Windowed Fullscreen

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rawrkurr

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-08-2010

I know this is probably the 1000th+ topic about this idea, but I feel it really should be implemented into the game, in place of the Windowed mode that has little to be desired.

A few small benefits that the community would gain from this would be:

Being able to switch applications during any downtime (like dying) or during that load screen that just seems to take forever because someone has 999 latency

People who accidently Alt+Tab dont have to sit through 5 minutes of a black screen when playing in fullscreen

The list could go on.

Also, HoN has it, LoL should too.

Zoltu

07-09-2010

Many big name games these days have full screen windowed mode and I sorely wish LoL did as well. I won't play a game without windowed mode because I use my computer for many things besides just playing games and the inability to quickly switch between programs kills gaming for me. LoL does have windowed mode, so I do play with it but it's annoying having the border when other games (L4D, TF2, WoW, etc.) all have a borderless full screen windowed mode which gives me all the benefits of windowed mode and the benefits of full screen. In fact, I don't know why any game does traditional fullscreen anymore.

RiotWarty

07-09-2010

Wrote a simple program just now to do this...
Proof: http://img697.imageshack.us/f/windowedlol.jpg/

It's a one way thing though, unless you cache the style of the old LoL window somewhere...

NOte that the FPS gets dropped when windows are over and LoL isnt focused. I went from 90->17

Probably wont post source/executable until someone assures me mods don't banhammer for things like this =/ [Thought it would be okay since people have done mods and such... sorry if it isnt]

Zoltu

07-10-2010

Can you post the source to a public repository like Google Code (http://code.google.com/) or Sourceforge? Can this be done by simply modifying the executable with a hex editor? My understanding is that you just have to change a few of the CreateWindowEx flags to make a program launch full screen windowed mode (yet another reason why every game should have it... it's so easy) which means a hex editor could do the trick handily. If so, can you just share the offsets and the changes so those of us savvy enough can do it by hand and perhaps someone else can take on the risk of posting a modified executable?

RiotWarty

07-11-2010

It's not something horrifyingly complicated. Not posting because i'm unsure if it would be allowed =/

No editing of LoL files was done. It's a simple program that could probably be written by a novice...

Edit:
@Post below,
Why would I send the code if I was holding back the code out of fear that it wouldn't be allowed by the mods/devs?

Zoltu

07-11-2010

Would you mind e-mailing the source code to me at micah at zoltu dot net?

meze

09-22-2010

will you email to me as well please? bakedace at live dot com

Myrren

09-22-2010

can't you just edit the shortcut to include a -windowed or something? Its not illegal if your not modifying anything. Your just making it windowed ... why is this suddenly a bannable offense ?XD

i wanted windowed mode now

edit : found the configuration

go to your league of legends folder -> game -> DATA -> CFG -> Game.cfg and there is an option saying Windowed, make it = 1

i haven't tested it yet though i'll give it a shot later ... I might muck around with resolution settings though see what happens <3

meze

09-24-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItzWarty View Post
It's not something horrifyingly complicated. Not posting because i'm unsure if it would be allowed =/

No editing of LoL files was done. It's a simple program that could probably be written by a novice...

Edit:
@Post below,
Why would I send the code if I was holding back the code out of fear that it wouldn't be allowed by the mods/devs?
Can you at least tell us what you did?

Riot will not ban you for wanting window mode.. They likely haven't added it in the game because its not priority.

BR41ND34D

09-24-2010

err photoshopped much lately?