Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Why so few Ashes in dom?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lokemon

12-13-2011

I play almost her only. And she kicks asses!
Opinions?

Ardailec

12-13-2011

She's kinda squishy and short on the mobility front. That can be a death sentance. I agree she's good on Dom with her global alt, but since I usually play bruisers she's mostly lunchmeat to me.

AAARRRRGGGGGHHHH

12-13-2011

Ezreal does most of the things she does but better.

The few things that Ashe does better, generally aren't very useful (Frost Shot won't stop Kassadin and LB from vomiting on you)

Necks

12-13-2011

Ashe on Summoner's Rift: " ^.^ Eehehe!!! I can perma slow and kite enemies around all day because I can just flash onto my 9000+ power level tower if I'm ever in danger!"

Ashe on Dominion: " =^.^= eeeeehehe!! I'ma slow you so you can't get to me and then"

Ashe: "...? Why is that Poppy running at me from the fog of war at 600 movement speed? How come I can't kite?? Where's my safety net tower I can derpaflash to?? OMG!!!!"

Announcer voice: You have just been shat on by Poppy.

Mindllapse

12-13-2011

ashe can do well but only if you play extremely safely

like, you know how when you play veigar or brand in dom? the distance you must keep from opposing team to account for their speed and gapclosers? well ashe has no short-cd stun like veigar/brand so you have to play that much more carefully

Darmival

12-13-2011

Quote:
Necks:
Ashe on Summoner's Rift: " ^.^ Eehehe!!! I can perma slow and kite enemies around all day because I can just flash onto my 9000+ power level tower if I'm ever in danger!"

Ashe on Dominion: " =^.^= eeeeehehe!! I'ma slow you so you can't get to me and then"

Ashe: "...? Why is that Poppy running at me from the fog of war at 600 movement speed? How come I can't kite?? Where's my safety net tower I can derpaflash to?? OMG!!!!"

Announcer voice: You have just been shat on by Poppy.

Rofl, this sums it up in a funny, yet true manner
Basically Ashe needs a permanent bodyguard on Dominion that has a snare or stun to allow her to have the needed time to dps/slow enemies.

Señor Pancho

12-13-2011

I was gonna say that ashe is probably the best AD carry for the initial windmill fight, but then I remembered how ridiculously long the CD on volley is at level 2.

nope, she's bad.

sure, you can own with her a few games... but vayne would have been better.

FDru

12-13-2011

Map too small. Far to easy to get an advantageous position against her. There's no long lanes for her to kite you down, you can always just go around. Rather annoying in an organized team, but I'm a lot more scared of Vayne or Graves with their burst and dashes.

Argodis

12-13-2011

90% of the people who play AD carries on Dominion don't know how to build them properly.

Ashe NEEDS a good build to do damage. You can't build bad like you can on Vayne and still do good.

That and she needs someone to protect/support her. Tanky DPS just plow right through her.

Her early game is so bad that she can't bot so she must go Windmill and will be nothing more but a slow/arrow bot until she gets IE.

However, she is still a good counter to tanky dps that don't have real gap closers like Shyvana, Volibear, Riven(To an extent), and Udyr.

Kuznets

12-13-2011

ashe has no natural escape that means:
You should be ready to face le blanc and ap poppy so you'd better have about 100mr at least
You should be ready to face talon so you'd better have some hp and minimum 100 armor.
How much gold left for offensive items? Not so much.
You have absolutely no bonuses for your autoattacks(except 1st crit) and only one skill - voley.
not viable, sorry.
And slow+stun arrow not gonna change it.
(Only 44.83% win% as ashe among the community)