Jungle Fizz?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Boricuajj

12-11-2011

I remember before Fizz was released, everyone was talking about how he would be a great jungler, but it turns out he wasn't.

Tomorrow I'm going to try to play a few matches as jungle Fizz just to see how it works out. Any recommendations+tips? I know that cloth+5 doesn't really build into anything for AP fizz, and I'm not quite sure if anything else would work for him.

What item(s) would I start with?

Slavo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

12-12-2011

My jungle on fizz =
start - boots 3 hp pots
Big Wolf ->Blue->wolfs->Ghosts->Golem->Recall/Doran Ring->Red->gank or Ghosts

i played that 3-5 games and its okay but better fizz is on top/mid

HerpDerpNerpYerp

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-12-2011

I run Fizz exclusively in the jungle, he might not be the best jungler but I really like playing him there. The downside to Fizz is for max performance you need to smite the enemy first and then attack, this way you take advantage of dealing extra max damage based on lost HP. You do lose some element of control that way though. I do cloth armor and 5 pots and build madred's razor, some people skip it, I like it. After that build boots, then Nashor's tooth, (finish Ionian boots of lucidity after you build stinger on the way to tooth) then lich bane. The game is usually near over by then but if you're really rolling you can go malady/deathcap/guardian angel/ whatever you want really. I like malady best but it's pretty flexible at this point.

This is not at all the standard Fizz build but I did a ton of testing since he came out and his standard bursty build does not jungle nearly as well as this build. This build focuses on keeping your DOT up almost full time with CDR and getting it applied a lot to the enemy with attack speed. Your damage will be comparable to the bursty mode except your shark will not do nearly as much damage. On the other hand it comes off cooldown very quickly meaning you can use it as a super slow and pop up for every lane gank.

Nashor's Tooth is considered a bit of a noob-trap or a Kayle only item but it really is the perfect item for the Fizz jungle. You might get some grief for this build, just ignore it. You're a lean mean jungle killing machine who ganks like a pro.

EDIT: To be clear the reason for the attack speed is that Fizz deals extra damage based on missing health with each attack of seastone trident. The DOT gets refreshed but the missing health percentage is an on-hit effect. More strikes means you get this more often.

TheOneMillion

12-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewid View Post
EDIT: To be clear the reason for the attack speed is that Fizz deals extra damage based on missing health with each attack of seastone trident. The DOT gets refreshed but the missing health percentage is an on-hit effect. More strikes means you get this more often.
This is wrong. The damage based on % missing health is dealt over time, and auto updates based on their missing health, not when its applied.

HerpDerpNerpYerp

12-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOneMillion View Post
This is wrong. The damage based on % missing health is dealt over time, and auto updates based on their missing health, not when its applied.
Yep, you're right. The initial magic damage is applied on hit though, the dot is reset.