Do you agree with this thread?

Strongly Agree 78 55.32%
Agree 22 15.60%
Disagree 16 11.35%
Strongly Disagree 25 17.73%
Voters: 141. You may not vote on this poll

Rating for Ranked solo/Duo Qeue Needs To Be Reformed

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Leosoul

Senior Member

12-14-2011

I don't see why solo/duo queue doesn't adopt a ranking system like that of Dominion. If you play well you score well. If you consistently score well, your average score will rise. Replace elo with an average of your scores of the past X games. Seems like it would make way more sense than judging a single person by an entire team's efforts (or lack thereof).

Also, to counter the "blah blah elo hell doesn't exist" and "blah blah baddies and probablility" talk. Yes, the 2000 elo players who hell themselves can carry themselves out of 800 elo. Why? Because the average of the other team is so low. Sure, there may be a guy who has the skills of a 1200 elo, but what chance would a true 1200 have against a true 2000? None. Especially if the rest of his team is playing below 1200. As for probability, there are thousands of players that are not high elo. The chances of you hitting a match with you being the only person with an inaccurate ranking is going to be pretty low.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Regulas

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

12-15-2011

How the tier system works atm:

-HIGH LEVEL PLAYERS
..E...........................
.....V.................... E
. .... E ............... S
....... R............. L
. .........Y ........E
.............. ONE
-LOW LEVEL PLAYERS

Simply put if your good enough to carry your team even if they all feed you'll make it to high ELO. If your the cause of losses, you'll reach low ELO.

If your are somewhere in-between your placement is COMPLETELY RANDOM

If your good but not good enough to compensate for feeders/leavers, or are not playing a hero that can carry, you will get a random number of automatic losses. This makes it impossible to stay at any ELO (lower then 1600) even if it is exactly at your skill level because every now and then you will just automatically loose points, all of which has nothing to do with your own performance.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vito Corleone

Junior Member

12-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regulas View Post
How the tier system works atm:

-HIGH LEVEL PLAYERS
..E...........................
.....V.................... E
. .... E ............... S
....... R............. L
. .........Y ........E
.............. ONE
-LOW LEVEL PLAYERS

Simply put if your good enough to carry your team even if they all feed you'll make it to high ELO. If your the cause of losses, you'll reach low ELO.

If your are somewhere in-between your placement is COMPLETELY RANDOM

If your good but not good enough to compensate for feeders/leavers, or are not playing a hero that can carry, you will get a random number of automatic losses. This makes it impossible to stay at any ELO (lower then 1600) even if it is exactly at your skill level because every now and then you will just automatically loose points, all of which has nothing to do with your own performance.
That's all well and good but the topic of the thread is that what you just explained is not working for the general populace. Check the polls. This system needs to be reformed.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Regulas

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

12-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoR Burnside View Post
That's all well and good but the topic of the thread is that what you just explained is not working for the general populace. Check the polls. This system needs to be reformed.
um.... did.... did you just..... not read my post in the tiniest slightest itsy bitsy bit at all whatsoever?

Everyone else counts for 90% of the player base. Only the top 5% and bottom 5% have stable ELO's and everyone else such as yourself has a Random elo not based on your own ability.

In other-words I was agreeing with you.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

vinhsta

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Junior Member

12-16-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoR Burnside View Post
Ideally you would think that in the long haul it would place you in the correct catagory. Can you then explain why I was sitting pretty at 1250 and on my way up. I peaked at 1313, and then I ****ed around with xereth and tried helping a friend get their elo up until I dropped to 900. The story of my LoL life is I carry mid and my team feeds the outer lanes, or I carry mid and my team can't team fight in a drawn out game. Add that to naturally picking up the odd noob or troll and the occasional dc= I get ****ed 4 games out of 5 and I'm heading further down into elo hell, almost below 800 now. It's bull****. No more posts from ignorant people who have no idea about elo hell. Trust me, you have no idea what it's like until you are stuck down here. Logic or not bull**** happens spontaneously and all too frequently.
thats the problem you dont seem to understand. your idea of elo hell and thinking it only applies to what ever elo range you currently think it does is simply untrue. there will always be a losing team , and that losing team will 99% of the time have someone who fed , or players who lost their lanes .

out of 300 ranked games ive played i have probably played one or two games that i felt was a "fair" game. ive only played league for 3 months and albeit it that it has been frustrating to play a majority of the games ive played ,but ive accepted that there will never be "fair" teams period. i started from 1250 after all my placement matches were all done and worked my way out to 1600ish at 11-13 elo per game. i already know based on past experiences that its probably gonna take 40-50 games to get to the 1700 barrier and then probably 60-80 games to hit the 1800 barrier . why am i having to play so many games? because the more games i play the closer i get to where i actually belong.

ive glanced at your ranked stats and you average give or take 90-95cs per game for the champs you use that arent support. that isnt very good at all and ill be blunt doesnt deserve to be in 1200-1300 range or whatever elo you think you deserve. whatever elo youre at 800-900 if you cant even grab the lower average of 150cs a game then you truly belong to be where you are currently. you also mentioned that you were at x elo and then dropped to the said elo hell due to using xerath and trying to carry your friend out. id say it has more to do with you going where you actually belong because you played more games and you went where ever you belong. my close friend of 4 years indota in placement matches reached 1600 elo and then quickly dropped to 1250-1300range and complains about elo hell. just because you can get to x elo over the first 20 games doesnt even mean you belong in that division . anyone can get lucky in the first 20 games and go 18-2 be at 2k elo , but can you maintain your status at those elos over the course of the next 40-60 games ? that applies to any elo .


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vito Corleone

Junior Member

12-16-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by a2chaotic View Post
thats the problem you dont seem to understand. your idea of elo hell and thinking it only applies to what ever elo range you currently think it does is simply untrue. there will always be a losing team , and that losing team will 99% of the time have someone who fed , or players who lost their lanes .

out of 300 ranked games ive played i have probably played one or two games that i felt was a "fair" game. ive only played league for 3 months and albeit it that it has been frustrating to play a majority of the games ive played ,but ive accepted that there will never be "fair" teams period. i started from 1250 after all my placement matches were all done and worked my way out to 1600ish at 11-13 elo per game. i already know based on past experiences that its probably gonna take 40-50 games to get to the 1700 barrier and then probably 60-80 games to hit the 1800 barrier . why am i having to play so many games? because the more games i play the closer i get to where i actually belong.

ive glanced at your ranked stats and you average give or take 90-95cs per game for the champs you use that arent support. that isnt very good at all and ill be blunt doesnt deserve to be in 1200-1300 range or whatever elo you think you deserve. whatever elo youre at 800-900 if you cant even grab the lower average of 150cs a game then you truly belong to be where you are currently. you also mentioned that you were at x elo and then dropped to the said elo hell due to using xerath and trying to carry your friend out. id say it has more to do with you going where you actually belong because you played more games and you went where ever you belong. my close friend of 4 years indota in placement matches reached 1600 elo and then quickly dropped to 1250-1300range and complains about elo hell. just because you can get to x elo over the first 20 games doesnt even mean you belong in that division . anyone can get lucky in the first 20 games and go 18-2 be at 2k elo , but can you maintain your status at those elos over the course of the next 40-60 games ? that applies to any elo .
The ****? 90-95cs per game average is bull****. A) I never get below 90 so how you got an average of that is ****ing retarted. My average is atleast 130 in a 20 min surrender match.

As you said you are nowhere near elo hell and the way things work below 1k is entirely different than above. Speaking from experience. The polls speak for themself, you're opinion is moot because A) You are from a higher elo and in no way have any experience in Elo Hell and B) 70-80% of people reading the thread disagree with you AKA the majority. Don't bother explaining how things work when you haven't ****ed around in elo hell to begin with.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vito Corleone

Junior Member

12-16-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regulas View Post
um.... did.... did you just..... not read my post in the tiniest slightest itsy bitsy bit at all whatsoever?

Everyone else counts for 90% of the player base. Only the top 5% and bottom 5% have stable ELO's and everyone else such as yourself has a Random elo not based on your own ability.

In other-words I was agreeing with you.

Yeah I read every word. And if you look again in no way did you state an opinion. You showed exactly how it works and left it at that. Leaving me to wonder what exactly it is you are trying to say. I'm well aware that your statements agree with me hence why I didn't argue them.

Next time you can just clarify that you agree with me. Believe it or not there are people out there that throw the same things I agree with in my face and somehow are against the thread, and many of them so forgive me if I assumed you are one of them.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vito Corleone

Junior Member

12-16-2011

And btw a2chaotic minions slain aren't all my cs. I jungle Xin alot and neutral monsters killed accounted for makes a huge difference to my supposed cs average.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Regulas

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

12-16-2011

I was explaining it out like that cause alot of the naysayers don't seem to understand that, and its never really displayed clearly.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

vinhsta

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Junior Member

12-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoR Burnside View Post
The ****? 90-95cs per game average is bull****. A) I never get below 90 so how you got an average of that is ****ing retarted. My average is atleast 130 in a 20 min surrender match.

As you said you are nowhere near elo hell and the way things work below 1k is entirely different than above. Speaking from experience. The polls speak for themself, you're opinion is moot because A) You are from a higher elo and in no way have any experience in Elo Hell and B) 70-80% of people reading the thread disagree with you AKA the majority. Don't bother explaining how things work when you haven't ****ed around in elo hell to begin with.
see you and many other people i come across who boast in ranked lobbies about how good there cs is need to stop.stats dont lie and the whole other excuses that come along with it wont factor into your stats. you say you get 130 before 20 min mark , yet you have 7146 cs over 65 games with your best champ swain. do the math and you average109 we'll just use swain now and exclude everything else. again that is real bad for mid , and against "elo" hell players that you claim , your ability to get more cs should increase which over all your average shows that isnt the case.

70-80% of the people who disagree me obviously are entitled to their opinion. like i said before and let me emphasize it , "elo hell" is at all elo levels . take a minute to think about that and stop thinking it is only secluded to whatever you feel it is. in your range you might deal with 3 bads , in other ranges it might be 2 or 1 . everyone will get upset equally whether it is 1 player or 3. to say flat out and say "its not the same 800 is worst" no , its not. one player in a 1600 elo range thats bad is equally the same as 3 bads as they all affect the game the same way which probably leads to a loss. if you want to play a game where individual skill is rewarded more heavily, pick up dota. obviously people will argue about what i just said ,but unless they have played at a high level they have no right to speak on the game. dota rewards individual skill better than league , truth be told. thats not to say one game is better than the other so please dont castrate me LoL'ers. but then again i dont think you would fare any better as the entry level gap is too much for most.