Hundreds of Players Banned for Leaves and Harassment

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jesse Perring

NOC Technician

07-08-2010
1 of 4 Riot Posts

When you sign in to PVP.net to play your games of League of Legends, it is our sincerest hope that you will encounter only pleasant players, who are polite and adhere to the tenets of the Summoner's Code. As we head into Season One, League of Legends will become an even more intense and competitive title. As such, we expect players to continue to show maturity and good manners to their fellow players despite the increased stress.

With this in mind we have been making an effort to crack down on those players who ruin other people's game experience. Whether it's verbal harassment, AFK players, leavers, feeders or any other form of griefing, we're prepared to take measures to sanction those players you identify as abusive. In the past 48 hours alone we have suspended hundreds of players for abusive behavior, excessive leaving, and other violations of the terms of service.

We are even adding additional personnel to our Customer Support Team in order to ensure that we have the manpower necessary to continue to address these concerns on a regular basis. If you're taking it upon yourself to ruin other players games, we will be watching you, and if you're a stand-up player, we encourage you to continue to utilize our player reporting tools. We will be identifying problem players so that they can be dealt with appropriately.

Note by Pendragon: The players who are banned or suspended through the player reporting process are thoroughly investigated prior to any action being taken. The people who have permanent punishments are only the most egregious of offenders. Additionally - if you receive a suspension that you believe is unjust, you are welcome to reply to the notification that we send you, and we're happy to appeal when appropriate.

Phreak

Shoutcaster

07-08-2010
2 of 4 Riot Posts

When Jesse Perring bans a player in League of Legends, their computer explodes.

Viper27pk

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-08-2010

So how will people be alerted if they are banned ? :P

Bro

HikariKyubi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-08-2010

This is why I love you guys <3

Porkgood

07-08-2010

Do not anger Jesse Perring... You won't like him when he is angry

TearyEyes

07-08-2010

Nice, this will help. =)
Thanks Riot! =D

Edit: I realize you might smell sarcasm, but I mean what I said.

Quality Player

07-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phreak View Post
When Jesse Perring bans a player in League of Legends, their computer explodes.
+1

Lerlime

07-08-2010

List of banned players? Or how will they know they are banned? :O

ThunderZZZZ

07-08-2010

I don't think users should be banned for leaves... sometimes people just have to go... everything else is cool.

Joyrock

07-08-2010

Banning for harassment, except in extreme cases, is always bad.