Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Personal Scores--A brief argument that they mean something

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dukasho

12-11-2011

http://img853.imageshack.us/img853/9721/capture2jxw.png

Another example of why personal score means nothing.

Wolfalisk

12-11-2011

Quote:
Dukasho:
http://img853.imageshack.us/img853/9721/capture2jxw.png

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/attachment.php?attachmentid=332316&d=1322698611

Dukasho

12-11-2011

Quote:
ZergSwarms:
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/attachment.php?attachmentid=332316&d=1322698611

haha

AnyOtherEnemy

12-11-2011

Quote:
Speusippus:
Every time I've checked, the team who wins in Dominion has the highest total of personal scores.

Moreover, every time but once, the team who won had the player with the highest personal score of all ten players.

This seems to me to mean personal score does in some way correlate with contribution to victory.

This doesn't mean anything. Score is called "personal" score for a reason, and it primarily is meant to distinguish between the value any one player has, versus the value another player has (regardless of team).

Saying that the team who wins has higher scores is meaningless with respect to this problem. The team who wins also has a higher Nexus health at the end. I deem Nexus health is a good indicator of who is winning.

Speusippus

12-11-2011

Quote:
national:
This doesn't mean anything. Score is called "personal" score for a reason, and it primarily is meant to distinguish between the value any one player has, versus the value another player has (regardless of team).

Saying that the team who wins has higher scores is meaningless with respect to this problem. The team who wins also has a higher Nexus health at the end. I deem Nexus health is a good indicator of who is winning.

I am completely failing to follow your point. Nexus health _is_ a good indicator of who is winning.

Speusippus

12-11-2011

Quote:
DagnirenGutha:
Well he said EVERY game.

No, he didn't.

Phourc

12-11-2011

Quote:
Dukasho:

Can I just say that a 5/7 urgot scoring less than a 22/8 caitlyn sounds about right to me?

Phourc

12-11-2011

Goanna shamelessly double post to add this:

We had a raging/feeding/generally dumb player on our team, died solo in the jungle, dived points with defenders on a squishy character, etc etc. The whole time calling us bads.

Guess what? Dead last place. Sometimes at least, it is working as intended.

Narcomancer

12-15-2011

Quote:
Speusippus:
Every time I've checked, the team who wins in Dominion has the highest total of personal scores.

Moreover, every time but once, the team who won had the player with the highest personal score of all ten players.

This seems to me to mean personal score does in some way correlate with contribution to victory.

This train of thought leads to the dark side young padowan. The thing is that what you do and how you play affects your teammates scores in a HUGE way. So many actions you take can and will boost your own personal score while lowering your teammates. To look at players personal scores as independent from each other and not interrelated is a ridiculously primitive comprehension of how this game works.

Do you see where I'm going with this? You absolutely cant base your personal contribution on it. Very often the player with the highest personal score is the cause of a loss that should otherwise have been a win.

Aside from that, there are huge factors completely unrepresented in personal score.

Narcomancer

12-15-2011

Quote:
Phourc:
Goanna shamelessly double post to add this:

We had a raging/feeding/generally dumb player on our team, died solo in the jungle, dived points with defenders on a squishy character, etc etc. The whole time calling us bads.

Guess what? Dead last place. Sometimes at least, it is working as intended.

Well, I cant make a judgement on what you said, he could have been correct.

If you were failing to push out your lanes and he drew more than one opponent out of lane so that you could win the battles to take the turrets, he would have appeared to be bad, when he was the reason you took those turrets you desperately needed. I've done this hundreds of times, and it definately can work in many circumstances. Now he may have just sucked, sure, but if you werent pushing hard while he pulled champs away from their turrets, he would have died extra fast because of it, with no turret taken by you either. This would have made him correct.

Why did he do it over and over? Maybe he sucked, or maybe youre team had been unable to beat the other team in team fights, and unbalancing them in this way is a completely legitimate alternative. Ive had too many teams that didnt comprehend this, and it sounds all too familiar, however, as I said, I didnt see the game in question, so there it is.