Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Losing elo for queue dodge

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Utavon

03-31-2012

I don't mean to continue the digging up of an old thread, but I wanted to repeat something I saw over on the EU board. It's something like a vote to dodge system, and it would work like this:

At any point during the champ select process, if one team gets a majority of its players to vote to dodge a player (just like voting to surrender), the game then ends just like if a single person had decided to dodge. However, the voters receive no penalties or rewards other than being released from a poor game. The person dodged gets the time penalty for dodging on the first and second offense, and the third offense in one day results in ELO drops as well.

I think the system would be great because it allows a majority of the team to decide if one player is going to ruin the game for them without giving a single player the power to decide this (because trynd was banned), resulting in more appropriate dodges. Then, the offender will get punished by the system for their ruining of other people's games without immediately bombing them with lost ELO (means it is a constant offender, not someone who was ganged up on once) resulting in less trolls. I know the tribunal is supposed to remove trolls, but it hasn't happened yet, and the tribunal requires a game to be played and suffered through. Finally, while this will result in longer queue times (i think it's offset by the majority of "troll dodges" which will turn into "vote to dodge" dodges), it will result in better games.

Thoughts?

iDerp Solo

04-02-2012

What I'd like to see - not just for Ranked, but Standard as well, is that you don't get matched up with someone on your ignore list. If someone is a troll, add them to your ignore list and never be placed onto a team with them again.

The process would be simple. Let's say that there are 20 players in Queue (#1-20). A game is created and the teams are built. The first in line is placed on to a team, if they are in a premade, then both are placed. The next player in line is then checked against their own ignore list and if anyone on that list is already in the game - they are skipped. Once 5 summoners have been selected, it goes to the next team.

The results of such a system:
a. The more players you have on your own ignore list, the longer you will spend in queue as you potentially get skipped over and over until you eventually end up at the top of the list in which case you become the basis for a team to be built.
b. Premades will likely be early picks simply because they are more likely to get skipped over during the team creation phase, until the premade is at the front of the line.
c. There would be less complaining about trolls, and less dodging, simply because Players would be able to permanently block trolls from being in their games.

Yoshiro

04-02-2012

Quote:
calicfer:
Does que dodging penalize your teams elo? That would stop people from trying to force a que dodge. probably not a good idea, just throwing it out there.

Yes is does you win less and lose more depending what your is Elo according to the team's Elo... So don't suck if you Duo QUEUE.
Riot should nerf it.