Why all the ap shacos?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Stimuz

12-19-2011

AP shaco hard+good, AD shaco joke easy+good. I know which I'd rather have on my team. I suck ass with melee due to playing pure AP champs for 600+ games yet I can rape face with AD shaco cause hes so hilariously easy. AP shaco has trouble vs bruiser heavy teams, AD shaco don't give a ****.

dredzach

12-19-2011

I only play draft dominion, wins about 210, losses about 180.

#1 shaco is banned or picked every game
#2 no one ever plays him ad
#3 shaco is good in dominion due to his amazing boxes and to a lesser degree his clone bomb. What makes those amazing boxes better? CDR and AP.

Boxes kill squishies, soften tankies, slow reinforcements, fear everyone in a fight big or small, and you don't have to be there while they do their work! You don't plant boxes all on one spot and hope for the best. You place them everywhere, making a stinging slowing annoying quagmire everywhere the enemy goes, revealing their movements even while hindering them. Not to mention placing them on and around a point you are defending. Wading through layers of shaco boxes one fear at a time is an exercise in futility. Shaco is the best windmill defender there is because of this. You can't ignore the damage and you certainly can't do anything until the fear wears off. AP Shaco can interrupt you all day long while slowly dropping your health into kill range. Shiving and boxing all day and if the fears and slows wear off he can always pop ult and deceive away. It's broken as hell. Not to mention how much it helps your teammates if they are there. AP Shaco is awesome. I don't know why anyone would go AD on dominion. Didn't anyone tell you dominion is not about kills. It's about map control. AP shaco has map control far above what an AD shaco does. Neither shaco is unstoppable but the effort required to dig him out of a turret is just excessive. The suggestion of buying oracles on a ranged AD squishy is cute. I mean, it helps to see what he's doing, but the champs that have the range to use oracles can't take too many shivs in the back from an AP shaco before dying. Finally, stay out of jungle??? You can't win like that buddy. If you have to buy an oracle every time you die or stay out of jungle you lost already. This is why AP shaco is king and AD shaco is just a Talon with no silence.

Epiphanyinc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-19-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by dredzach View Post
I only play draft dominion, wins about 210, losses about 180.

#1 shaco is banned or picked every game
#2 no one ever plays him ad
#3 shaco is good in dominion due to his amazing boxes and to a lesser degree his clone bomb. What makes those amazing boxes better? CDR and AP.

Boxes kill squishies, soften tankies, slow reinforcements, fear everyone in a fight big or small, and you don't have to be there while they do their work! You don't plant boxes all on one spot and hope for the best. You place them everywhere, making a stinging slowing annoying quagmire everywhere the enemy goes, revealing their movements even while hindering them. Not to mention placing them on and around a point you are defending. Wading through layers of shaco boxes one fear at a time is an exercise in futility. Shaco is the best windmill defender there is because of this. You can't ignore the damage and you certainly can't do anything until the fear wears off. AP Shaco can interrupt you all day long while slowly dropping your health into kill range. Shiving and boxing all day and if the fears and slows wear off he can always pop ult and deceive away. It's broken as hell. Not to mention how much it helps your teammates if they are there. AP Shaco is awesome. I don't know why anyone would go AD on dominion. Didn't anyone tell you dominion is not about kills. It's about map control. AP shaco has map control far above what an AD shaco does. Neither shaco is unstoppable but the effort required to dig him out of a turret is just excessive. The suggestion of buying oracles on a ranged AD squishy is cute. I mean, it helps to see what he's doing, but the champs that have the range to use oracles can't take too many shivs in the back from an AP shaco before dying. Finally, stay out of jungle??? You can't win like that buddy. If you have to buy an oracle every time you die or stay out of jungle you lost already. This is why AP shaco is king and AD shaco is just a Talon with no silence.
Your theories sound intelligent but in play not very. Your supposed strategy mostly only works against a team full of randoms who have no clue what they are doing. They both have their uses, and are both capable of putting out about the same damage

brossef

12-19-2011

they both deal pretty much the smae damage, ad can 3 shot you and so can ap with deathfire autocrit and shiv, if u hit it from the back (pun intended)
the thing with apthough is you can deal a truck load of damage without having to enter melee range that much, but ad shaco has to be in melee range. and he is really squishy, so if you jump into 2 poeple u will probly die, ad shaco wrecks 1v1 but in teamfights hes easier to kill than ap because all ap has to do is send ult in and stand back throwing boxes and shivs out dealing tons of damage and use q to get out.

dredzach

12-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epiphanyinc View Post
Your theories sound intelligent but in play not very. Your supposed strategy mostly only works against a team full of randoms who have no clue what they are doing. They both have their uses, and are both capable of putting out about the same damage
No. The strategy works against anyone and my argument assumes both teams are of equal skill. You seem to be assuming I am gonna just be solo Shaco with dead teammates and hold off a premade. If you give them a premade then I also get a premade to work with. What do you think, the enemy is gonna magically become invulnerable to the effect of boxes? Even if they can see the boxes, having to kill or avoid those boxes hinders their assault. It also prevents tanks from initiating. I can also just drop a brand new box on them. All this while my team is fighting them. It's so easy.