Do you agree with this thread?

Strongly Agree 78 55.32%
Agree 22 15.60%
Disagree 16 11.35%
Strongly Disagree 25 17.73%
Voters: 141. You may not vote on this poll

Rating for Ranked solo/Duo Qeue Needs To Be Reformed

12345 ... 7
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Blazing Defender

Junior Member

12-11-2011

Hi,

I am just one of thousands of frustrated gamers trying to get out of elo hell. It was created by the way the solo/duo qeue matchmaking ratings are calculated. The ratings for dolo/duo set players up for failure.

You are one man/woman. How you get to elo hell can vary, from a player performing badly due to lack of practice (You deserve to be here) to an experienced player being foolish enough to practice with a new champion they aren't used to in a ranked match a few too many times (You are foolish, but you SHOULD be able to get your rank back up).

This however is almost impossible without extreme luck. You are literally relying on four other people to:

1) Have decent internet connections and not disconnect every 4 mins or even connect at all after the loading screen begins.

2) Be competent enough to not feed the opponents and play their part in the teamwork fully.

3) Not be tempted to lose their temper due to criticism or even give criticism. Very few people can handle being told they suck and even fewer play better after being told so.

All this ties into YOUR rating. Which is absolutely rediculous. With that system you get the all too frequent poor fool who carries his team with a score of 12-2-9 and his/her team still loses with the other members of the teaming ending with 1-4-3, 0-5-2, 1-3-6, 2-8-10. Guess what, his rating drops regardless of how well he/she might have played.

I can understand this system in a fully premade team. You are CHOOSING to play with these four people. They aren't randoms on the internet and you can decide whether or not they are reliable in a team fight. However, this shouldn't apply to simply clicking match me with team mates. The rating for solo/duo qeue should be based on an average of your games scores (kills/deaths/assists).

This makes the opportunity to get out of elo hell sometime before the next season starts by yourself actually possible. Incase someone brings up the topic of reporting a player, before anything is said I'd like to point out that reporting a player is utterly useless to you. It does nothing to change the game the player was in with you. It does nothing to help the rating lost. It in no way helps getting out of elo hell at all.

PLEASE get together over coffee.... order some pizza... do whatever you gotta do to discuss this and find a solution for this broken system.

Cheers, Joshua Burnside.

UPDATE: Latest fail of the day. Swain, 13/4/17 Creep Score 282. DEFEAT

***Please don't post anymore if you:
A) Haven't been to elo hell B) Are going to waste time criticizing my builds, cs score on a particular game.
C) State ignorantly that people of all elos are where they belong. The evidence supported has been null and moot so far. Don't waste our time.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xXCFXx Avenger

Senior Member

12-11-2011

^


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Siren Swag

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Member

12-12-2011

Lets assume you are a "good" player, and that the assignment of "bad" players is random. You are less likely to get bad player on your team than the other team, since you have 4 players that have potential to be bad and they have 5. If you are "good" and play a bunch of games, if you are "good" you will gain elo.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Avalasion

Member

12-12-2011

^


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Siren Swag

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Member

12-12-2011

^


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

eXmi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Junior Member

12-12-2011

elo points suck, if u win a match , u win 13 , if u lose ,u los 16 or 19, nice!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Blazing Defender

Junior Member

12-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revelation GOD View Post
Lets assume you are a "good" player, and that the assignment of "bad" players is random. You are less likely to get bad player on your team than the other team, since you have 4 players that have potential to be bad and they have 5. If you are "good" and play a bunch of games, if you are "good" you will gain elo.
Except that when you lose matches you lose more elo than you gain when you win. For example, last week I won 4 in a row, and lost two matchs with a bunch of noobs in the last two. My score for the two lost matches were 12/4/9 and 4/0/2. After those two losses, My elo was below what it was before I won those 4 matches in a row.

Logically you are correct once out of elo hell, but not while down here. I didn't start here so I know the difference. My top rating is 1313 and im sitting at 881 now. It was 100X easier to get from 1200 to 1300 with any character than it is for me to even come close to 1000 with my two mains. Again, my scores are fine so it's not that playing good will get a player out of elo hell, hence the beginning of this thread in the first place. FYI I got here in the first place by qeueing up with a friend who just made level 30. they dragged me from 1313 down to 990 and it's been hell ever since.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

EDGE0576

Recruiter

12-12-2011

See elo reset forum


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

krispyKRAKEN

Junior Member

12-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoR Burnside View Post
FYI I got here in the first place by qeueing up with a friend who just made level 30. they dragged me from 1313 down to 990 and it's been hell ever since.

Duo queue wrecked me pretty hard too, my friend had a higher elo than me off the start, i was a bit over 1200, idk where he was and then duo queue dropped my rating to around 900 and its been downhill from there. Honestly though, I think the only way out of it for me is more duo queue. If you're now super confused, its okay, ill explain . Even though duo queue is what dropped me initially, I feel like I have a better chance of winning the harder match ups that duo queue gives me over the constant 4v5s or even 3v5s (true story) because rage quitters and feeders are becoming more and more abundant and dropping me lower and lower. I just want to play a 5v5 and duo queue will guarantee there is at least one more person on my team who isnt going to feed or quit -__-


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Blazing Defender

Junior Member

12-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by krispyKRAKEN View Post
Duo queue wrecked me pretty hard too, my friend had a higher elo than me off the start, i was a bit over 1200, idk where he was and then duo queue dropped my rating to around 900 and its been downhill from there. Honestly though, I think the only way out of it for me is more duo queue. If you're now super confused, its okay, ill explain . Even though duo queue is what dropped me initially, I feel like I have a better chance of winning the harder match ups that duo queue gives me over the constant 4v5s or even 3v5s (true story) because rage quitters and feeders are becoming more and more abundant and dropping me lower and lower. I just want to play a 5v5 and duo queue will guarantee there is at least one more person on my team who isnt going to feed or quit -__-
Quite right, I'm also waiting for a friend to play consistantly again so we can duo qeue. I'll just piggy back with him until I'm out but there needs to be another way than that to get out by yourself. Not everyone has a high elo friend to do such a thing.


12345 ... 7