Do you agree with this thread?

Strongly Agree 78 55.32%
Agree 22 15.60%
Disagree 16 11.35%
Strongly Disagree 25 17.73%
Voters: 141. You may not vote on this poll

Rating for Ranked solo/Duo Qeue Needs To Be Reformed

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TerraEarth

03-16-2012

There's a important point you're overlooking. If you add incentive for players to have good scores than rather than focusing on making plays that might not be beneficial to themselves (their score) people will rather work to get the best individual score possible while not working for the team victory as much.

This includes

Kill stealing
No self-sacrifices for the team (as it will lower their KDA in favor for a increase in the team's)
and more of course.

the system you suggest only works in a game where everyone but one person is feeding/raging/trolling.

SharpCheddarChee

04-10-2012

Thats a bunch of ****. I've been playing LOL for a long time. I've never had a big problem with ELO, but recently it's gone completely down the drain. I don't care how good of a player you are, you have to get extremely lucky to dig yourself out of a whole like mine. My elo has dropped 180 in a row. Because of bad players, teams that are completely unbalanced (like 3 ad carries and a tank and a jungler), and most of all, trolls. I get trolled constantly. Just played with a nasus who dual laned mid with me, when I left mid to help bot out, he followed me. THE WHOLE GAME. This happens frequently. I think RIOT needs to come up with some kind of Elo refund system for when you're playing with trolls. You play a ranked game, and no one at low elo's cares enough to try. You play a normal game, and everyone is like, "it doesn't matter man, this isn't ranked". This is getting ridiculous. I can't play a serious game ANYWHERE.

Fluffyknowsyou

04-10-2012

Winning 13 points for going 4/10 helps no one and losing a game where you when 10/4 disincentives people from trying. The fact is the current system puts your rating into the hands of random people and does nothing to reward effort. Though I must admit both methods are ludicrously superficial, basing a person's rating on their k/d ratio is much better than rewarding some scrub for going 1/7, simply because he or she was on the winning team.

Though I think kills + assists should be added together and compared to deaths. This way the tank who went 2/7/9 will still be rewarded and the troll ranged carry with 1/7/4 will lose some rating.

McDerp

04-10-2012

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2009609

The Elo system is an adaptation of the scoring system used in chess. Riot thinks chess and a computer simulated RTS game with 1.000 other factors affecting personal performance are the same thing.

I failed calculus, so i suck at math and can't come up with an alternative scoring system but it seems Riot, a multi-million dollar buisness failed at understanding the relation of an RTS game with a static fixed 8x8 board game. They should use a k/d ratio instead or something.

Bongledongle

04-10-2012

If you think you're in ELO hell, you are the problem. The only sympathy I have is for people who get ****ed by bad luck in placement. But the good players WILL rise to the top if they play enough games. It's a mathematical certainty.