What happens next?

[NMR] Gather the forces in a central location to begin plotting. 3 9.38%
[NMR] Begin the search for our leader, Morello! We need him! 7 21.88%
[NMR] The AfA and IsC are battling. Attack them both while they are weak! 11 34.38%
[IsC] Fall back to Parrotopia. It is easier to defend there. 16 50.00%
[IsC] We will fight to our last man. The AfA falls here! 8 25.00%
[IsC] Counter-attack the AfA. Send the fleet to the Black Keep! 7 21.88%
[The Knights Who Drink Tea] Send tea-filled troops to help the Brotherhood. 7 21.88%
[The Knights Who Drink Tea] Send tea-filled troops to help the IsC. 14 43.75%
[AfA] Withdraw the army from the Brotherhood lands. Send them to Parrotopia! 4 12.50%
[AfA] Call the troops back from the Brotherhood lands. We need their help against the IsC! 6 18.75%
[AfA] Send the troops left in the Black Keep to attack both Parrotopia and the bears! 8 25.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

[Community Event] The Riot War - Chapter 8 - The Journey to Mt. McHuge Large

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sagarys

12-19-2011

Sagarys - The Rogue Scribe

Sagarys watched as Sleiphner's mind fell into the future. He could only imagine what horrors were unfolding before the gentleman. Sagarys decided then that he had no desire to possess the top. Knowing the future was a burden he dared not bear. When Sleiphner returned from his mind's journey, he attempted to hand the top back to Sagarys, but the scribe refused, raising a hand and shaking his head.

"Please," Sagarys said, his voice heavy with sarcasm, "keep it. I don't want to ruin the ending for myself."

Sagarys then listened as Sleiphner and the werewolf, Night, exchanged words over the philosophy of altering time. Again, the scribe decided he wanted nothing to do with the subject. Considering what was to come, his hand moved instinctively to his blade. He smiled as he felt the cold contours of the pommel in his palm.

Sagarys was a bit more traditional when it came to changing the future.

Wolfie Night

12-19-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleiphner View Post
Sleiphner the Foreseeing of the Knights Who Drink Tea Tea! Tea! Tea!

After snapping back to reality from what he'd seen, Sleiphner addressed Night:

"I apologize, I was drawn in by something in the vision. But, you see, it's not a matter of attempting to adjust for it. We have another item that will allow for us to "destroy the future" we saw, but that would appear the only way to actually change it. It is also not beneficial for all of us to know what may happen, or what is going to happen, as we then may adjust and fall into the trap I mentioned earlier of an inevitable fate. We must let time take its course and need only prepare for it. Let's just hope we're all ready. Plus, the capability to destroy the future is a one time deal. With the top, we can foresee at least a few times, but we must be careful in who we trust with it."

Sleiphner sunk heavy into his thoughts, maintaining his same composure, but knowing he was to tell a grave lie.

"You needn't worry either on much, we're all going to make it back alive. Of that, I promise you. We just need to execute everything as best we can, and hope that all things go smoothly. The Dark Lord doesn't stand a chance."
Alpha Night, the Philosophical Werewolf

“I see. I was not aware of the other item,” said Night, “As far as trying to thwart one’s foretold future only to have reached that future as a result of trying to thwart it in the first place, that could only happen if the events of the future are immovable and set in stone. Which brings to question, are we mindless pawns at the hands of fate? Or do our actions constantly change the future, making the visions of the future only a possibility of many? You have made clear that you are a believer of fate. However, how do we know what rules really governs our world? I digress however; I am sure that taking extra precautions would not hurt.”

Having finished her philosophical dialogue, Night pondered the future. According to Sleiphner, they would all make it out alive, even going as far as saying the dark lord was finished. However, while such words were comforting, Sleiphner’s body language said otherwise. While outwardly there were no signs of distress from Sleiphner, the lack of positive body language that would be expected of such a happy prognosis was not present either. As such, Night could deduce that not everything was as Sleiphner said. As to what Sleiphner was hiding, Night did not know. Taking a SWAG (Scientific Wild A** Guess), it probably concerned the mortality rate of the expedition. Who was to say, however? Even if Night could ask Sleiphner, which she could not as she did not want to dishearten or discredit Sleiphner’s last sentence, Night did not want to know what he had seen in regards to who shall live. She would rather not know and try her hardest to protect her companions, without also having to battling the certainty of their demise. Glancing at Chorr, Night reconfirmed her decision. The entire time he had remained silent but highly attentive of the conversation. Prior to Sleiphner’s words of encouragement, Chorr’s body language told Night that he was tense. After Sleiphner’s words, Chorr seemed to have relaxed a bit, comforted by the supposed knowledge of everyone’s survival. While Chorr undoubtedly perceived Sleiphner’s lack of responses, Chorr did not have the experience necessary to discern the falsity behind Sleiphner’s last statement.

Phalonax

12-19-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleiphner View Post
"You needn't worry either on much, we're all going to make it back alive. Of that, I promise you. We just need to execute everything as best we can, and hope that all things go smoothly. The Dark Lord doesn't stand a chance."
Phalonax 'Phalon'Valeion, Vladimist Blood Reaper and Iron Solari Assa...ssin...

The gentleman had sounded as if this mission was going to go as planned so long as nothing gets in the way.

However, Phalon sensed something between the line. She figured what Sleiphner had seen did not match what he had said. As curious as she was, Phalon decided to stay back and keep silent.

We might make it back, we might not. All I can do is look for the best and do what I must...

Soupcup

12-19-2011

Ambearsador Soupcup - Leader of the Brotherhood of the Armored Bear - Philosophical Conversations.

Soupcup quietly listened in at each other's words, and closely thought about everyone. He noticed the sarcasm in Sagarys' voice as he declined the top back from Sleiphner, the determination yet lack of body language from him as well. Night also spoke confidently, yet looked at her young colleague as if she were worried, or just wanted to be that shield. Phalonax also seemed to be to herself in the situation, though she was determined to live just as everyone else was. Slowly intertwining his fingers together, and leaning forward, he said in a deep voice with confidence out to everyone, as if to reassure everyone that things will go well,

"The cycle of life and death continues. We will live, they will die."

PinkRambo

12-19-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by xMsyk View Post
New Morello Republic Xandar, on the Nerf Star

“And this is why you should use wood weapons when sparring your allies. Some people get lost in the fighting lust.”

But fortunately for everyone, no actual injuries ensued. Both fighters backed up, and as Xandar approached the group, he recognised the sword user to be his newly hired cocky mercenary Salvatore. Looking deep into his eyes, he could clearly see that the bait worked perfectly. He was under the Republic’s service for good. Xandar deposited his huge claymore and his clothing on the deck and began applauding.

“Not a bad display of skill from both of you. I have a though mission for the finest of us. Think that any of you have what it takes? Pass me a sword if so and prove it. Any of you.”
Salvatore's breathing slowed and he gave a grind at Demetri. "Gladly. Your brother is good, and I'l like to train against him more." Salv said as they all heard the clapping. It was Xandar, the leader of this crew as far as Salvatore could tell. Giving a viscous laugh, he spreads his arms wide and grins as Xandar. But before Salvatore could speak up, Demetri held up his hand. "I'll be your first opponent." It was then that Slavatore saw the strategy between him and Alexov. Demetri went first, presumably loosing and then Alexov stepping in as the next contestant with knowledge of his opponent from just watching.

Salvatore smirked softly, and put his hand on Demetri's shoulder. "No, since the last match was my victory, and he's a new challenger, this is mine. All mine." He said with a smirk, keeping his hold on Demetri's sword. He truly did not care if Xandar used that Claymore of his, or if he used another of the swords that the men had. Salvatore was so sure of his skills, and so sure of his strength that he figured that he could beat this man without a second thought to it. But that Claymore was something that he did not want to fight against, just because of the sheer size of the thing. He had faith that HIS sword could hold up to it, but he wasn't sure for how long. And really, he wasn't that suicidal. He really wasn't. Plus his sword was his life. Without his sword, he was completely ****ed. Salvatore was alright with a bow, but he was much better off as the assassin/mercenary melee he was.

The Muscle Cop

12-19-2011

Then he ate oranges and then was k.