The Riot War - Out of Character (OOC) Discussion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sebastianthefrog

01-07-2012

Oh, and I wouldn't mind him to be in a position of relative power... That's something that I'm sad I didn't do with Sebastian in the early days of the riot war... Arch demon of insanity much? And what piece of demon lore do you plan on following? dictionare infernal? Homm? Christian?

Edit: oh wow, speedy response. Thanks, I'll look it up. Definitely going for an Alice in wonderland motif tho.

Phalonax

01-07-2012

For the record, the demons are just demons. No religion is involved.

Eclipse Apostle

01-07-2012

I support Phalon's idea whole-heartedly. A demon version of the Warden would be interesting indeed.

Phalonax

01-07-2012

So who's in charge of the sub-RP, anyway?

Wolfie Night

01-07-2012

@Felix-Hello new person, welcome! Thanks for the demon hierarchy and the list of sins.
@Phalon- Well I wasn't thinking that there should be a rank like those of lower class take orders from higher classes as if they were all in one faction, more like each "rank" is a gauge of power. kind of like the anime yu yu hakusho.

http://yuyuhakusho.wikia.com/wiki/Spirit_Classes

as far as what I mean by rules, I mean are there any rules governing the demons, or is it a free for all?

Aside from that last question, that was quite informative and I am now quite excited for the possibility of a demon werewolf :-D

Phalonax

01-07-2012

The class thing I'm not too sure about.
For the ruling, I imagine this going one of 4 ways.
- Everyone is ruled by an iron fist with the more powerful gaining status and respect amongst the weak.
- Demons are sensible enough to know what democracy is.
- Complete anarchy with everyone respecting one godly leader.
- All factions continue to work under the governments like the ones in the RP world.

By the way, I can see an epic battle happening between your counterpart and mine. I won't say what my counterpart is, but I can see a battle happening.

Wolfie Night

01-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phalonax View Post
- Everyone is ruled by an iron fist with the more powerful gaining status and respect amongst the weak.
- All factions continue to work under the governments like the ones in the RP world.

By the way, I can see an epic battle happening between your counterpart and mine. I won't say what my counterpart is, but I can see a battle happening.
Bring it *Wicked smile of battle appreciation*

Epicn00b

01-07-2012

.......................I was kidding about noobitis. It was a joke, no really.

On a side note, about anybody "taking over" the RP, I'm not going to vote for EITHER canidate, and I'll vote for myself (which doesn't mean anything).

I'll just list all strengths/weaknesses IN MY OPINION of each "canidate"
BTW: anything in italics is something that I BELIEVE everyone likes about him;
underlined is things I HATE about him
Bold is things that are really my opinion (as if EVERYTHING here shouldn't be bolded already)
Valk strengths
-has a character who is already in control in an army (IronStylus, grand Marshall)
-most posts have moved the story one way or the other
-killed "Epicn00b" via godmoding
-really long posts
-lots of supporters
Valk weaknesses
-apparently has IRL obligations
-he is pure ISC biased; he could alter the plot at any time to give the ISC (himself mostly) an insane advantage (Gundams vs. LoL minions = minion slaughter)
-godmoder
-Jerk
-Likely end story result: ISC wins, enemies wiped out

Mysk strengths
-Not a jerk
-posts aren't as crazy as where "the enemy is numerous and strong physically, but we have LAZORZ!"
-posts involve filling holes that really isn't necessary most of the time
-only active player on NMR side as far as I know
-has yet to godmode
Mysk weaknessess
-hasn't really moved the plot in his posts in any particular way
-Has yet to kill Epicn00b (though it would require godmoding)
-posts are "lackluster" (they aren't as exciting as Epicn00bs....I mean Valk's)
-ATM is filling more holes that don't need filling

Epicn00b

01-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phalonax View Post

Or make up whatever the **** you want. BTW: Voidlings are more like LoL equivilants of demons.

Jaykoboy

01-07-2012

I...I'm sorry to say this, but I actually think that if anyone should be taking over from Saga, it should be Epicn00b. Cue downvotes.

But my reasoning is simple: He's completely unbiased, although he doesn't really like Valkyrie. But, if they made up, then he really WOULD be entirely unbiased! Bias is bad for a writer. Of course, they should show bias in favor of the protagonists, but if in this RP, someone was biased against a certain group (Like the Imperium Alliance, however many people are in that, don't like the NMR or AfA) and they had the power and permission to godmode the heck out of everything...well, there'd be no more storyline, just a lot of dead people.

But, then again, Epicn00b isn't the best choice because...well...he's not a great writer. I think we should invite a third party into this if we choose another person so that they have no bias and they can still write.

I'll ask around, see who I can knock out of the bushes.

Oh, and hi, Felix! Nice to see you.