Runes for Akali ?. Help!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Guelmi

07-08-2010

Hi, recently i made a thread asking betwenn wich hero should i buy, i opted for akali and not for nidalee...
I have played 54 games with her, 30 wins - 24 looses.

Now that im getting closer to lvl 20 (atm 15), i have saved arround 7500 ip.

I HAVE NEVER EVER BOUGH RUNES, and i would like to know wich kind of runes should i buy for her, and also need some help with heroes that would be able to take advantage of those runes too.
( I WILL SPEND ALL THE IP ON T3 Runes)

EDIT: I'm aiming to save all the ip i can till i get lvl 20 (arround 10k ip i guess).

Thank you

LinedBlood

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-08-2010

http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-le...-kill-who-2139
Just follow this guide. (Not made by me)

SethAnub1s

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-08-2010

I('d) personally run:

Marks - Magic Pen. - Standard, since all your burst is magic.
Seals - Dodge - Gives you some extra survivability, maybe HP per Level /preference.
Glyphs - Flat Cooldown Reduction - Just so you can spam your already spammable skills.
Quints - Movement Speed - Find it useful for escaping since Akali isn't that great an escape artist.

Helfeather

Recruiter

07-09-2010

I used to play Akali a lot. 20 wins, 13 losses, 23 games total. 370 kills, 135 deaths, 173 assists.

I was going to main Akali more, but I like to poke my head around to other champions too. If I stuck with Akali all the time, this was the build I was GOING to get for her, but didn't. So I can't say how well it works, personally.

Marks - Magic Penetration
Seals - Dodge
Glyphs - Flat Cooldown Reduction
Quints - Dodge or Magic Penetration

I just read the above poster and he has the same thing except Quint choices. Lol.

Common0324

07-09-2010

Huh, I'm amazed at these rune choices.

How can no one bring up the fact that if you get a flat damage quint, spec masteries correctly, you can start game with a doran's blade and get your passive buff allowing you to jungle.

Runes are not overly important to any champs but with this specific case one damage quint can be very good for the champ.

For others, yes magic pen, dodge, cool down, and maybe health quints outside of the damage. Or dodge, or move speed. All these are good but come on people. If you play Akali hopefully you know she jungles very well using one damage quint.

Helfeather

Recruiter

07-09-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Common0324 View Post
Huh, I'm amazed at these rune choices.

How can no one bring up the fact that if you get a flat damage quint, spec masteries correctly, you can start game with a doran's blade and get your passive buff allowing you to jungle.
I've never tried jungle Akali myself, so I don't want to mention it. I'm usually a mid Akali when I play with friends. Rarely do I solo queue with her.

Common0324

07-09-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helfeather View Post
I've never tried jungle Akali myself, so I don't want to mention it. I'm usually a mid Akali when I play with friends. Rarely do I solo queue with her.
Yeah you can't really solo queue her because the team comp will most likely fail. You need a good team to help you carry. But if you a competent enough team to handle two solo lanes, jungling her gives you a big advantage. Plus, with her ult, she is a very good chaser/ganker. Ult in from the side, unleash your spells, another flash and ignite and they're pretty much dead no matter what. Especially with the level advantage.

Wuumaster

07-09-2010

I've been playing Akali alot lately. Haven't completed my own rune page yet, but here's some recommendations, including what I'm building towards.

Option 1
Marks - Magic Penetration
Seals - Dodge
Glyphs - Flat Magic Resistance
Quints - 1 AD, 2 Flat Health.

The AD quint, when combined with the Brute Force Offense Mastery and choosing a Doran's Blade as your starting item lets you being the game with a little more than 10% Spell Vamp, which lets you lane a little easier.

If you arn't a fan of the 'Blade, or you don't care too much for the early Spell Vamp, or you just don't want to spend that many points in Offense, replacing that Quint with another Flat Health isn't a bad idea. Alternatively, there's a method of starting the game with the Spell Vamp passive that doesn't require the 'Blade, but I think you need all three quints as AD and an AD Mark, plus Brute Force mastery to get it. On one hand, you can start with an Amp Tome and get a jump on building a Rylai's/Mejai's (or just grab boots and save for a Rageblade), but you also lose out on ~60 Health at level 1.

Flat CDR glyphs are a decent choice as well, although the Energy System kinda limits the benefit of CDR itself (you'll be able to spam Mark of the Assassin more, but you'll have to watch how you use Crescent Slash against enemy Champions).

Edit - Point of Advice. Akali in the lane is a bit of a win-more Champion, in that if your lane partener is a good Harasser, Akali can really add a bunch more damage to it, but if your partner sucks at harassing, then you might be in for a rough time. Jungling is another solution, but you have to be confident that your team's composition can handle a 2v1 lane.

TKana

07-09-2010

Im using:

Red Magic Pen
Yellow Energy/lvl @ 18
Blue Cooldown Reux
1 Dmg Quint
2 Flat HP Quints

Works for me 33 or so wins, 21 or so losses.

EDIT : I wouldnt follow that Mobafire guide btw, its pretty bad. No survivability at all :/

Guelmi

07-09-2010

Ok, so far i have decided to go

Red : Magic pen x9
Yellow : Dodge (Flat dodge no?) or Energy/lvl
blue: CD Flat
Quint : 1DMG , 2FLAT HP Quints

Could someone tell me , how many ip would that be ?.