i think i've found a 'main' for bot--cassi

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Protocall

12-11-2011

I often do ap TF bot, find he's hard to counter, focusing Wild cards tends to be a good counter to anyone with less range. At level 6, he's got tons of mobility, which is great on Dom. Might want to give him a try

ricklessabandon

qa analyst

12-11-2011
7 of 7 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protocall View Post
I often do ap TF bot, find he's hard to counter, focusing Wild cards tends to be a good counter to anyone with less range. At level 6, he's got tons of mobility, which is great on Dom. Might want to give him a try
actually, with the tf changes going in this patch i may have to give him a try...
red card + wild card should make for a strong push, and his ult would be kind of sweet to have around.

i'm intrigued! but in the meantime, more cassi. <3

Vanblod

12-12-2011

It's funny, because when Dom first came out the first AP mage I wanted to try out was Cassiopeia. Everyone thought it was stupid to try and play her <_<

Chingmeister

12-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosBloodterfly View Post
Cass and Malz can pretty much instaclear a wave, so the wave isn't going to neutralize the tower. The health pack isn't really that important. If a fight breaks out, its usually 100-0 for one person. And shaco can't push/cap an actively defended point safely. And nobody EVER goes OOM in dominion if they pay the slightest attention to mana.

Shaco can push an actively defended point by being inside the point by the health pack and tossing down a few JITBs blocking off access to the health pack from the tower. Further JITBs can be used to injure the spawning minions.

Shaco requires a bit of finesse. You don't actually want to anihilate all the spawned minions and have small waves of 3 minions hit the tower. A caster will simply unload and anihilate the 3 minions.

You only want to hurt the opposing minions, so that your own wave will beat them and grow into a huge wave by the time it hits the tower. Combined with promote, the big wave will nuetralize the tower.

You combine this with being a few inches from the tower and start to cap it whenever a caster leaves it for a second. Just dance an inch out of their range. 479 starting speed means your never going to get pinned down and die unless you choose to. This pins the caster down and lets the wave build in the middle way out of the caster's range to do anything.

Post 6, the caster has to deal with your clone chasing them around as the minion wave arrives. They get to chose to nuke the clone or the minions. If they nuke the minions they end up having to B due to clone damage and I'll just cap the tower. If they nuke the clone the minions will nuetralize it, although they will probably neutralize it anyways.

I have this down to an art form. Controlling the size, distance, and speed of a minion wave 4000+ range away and pinning someone to 3 square inches for minutes on end is an art. Ryze, undoubtably the strongest bottom lane caster, and Yorick, the strongest AD bottom laner, are trivial tower takeovers with Shaco. Cass, Brand, Malz...you can "lane" against anyone.

Also, by building DPS Shaco, your ready to gank with your clone tanking the tower whenever anyone on your team wants to show up, casters are particularly vulnerable to a 3v1, and you can see your teamate coming so you can preemtively accelerate the minion wave by anihilating the opposing spawned minions. This will neutralize and cap the tower as the gank occurs.

Just don't be hasty and push a mere 3 minions at a time into the tower or you will take an arrow to the knee.

Protocall

12-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricklessabandon View Post
actually, with the tf changes going in this patch i may have to give him a try...
red card + wild card should make for a strong push, and his ult would be kind of sweet to have around.

i'm intrigued! but in the meantime, more cassi. <3
As long as you have some MPen, maybe sorc boots, you probably won't need red card; I haven't, anyways. Its fun to see your wave charge tenaciously forward anyways d(>w<)b

I remember Cass being fun; probably play her a bit after seeing this thread <3

MrSmileyy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-12-2011

For cass I have found two bots problematic

1) Jarvan, he can jump onto you and lay into you, he cant outpush you he has to try kill you but he does it well.

2) Kayle, Cass tries to kill her targets quickly, Kayle turns invincible and ignores that, then kills you. By time your bot again her ult is up again making killing her very hard.

Nekrogen

12-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSmileyy View Post
For cass I have found two bots problematic

1) Jarvan, he can jump onto you and lay into you, he cant outpush you he has to try kill you but he does it well.

2) Kayle, Cass tries to kill her targets quickly, Kayle turns invincible and ignores that, then kills you. By time your bot again her ult is up again making killing her very hard.
To be fair, Jarvan counters most popular bottom laners simply because.. well.. I don't think he was designed to be solo bottom :P. Cass has her counters, but she also hard counters a LOT of popular bottom laners, which is sort of the point of this thread; and I have to agree. I'm lovin her so far :3 lot to learn though.

Grantson

12-12-2011

Cass is really strong early to mid game because she can kill minion waves effortlessly while staying at a safe distance. So when played right, she has the potential to beat or at least push even with every bottom champion.

What I found mid to late game is she's not bursty enough against AD range champions like Kog'maw, Kayle, and Sivir who scales ridiculously from attack speed/life steal items and can clear waves just as fast as her.

So in the beginning - mid game Cass is one of the top 3 bottom laner, but late game she'll start having trouble with AD brusters and even out.