Background Music randomly stops playing

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MMKH

12-08-2011

This has happened since Dominion was in beta. At first, I tried disabling sound, then re-enabling, although it reset the music, shortly afterwards my game crashes. Nowadays, I just leave the music alone until the game ends or I risk losing the game.

Another incident is sometimes the game fails to get into the loading screen and crashes, saying that some .dll file is missing. I have to terminate the LoL process and restart the client before I can reconnect.

Please investigate and fix, thanks.

Nekrogen

12-08-2011

bump

FDru

12-08-2011

It is tied in with the announcer voice triggers somehow. Seems that it always stops when she says something. Try to pay attention to what it is, in case it's something specific. Maybe we can help them fix this ****.

Brackhar

Features Designer

12-08-2011
1 of 2 Riot Posts

We had previously thought we had fixed this bug. I'll raise it with the live engineers to see if they can investigate.

Arblis

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-08-2011

A little extra detail for it- I've had the music stop a few times when the score looks something like 250 -- 400. Apparently it just decides that segment of the song doesn't exist, though it'll still occasionally play a tiny transitional piece when a score threshold is hit.. and then back to silence.

Brackhar

Features Designer

12-08-2011
2 of 2 Riot Posts

The transitions occur at 375,250,125, and 75vs75. It's accompanied by an announcement which is why you guys are seeing a correlation, but the core issue is just the transition itself.

Tale Feather

12-08-2011

I've had occurrences in which the background music would stop after the transition music played. Yet, at the next transition, I can hear the music bits used to transition the next stage of the background track, but still silence after.

I never got to notice the 75 vs 75 track though, usually the fighting is too intense to notice then. Is there a place we can listen to the song parts separately?

Arkrothe

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-09-2011

I hope it gets fixed soon. Without music the game goes from uber-exciting to downright boring

TheFrehsman

12-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tale Feather View Post
I've had occurrences in which the background music would stop after the transition music played. Yet, at the next transition, I can hear the music bits used to transition the next stage of the background track, but still silence after.

I never got to notice the 75 vs 75 track though, usually the fighting is too intense to notice then. Is there a place we can listen to the song parts separately?
i would love to be able to listen to the tracks from league of legends IMO the soundtrack is what makes or breaks most games

that's part of the reason i love FF series

MMKH

12-12-2011

Here is the error message I get sometimes when starting LoL from the launcher or when the game is starting after champion select.