what types of rune pages do you build?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DarkenDragon

10-05-2009

I know most people will build their masteries and rune books according to a specific champion to max out his potential. but for myself I enjoy playing a random champion each game just because thats how I am, I like to have a different play style each time

because of this I try to make my masteries something thats good for any champion and im trying to make my runes the same way

so far i've made one page to have 11% cooldown reduction by lvl 18 (cuz I tend to be in games where it goes that long) and magic pen and ability power. the reason I only get 11% is because I have 9% from masteries and even though getting the frozen heart will put me over the cap by 5% im thinking for the heros who could use this rune but would rather use nashor's tooth and still be capped. so this rune page would be for heroes who benifit from the cool down reduction

then I created a full crit chance/damage page where it was nothing but crits. was able to get to 15% crit chance and I think 10% crit damage. not sure about those numbers. this would be for the physical attackers who benifit the most with crits such as warrick and master yi (works wonders from my games so far)

and the last one I was hoping to make for a tank, I put as much armor on it as possible with magic resistance, this one hasnt been too useful in games from my experience, just not enough to make a difference, any ideas on what kinda rune page I should make that would be good for most tanks?

keep in mind that I try to use runes that scale over time, which is why I went armor since it converts it into a percentage damage reduction, I was thinking of getting health and health regen, but the amount you can obtain with it is quite small and in the end game you can pretty much ignore it cuz of how little it is.

what are your thoughts?

MrGrimm999

The Council

10-05-2009

I basically have a similar setup. I just account for the 3 basic types of heros in LoL. Physical, ability power based, and tanks. I tailor my 3 rune books to this end. For my physical damage dealers, I have crit chance and crit damage, basically what you have, I have 14% crit chance and 15% crit damage. For my ability power based heros I have all ability power and magic penetration. Something like 33 ability power and 7.5 magic penetration. Lastly for my tank build I have all armor and magic resist with a little more focus on magic resist, for a total of 32 armor and 34 magic resist. For my mastery trees I put some in utility and the rest in offense as I like to try to get hero kills. This has been working out very nicely for me as I don't have to constantly change my books to tailor them to each specific hero.

DarkenDragon

10-06-2009

I built a rune page of pure armor but when playing with it, didnt seem to do much because the amount of armor I could obtain through this ended up being so little that it didnt feel to did anything,

I switched my tank build to be pure health regen in yellow and red and blue was all magic resistance, this seemed to work a little better but still not as satisfying as my crit and cooldown reduction builds.

Goldenpineapple

10-06-2009

AP runes don't give enough to use over spell pen, IMO.

I either quint/yellow health, blue cooldowns and red crit damage or

Quint/blue spell pen, health yellow/red.

Rudeboymike

10-06-2009

All of my rune pages:

Blue: Static CD Reduction (comes out to be 6%)
Yellow: HP/18 (HP stacking is pretty OP now)
Red: Armor Pen HP/18 (Depends on which character, Armor Pen for melee, HP/18 everything else)
Quints: Static HP, Run Speed, or Armor Pen

Now i tend to switch out a set of runes for special champs. Mana Regen in Blues for Sion for example. Static Armor Pen/Crit in yellow for Yi or whatever. Ability Power/18 in Yellow for Veigar. Magic Pen in Blue for either Veigar or Fiddle.

Rudeboymike

10-06-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldenpineapple View Post
AP runes don't give enough to use over spell pen, IMO.
Its not just your opinion.. its fact. But are there yellow magic pen runes?

Hamburglin

10-06-2009

i made an hp/mp regen and my mp regen is around 10/5 which is great for early game skill spamming, health was around the same. For the 3 main runes on that page i got 4.5% run speed combined with the masteries is 7.5%, pretty nice running faster than everyone else.

I want to make a crit b ook next for offense but i'm too lazy.

Drackus

10-06-2009

I basically have all AP @ 18 (78)
10%crit and 26% crit damage
and 395 health

Husbane

10-06-2009

I mostly run my 11% CDR / 5hp/p5 page, that with 9% CDR from Masteries is bamf on most Champions.