How do you become "Pro"?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Snovalo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-09-2010

Seriously, I'm unsure, because I'm sure theres plenty of people who have enough skill at this game to be called pro, mainly because the skill cap is so low, yet i hear people talk about the "best" of a certain champion, and i find it funny because if another person had a used the same build, many people would come out with similar results, or possibly even better, as the skill cap is so low, and you its not like you have to learn a bunch of things like in starcraft, and have 300+ apm, all i have to do is press 6 letters, and have a premade, and have us all have some moderate skill at video games, and i can see us challenging "pros".

Im just wondering how pro's are established in this game when the skill cap seems so low.

ZenithZephyr

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-09-2010

Make money. If you do not, you are not a professional.

Nid

07-09-2010

skill cap is low, knowledge cap is not so low

MindGamez

07-09-2010

Pros don't have to be good.

They just have to play in tournaments for prizes/cash.

They're just assumed to have reached a high level of skill because of the level of competition they have to play.

TamOcello

07-09-2010

Have an attitude that allows you to both win and lose respectfully.

Cowsep

07-09-2010

To become "Pro" at this game you must play one Champion consistently, play in full pre-mades, get recognized by the community, build up on that recognition, then do whatever you want and you will forever be a pro as long as you remain active enough for people to see your name every few days.

Duck King

07-09-2010

Get a meta-view of the game.

FoxieVixen

07-09-2010

Strategy, and knowing how to utilize everything in the game better then everyone else.
I did a 2v5 once.
Aced their team due to a interesting strategy. :P

MindGamez

07-09-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cognate View Post
To become "Pro" at this game you must play one Champion consistently, play in full pre-mades, get recognized by the community, build up on that recognition, then do whatever you want and you will forever be a pro as long as you remain active enough for people to see your name every few days.
So you can basically play mediocre and still be a pro as long as you meet the above criteria

Snovalo

07-09-2010

I see, I have interests in becoming Pro at some type of game, and LoL seems the easiest by far, so maybe i will pursue it, maybe i wont.

I doubt i could become pro by being a kennen/malzahar main, i think i would have to switch to more hax champions, which is sad, but i also see the meta game being very low compared to a lot of other games as well.

anyone know where you can participate in tournaments?