How to counter Pantheon mid?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Malthazor

07-08-2010

Hey. My main character is Annie, and the biggest problem I run into is facing Panth mid. Panth always deny me hard with spear shot spam, and I just dont know how to counter it.

Anyone have some tips? Thanks.

Hallix

07-08-2010

Last hit and hug your tower and try to stun him close to your tower, if you can bait him towards the tower, use your passive and stun him near it with your ulti/passive.

Nihil Sine Nefas

07-08-2010

You should have no problem getting last hits in with Q, since it outranges his spear. Just play defensively and have a stun ready for when he goes past your creep line to combo you.

Trickyhobo

07-08-2010

Basically what the others said, i would say though take cleanse so at lvl 6 when he combos you cleanse, MOVE PAST HIM so you are behind him (HSS will miss you) then unleash the tibber abuse.

Chingmeister

07-08-2010

You send a tough melee or your tank mid. You do not leave a squishy like Ashe mid against Panth.

I am assuming your group is tank/tough melee/ranged carry/caster/support.

The Promise

07-08-2010

Step 1. Take Cleanse

Step 2. If he took Doran's Shield he has no damage and limited mana regen, so run him oom. If he took Long Sword then he has no HP regen so harass him. If he took Meki's he has no HP regen or damage so don't let him harass you. If he took boots, pray.

He really is tough to counter. Most solos don't have regen outside of items (I play Nidalee so I lol at Pantheon) and he can harass really hard. The best thing to do is to no underestimate his damage output. If you are even slightly unsure about your safety you are going to die. If you can run him oom then he can't do anything, so that is really the only way to beat him as very few champions can out-harass Panth.

Foijerqerfgoerk

07-08-2010

Just keep your distance and move away when he heads towards you. Bear him when you get 6.

Cheers

xDiamantx

07-08-2010

It's weird that you would get owned by spearshot spam because Annie has a better harass spell than Pantheon does. If you have a Gragas on your team put Gragas at mid because Gragas takes little to no damage from Pantheon.

If you are facing pantheon stay behind your creeps and always save a stun for Pantheon, if he tries to harass you with his spear shoot him with your stun and bursts.

flaminghito

07-08-2010

Remember, Panth is godly early game but scales like **** if he doesn't get kills. Just play it safe, grab the last hits you can, and remember that every minute that goes by without pantheon ganking is another minute he creeps closer to obsolescence.