Losing elo for queue dodge

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

calicfer

01-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leeroy Jenkinsv1 View Post
That is the worst idea ever. That would truly make people in elo eternally stuck there because players would just dodge and force everyones elo down right from the bloody team select.
You'd have to reward the other team elo to keep elo balanced. Then you'd gain elo based on not que dodging. Just like you gain elo based on not trolling / afking.

Hydrophoby

01-04-2012

i agree that losing elo for queue dodging is stupid... Trolls will troll you no matter what, they dont care about losing elo. they'll waste 20-50 min of your time to make your whole team waste ELO...

with the current system, no1 want to dodges, so the troll win and we all get fked... i'm sick of dodging queues for my team just to save me time and save some Elo for my teammates...

To the trolls, yes i'm in "ELO Hell", if it even exists. so yes, it happens VERY OFTEN that people go ''i play eve!'' and when we ban eve ''ok i'm afk'' and they really go afk.

Eclipsev

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-04-2012

While I agree that losing elo in a force dodge basically is not fun(I've probably have had more trolls and idiots than you could imagine). You won't always have that troll or moron on your team, wait a few minutes before hitting play again. You should also consider the fact that you still have the possibility to win in those 50 minutes because anything can happen, as well as you should have no problem in getting 10 elo back(Especially if you are climbing)

This is probably my only reply on this subject because it's been sprung up again and again.

KnowBrainer

01-05-2012

ELO is supposed to help matchmaking to account for relative skill of the player. losing ELO due to dodge skews this number and thusly makes unfair matchups. Shame on whoever implemented the "Dodge = lose ELO" mechanic.

Hexxon

01-05-2012

My last ranked que was myself as AP sion, and then 4 other people who may or may not have spoken english, but they at least didn't feel the need to in champ select, their picks were udyr, shaco, skarner, and ezreal, all carrying smite...I dodged, but I really hate having to do it, I know the game is a loss, there's no way to win that, and yet I'm expected to play that through?

And no, this isn't by any means an isolated incident, although it was one of the worst cases.

I'm fine with the timer penalty, but I've lost well over 100 elo from dodges alone.

CrippledUnicorn9

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnowBrainer View Post
ELO is supposed to help matchmaking to account for relative skill of the player. losing ELO due to dodge skews this number and thusly makes unfair matchups. Shame on whoever implemented the "Dodge = lose ELO" mechanic.
Makes unfair matchups? Is there much of a difference between 1000 and 1050 elo? Even if there was a substancial difference, you should be able to reason that the player who dodges is under-ranked and should be able to carry his/her team until he/she is at his/her true elo.

Shadowraven12

01-05-2012

While this topic sounds good at first, some other people have also made some valid points about people being able to dodge just because they like the enemy team comp better than their own, when often you need to play things out and see how they go. I feel like this every now and then, but we'll still end up winning some of them just by playing better. Though my most memorable one is when we had two people on our team saying they were feeding, and another one wanted to go afk because of that, and it turns out those two people were trolling (with words, not with actions), so we played the game normally and ended up winning. I'm not saying all your troll games will be like this, but a positive attitude, and attempts at holding a team together can actually work sometimes, and if anything I feel 1313jr's post is better suited for dealing with in-game trolls.

Fleija

01-15-2012

i just dodged a game where a moron instalocked, the previous game i won and gained 8 elo. WHY THE **** DO I MAKE SO LITTLE WHEN I CAN LOSE ALL OF IT AND MORE IF I DODGE

xM4TTx

01-15-2012

not as bad as getting dced from the server right as champion select opens in ranked... and then losing 10 elo...wtf riot? >=O rage face

shaitara

01-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leeroy Jenkinsv1 View Post
That is the worst idea ever. That would truly make people in elo eternally stuck there because players would just dodge and force everyones elo down right from the bloody team select.
exactly. Trolls wouldnt even have to try to **** you over.