Hundreds of Players Banned for Leaves and Harassment

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

kaodynamics

07-21-2010

Can I report someone who talks in caps?
Can I report someone who picks warrick, master yi, or tryndamere in a ranked game?
Can I report someone for dieing in the first 3 minutes of the game?
Can I report someone who doesn't leave mid to someone better?
Can I report someone who buys malady.
Can I report someone who doesn't call mia?
Can I report someone who is no where to be found during teamfights?
Can I report someone for playing zilean or kayle and only ults them self?
Can I report someone for banning shaco?
Can I report someone for jungling?
Can I report someone for taking revive?
Can I report someone for wasting their aoe ult on one person?
Can I report someone for using destiny to only kill golem?
Can I report someone for trying to solo baren?
Can I report someone for picking udry?
Can I report someone who misses an ashe ult arrow every single time?
Can I report someone for picking eve?
Can I report someone who doesn't buy vision wards?
Can I report someone who decides not to push a tower so we can win the game?

GayQueen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

07-31-2010

question - how is decieded if man is banned for leaving ? is it like leaving per X games (like if player leave in like 10% games) or is it flat leaves ? like ban if man have >20 leaves ???

Incendiax

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-03-2010

I don't entirely agree with the Leaves concept.
I've been disconnected/crashed more than once per game on multiple occasions. There's no justification for banning someone who has technical difficulties, but I understand the literal reasoning behind it. If that is going to be applied to the game, I sincerely hope that you will look at the connectivity logs.

ThreeLittleBirds

08-10-2010

Can't harass people verbally!?!?!

FREEDOM OF SPEECH *****

DuskNZ

08-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascate View Post
question - how is decieded if man is banned for leaving ? is it like leaving per X games (like if player leave in like 10% games) or is it flat leaves ? like ban if man have >20 leaves ???
IF you have an exceptionally high leave to game ratio like 60-70% then you will be considered

Quote:
Can't harass people verbally!?!?!

FREEDOM OF SPEECH *****
Read the EULA, you they can in fact ban you for whatever they want and in installing the game you gave a digital signature.

KucheKlizma

09-14-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse Perring View Post
The people who have permanent punishments are only the most egregious of offenders.
"Egregious"? Do people actually use that word, or does someone watch a bit too much british comedy?

Tumblur

01-30-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse Perring View Post
When you sign in to PVP.net to play your games of League of Legends, it is our sincerest hope that you will encounter only pleasant players, who are polite and adhere to the tenets of the Summoner's Code. As we head into Season One, League of Legends will become an even more intense and competitive title. As such, we expect players to continue to show maturity and good manners to their fellow players despite the increased stress.

With this in mind we have been making an effort to crack down on those players who ruin other people's game experience. Whether it's verbal harassment, AFK players, leavers, feeders or any other form of griefing, we're prepared to take measures to sanction those players you identify as abusive. In the past 48 hours alone we have suspended hundreds of players for abusive behavior, excessive leaving, and other violations of the terms of service.

We are even adding additional personnel to our Customer Support Team in order to ensure that we have the manpower necessary to continue to address these concerns on a regular basis. If you're taking it upon yourself to ruin other players games, we will be watching you, and if you're a stand-up player, we encourage you to continue to utilize our player reporting tools. We will be identifying problem players so that they can be dealt with appropriately.

Note by Pendragon: The players who are banned or suspended through the player reporting process are thoroughly investigated prior to any action being taken. The people who have permanent punishments are only the most egregious of offenders. Additionally - if you receive a suspension that you believe is unjust, you are welcome to reply to the notification that we send you, and we're happy to appeal when appropriate.
I had to go to my grand fathers bday i had no choice but to get off the computer because family always comes first please unsuspend me

Daemous

05-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFKirby View Post
why cant we leave losing games? i mean if it is obvious that there is no chance and you have 2 members who refuse to surrender, then it is just a waste of time, for everyone. An option would be to make it a simple majority, not that you have to have 4 votes for it.
*Facepalm*

So what you're saying is that if you know that a game you are playing is going to ultimately result in a lost game, you are saying that it is okay to just up and run from it? The way I see it, you're just wanting to quit the current game you are playing so that you don't get an added point on your record of games you lost so that you can keep your record of loses as low as possible. And by posting what you did, it shows me that your nothing more than a sore loser who does not want to admit defeat.

That also brings up the fact that if the game didn't keep a tab on the number times you leave a game, tons of players would be leaving the game simply because "I didn't win" to keep their total won games higher than their total lost games.

While it feels good to win games, losing games also has it's merit. If you lose a game it can teach you many things. For example if you lost a game it can teach you what went wrong and what can be done to fix it. For example, you could have lost a game because of a lack in teamwork, communication, lack of observation etc, and you can learn from your mistakes.

QB Horhe

10-02-2011

Hi! could you please banned this PPL name Aposporos his using Garen the last game and his not listening to his team mates and he doing Intentionally Feeding to other team please banned this player thanks........

sho0tem

12-24-2011

i dont want to get kicked out of LoL i spend money on you guys. recently every time i get into a match for the past 4 5 games my wifi on the laptop shuts of and doesnt let me sign into any wifi like it erases, only way getting my wifi back up is by closing the laptop and opening it or restarting it this only happens when im in a game other wise it doesnt happend. even when i shut it down restart it get back into a game happens again can i get some help on this plz i love playing league and im missing out on some fun