AP Mid Counterpicking According to the League of Stats

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bumbah

12-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by CryingSeagull View Post
Or, and this is just my opinion, she may win the lane against more APs, but she would ultimately cost the team the game due to her weak scaling.
This.
A 20 Stacked Mejas Leblanc doesn't add much value late game UNLESS she is played primary as a clean-up assassin. Meaning she hides until either team retreats/gets aced, and then she picks off some stragglers.

Jumbledcode

12-14-2011

Rumble and TF aren't that surprising. AP TF has extremely strong early laning, with powerful long-range harass and innate mana recovery. Rumble is all about sustain, and he can easily overwhelm champs who are unable to deal with constant pressure.

Stippy

12-14-2011

As a player who Mains Xerath, I think he is in some wierd spots on this list.

As above poster said, Cass gives him trouble early. Also Brand is a good counter for him.

However, Xerath hard counters the following if you are even the least bit decent.
-Kassadin (Yes I said it. More burst and better poke then Kass. Pre six Kass is litereally a joke)
-Ryze
-Annie

If i get one of those three matchups mid I grin

Nightdancer ND

12-14-2011

Heimerdinger is countered by Nunu

Bachelord

12-14-2011

Umm...., i the site has soraka as countered by karthus. I'd like to make known that the opposite is true. I guess the statistics may have alot of soraka vs karthus and soraka isn't enough to offset a karthus in a 5 v 5 game.

Please don't abide by that site nor this list. A dominant strong (probably sleeper OP) champ is gonna be misconstruded as a counter to alot of champs unexpectantly. The glaring example being Rumble.

Cenerae

12-14-2011

Guys, I'm pretty sure this list isn't saying who will beat who in the lane, but rather who has the better chance to win out over the course of the game.

When you're all talking about how Soraka beats a lot of AP in mid for example - yes, she does. However this doesn't necessarily extend to the late game. Leblanc beats most people in mid, but her presence is greatly diminished late game unless she's insanely fed. And so on and so forth.

Try to look at the whole picture rather than just the early game. That's what the list here is trying to show - win rates for champs vs certain champs, instead of a list of early game counters

Alright

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-07-2012

this guide is outdated, ryze counters kennen hard and i dont see ryze up there.

Vimous

04-07-2012

I would have thought that Nunu would have a lot more hard counters... considering he is melee.

ackshunpac

04-08-2012

That site doesn't track lane counters it takes data from the post-game recap. So it says like zilean counters kassadin that doesn't necessarily mean zilean counters kassadin in lane.

What it means is that TEAM COMPS with zilean have a higher winrate against TEAM COMPS with kassadin in them.

This is just an example, I've never play kass vs zilean in game it's hard to say who would win that one. But the data is based on end results of the whole game. Win game does not imply won lane...lol

Derelict Bane

06-03-2012

your list is full of **** you piece of trash!

I lost god knows how many games thanks to this list.

****ing scrub