Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

i think i've found a 'main' for bot--cassi

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Round Face

12-11-2011

Her worst matchup is anything with a silence (ranged, of course). The silence stops you from getting the followup Es when you land your Qs, so that's a big chance for counter harass against you.

Nekrogen

12-11-2011

Quote:
mufins:
well regardless i think your forcing a meta shift with your fukn op premade "gank bot every chance you guys get" strat which in turn is forcing out champions like cass/malz and even ryze who have no escape. It seems like bot lane is slowly shifting into an SR laning phase with champions able to freeze lanes vs each other and ganks becoming the only thing that actually win the lane. not sure if thats a good or bad thing =/.

Nah the only thing that's changed is more ganks. It's still the hard pushing lane, but you need to be wary of enemy champions, especially bottom lane. I make this mistake too often XD

Medusa

12-11-2011

Quote:
ricklessabandon:
i've been focusing E for creep control--if i want the wave pushed out, i E down their heavy minions. if i want them to slow push, i can opt not to use it. also, i love E harassment...

imo, cassi is one of the elite few that has the problem of all her skills being worth maxing out first. i'm sure i'll need at least another 50 games or so before i can say decisively how i'd play her--i wish i had more free time.

I like going 1-1-1, so you can get both Miasma and NB on that first wave right away. and push it a bit to control the Health pack.

Then i just focus on Twin Fang then NB then Miasma. Or if you let them go for the health pack i sometimes like to cast NB as they get to it then continue to burst them down (and usually win) often i think they feel more safe and have a better chance of winning (so they stick around.)

K D Bonez

12-11-2011

Quote:
ricklessabandon:
i've been playing around with different champs for a little while and i think cassi might be my new favorite (sorry maokai).

she seems well-rounded enough, but i was wondering if she has any bad matchups in bot that i need to watch out for. also, i'd be curious to know how commonly she's banned (if ever). does anyone play her very regularly that can comment?

Sorry for being late on this, but as someone who used to main Cassi back when people had her in Trash Tier or whatever the hell Elementz calls his junk, I've found that thru all the changes, there's one thing that hurts her the most if your not not superb with Skill Placement abilities: Movement Speed.

Granted, you can put W on yourself and beg them to come in and dance while taking a few fangs to the face, but generally speaking anyone that can move fast/has a MS 'roid or even just an ability that moves them tends to have a big advantage against Cassi. While they may not actually get to you, the problem is your spamming Q, and even with your passive, you will be losing mana fast. I know mana regen on Dominion is great, but if you hit zero and they havn't been hit by anything, they're probably going to come and smash your face in. Some obvious examples would be Singed, Garen, Volibear, Trynd and the most notable, Kassadin.

As for silence, while it tends to be a pain in the ass as Cassi, most champions (minus a few select (*cough* Garen *cough*) tend to have ranged Silence, meaning that unless they're close enough to get a full combo in, you can disengage the moment you get silenced. Of course, then you face the "Kassadin Bottleneck" where he Silences you, blinks up to two centimeters away from your face, and splashes you with a torrent of Void Energy, and then he blinks away. Kassadin was built (as far as his Kit suggest) to be an Anti-Mage, and Cassi is a Mage... soooo it's really the counterpick logic thar =X

The LORD saves

12-11-2011

Quote:
mufins:
well regardless i think your forcing a meta shift with your fukn op premade "gank bot every chance you guys get" strat which in turn is forcing out champions like cass/malz and even ryze who have no escape

I'm seeing this a lot. I play Urgot or Cass bottom and most of the time I win my lane easily (and especially when I get WOTA or enough AD on Urgot it's over). But winning easily means their assassin comes and forces double bottom. It is becoming more and more popular as people figure it out.

I have a problem with AP Sion on Cassiopia. I saw someone do this to me, then I tried it on someone else when they were playing Cass, and Cass died within 2 minutes of minion pushing. Is there anything to be done? He can wipe out all the small minions with one explosion of 'W', and I don't know how to stop him since his Q is so huge I have to retreat from it.

Itstwoftlong

12-11-2011

I despise Talon when I play Cass. No one can kill you 1v1 if you have your ult up and you don't miss.

IS1429332aa9b633

12-11-2011

Good to know that Talon is a pain for Cassio
I'm started playing him and he's pretty good.
He's also a pain for Yorick... win/win ^^

BigDaddyDelish

12-11-2011

My most problematic bot so far has been Talon, even if you land your Noxious Blast on him he will out-trade you thanks to his silence, and his Rake helps a lot against your pushing.

Cass can go toe to toe with pretty much any other bot though, I haven't had any other problematic champs except for maybe an omega aggressive Xin.

I like to max Q first if I'm bot. It helps clear creeps like a beast, poke like a beast, and gtfo like a beast when **** go inevitably skyward when you get ganked. The bonus ms goes a LONG way.

If I'm one of the 4 that isn't bot, then I max Twin Fang first just because it does so much god **** damage.

The LORD saves

12-11-2011

Has anyone else fought Sion bottom?

Fingerer

12-11-2011

I don't see why Cass has problems with AP sion >.>

You can equally kill creeps just as fast as him...Q is spammable and W deals a **** ton to immobile targets (Creeps fighting each other). Q is also a 900 range nuke...