Why all the ap shacos?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GrignardTS

12-12-2011

The only people who say AD is useless over AP are in low ELO.

AP is for pub stomping.

AD takes finesse.

Darmival

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noitcurtsed View Post
AD takes finesse.
Not exactly. He is an assassin-type that is outclassed by other assassins.

GrignardTS

12-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darmival View Post
Not exactly. He is an assassin-type that is outclassed by other assassins.
Please...tell me how he is outclassed.

Darmival

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noitcurtsed View Post
Please...tell me how he is outclassed.
in simple terms? there are better assassins ( akali, talon, kassadin, vayne for starters .. could even lump Lee Sin and Nocturne in as better )

GrignardTS

12-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darmival View Post
in simple terms
In simple terms, I strongly disagree.

Epiphanyinc

12-12-2011

Its alright I have a video currently editing, it was a average performance 9/2/11, could have spent more time capping but I wanted to make sure yi didn't lose bottom for us like he almost did. At least our Kassadin was on fire! If I wasnt recording I would have been watching his gameplay O_O

(I'm going to have to do another video soon. These enemies went to fight people other than me too often so I didn't get to use all my moves on them :\. My timing on some of my skills was a bit off, not used to playing while recording quite yet. But meh who knows)

Squidget

12-12-2011

I haven't been afraid of an AP Shaco in a while. It's not that the boxes can't be useful if placed well, but he's not a good enough defender to be worth losing every teamfight for free.

Shaco in general is a little overrated in Dominion, but I'd much rather have an AD Shaco on my team. Killing someone with a box nestis hilarious and all, but in the end you can't win a lot of fights when one of your characters has a single nuke on a fairly long cooldown.

GrignardTS

12-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squidget View Post
Shaco in general is a little overrated in Dominion
Slightly.

But he brings near the map awareness of Teemo with an assassin kit.

Its very strong.

Epiphanyinc

12-12-2011

I don't think my problem is "Ap Shaco" so much as how cowardly most of the people that play him that way are.

Edit: Editing on hold friend wants to duo queue another match, could be two Shaco videos coming along here.

Edit 2: Nevermind Trollotank and Horrid Ezreal really didn't want to win that match -_- Roaming Xin Zhao in dominion also does not work out very well :\

Wensha

12-12-2011

In a nutshell, AD shaco is sitautionally useful, whereas AP shaco is always useful.

AD Shaco is fantastic at killing squishies with no escapes, and is poor against tanky DPS and champs who do have escapes. He is a poor tanky DPS (I've tried, oh how i've tried to make it work), so you build him as a bursty, fragile melee carry (some combintion of IE/Triforce/other carry items). The big problem with that is, well, hes a melee that needs to use his escape to start the fight.

Great at killing people like malz, cassi, heimer, ashe, MF etc, but not so hot against some popular picks (rammus, yorick, Ez, Ryze, kass, Xin etc).