both got out alive while my team ran around and did whatever they felt like.

This is an average low ELO game and this is why some people feel like they are in 'ELO hell.'

EDIT: Helps if I add the picture >.< http://i1121.photobucket.com/albums/l512/InfernoX2222/Leona16ELOlossNoNames.png