Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Do you agree with this thread?

Strongly Agree 78 55.32%
Agree 22 15.6%
Disagree 16 11.35%
Strongly Disagree 25 17.73%
Voters 141 .

Rating for Ranked solo/Duo Qeue Needs To Be Reformed

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vito Corleone

12-14-2011

Good evening, 3rd game in a row today I carried and 4 team mates fed. My elo has official almost reached below 800 with the ****. I dare you to watch the replays if you can riot. THE GAME IS BROKEN!

Nice White Girl

12-14-2011

These threads are a dime a dozen, and people seriously need a reality check. Seriously, do a search about elo hell and you'll find countless threads made by "good" players who are magically stuck in ELO hell. Sorry, clearly everyone can't be the exception. If you're in ELO hell, you're probably there for a reason.

How is it that all these supposedly "good" players get stuck in ELO hell, where everyone ELSE is the problem?

It just doesn't add up. Granted, the ELO system is not perfect...but if you claim to so superior to the players around you, statistically there is just no way that you keep getting paired with the bad players that prevent you from ever getting higher.

I'm sure I'll be downvoted for pointing out that most people are simply not good at this game. Yet they feel entitled and their egos cannot accept that they could possibly belong in a low tier.

P.S. Notice how lots of good players have streams of when they purposely queue dodge to bring themselves into ELO hell, and then raise themselves out of it?

Regulas

12-14-2011

The problem I have with the elo system is that it heavily favours playing carries, or otherwise high dps champions.

I'm currently in bronze and advancing very slowly, nevertheless I find that Support you win less points, and loose more points, furthermore unlike with a carry it's harder to compensate for bad allies, especially because even many veteran players don't know how to play with or take advantage of support.

ZeroONE6

12-14-2011

im not saying im good by any stretch of the word, but ive lost 4 ranked games because i went mid, went 11/2 then looked bot and my bot lane had fed the enemy AD carry so hard that the game was already over......... or my personal favorite, the game becomes 4v5 because my teams jungler literally never ganks..... ever so yea solo que ranked is ****ed up

Larynth

12-14-2011

it would be simple to set up a modifier to how much ELO was gained/lost per game based on overall contribution. The only complex math would be on weighting each catagory based on the intended role of the champion you played. but the formula would be simple divide your stat by the total of your team. But a support or a Tank with half the team's kills might think they did well while they cost thier team the match by starving the carry. In the end the Solo/Duo Q teams should not suffer or prosper as a team but as individuals or duos the same way they Q.

Also there should be a large number of "sloting" games for new players who have no record to base a score off of. Or better yet a two stage system where your first ten games are in a begginner bracket and give you an initial ELO then you move to the novice bracket where your next ten matches fine tune where your elo should be before throing you in games you have no business in.

This second issue is I think more to blame for the "ELO Hell" effect than the first. Truly bad players who get carried through a few matches hover at a much higher elo then they deserve untill the law of large numbers kicks in from playing enough games. Meanwhile every other, or even two out of three games they are making it unwinable for 4 other players.

Since they can't stop people from thinking they are better than they are, the only way to truly minimize this effect is to find some way to accurately measure someone's skill before letting them play in mainstream matches. Then, for mainstream matches penalize the poor players on a team with a greater ELO loss and mitigate the ELO loss of the player on the team who did everything he could under the circumstances. As an asside to this point, ELO change for dodging Q when a Captain is AFK for bans or in matches with Intentional feeders or Leavers should be reversable both for the loosing team as well as the winners. ELO gain/loss should only take place as the result of a match where there was a chance for both sides to win.

EDGE0576

Recruiter

12-14-2011

Today in ranked I played a rammus jungle and had lane presence at 2. I bought boots of mobility so I had amazing map control and assisted I. Pushing down all of the first their turrets I wound up with GA and thorn mail along with other top tier items. I tanked as much as I could but my team of wukong twitch singed and volibear consistently did not assist in initiation or damage when I initiated tanked team fights. I went out with somewhere around 10-15kills, 4 deaths, and around 20 or so assists.we did not win however our dps constantly solo'd and died to their vayne while complaining that I chased her too far for me to succeed in killing her. When we lost, I lost the same 19 ELO that the feeding twitch and no damage output wukong lost while I played (granted objectively) the best jungling tank I have seen at my ELO or within 400 elo of me. I truly believe that this ELO system is broken when I can take and give more damage than our ap tank and AD carry combined while jungling.

vinhsta

12-14-2011

i think there are way too many people that think they are better than they really are. truth of the matter is simple , you will be placed in the right category eventually over the long haul . is there a way to make the ranking system better ? in my opinion yes. what is it ? remove duo que so people cant get carried out of "x" elo . this has been my opinion for the last 4-5 years. (dota is riddled with scrubs who get carried to other tiers , or players who only play games when teams are stacked)

Vito Corleone

12-14-2011

Quote:
a2chaotic:
i think there are way too many people that think they are better than they really are. truth of the matter is simple , you will be placed in the right category eventually over the long haul . is there a way to make the ranking system better ? in my opinion yes. what is it ? remove duo que so people cant get carried out of "x" elo . this has been my opinion for the last 4-5 years. (dota is riddled with scrubs who get carried to other tiers , or players who only play games when teams are stacked)

Ideally you would think that in the long haul it would place you in the correct catagory. Can you then explain why I was sitting pretty at 1250 and on my way up. I peaked at 1313, and then I ****ed around with xereth and tried helping a friend get their elo up until I dropped to 900. The story of my LoL life is I carry mid and my team feeds the outer lanes, or I carry mid and my team can't team fight in a drawn out game. Add that to naturally picking up the odd noob or troll and the occasional dc= I get ****ed 4 games out of 5 and I'm heading further down into elo hell, almost below 800 now. It's bull****. No more posts from ignorant people who have no idea about elo hell. Trust me, you have no idea what it's like until you are stuck down here. Logic or not bull**** happens spontaneously and all too frequently.

Vito Corleone

12-14-2011

Bellatrixxx,

If these threads come a dime a dozen its because a mass majority agree with it, the voting poll agrees with me by a long shot. So when you see threads like this the solution is pay attention and if you are a person capable doing something about it DO IT. Don't spout more ignorant bull**** and passing it off as "another pointless thread" obviously it's a problem.

StickyStallion

12-14-2011

they need to make it wear if u spend so much ip u can have ur elo reset to atleast 1350