Losing elo for queue dodge

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ATangelo

12-10-2011

lately in just about every ranked queue i join, there are trolls, people claiming to feed, people not communicating or just insta-locking any champion they feel like playing and its frustrating that if i leave the game i lose elo, but at the same time if i dont leave i have to waste up to 50 minutes of my time just to also lose elo, its a lose-lose situation that i have absolutely no control over. i dont think that you should lose elo for queue dodging.

Diamond Elo

12-10-2011

How much elo do we lose for queue dodging anyways? I'm in partial agreement with the OP here.. I understand the purpose of being punished for queue dodging, but if it were the same amount of elo lost compared to an actual loss, then it should definately be adjusted to about a 50% loss instead.

If there were no penalties, then anytme someones favorite champ got picked/banned or they didn't get to play the lane they wanted, then ranked draft modes might take longer to start than to actually play a game.

On the other hand, queue dodging could certainly be useful, especially in lower elo games, where everyone wants to play mid.. all ranged AD carries.. no jungle.. no support... you get the picture..

In the end, I think we should be better enabled to deal with trolls in ranked.. and get penalized less for it if we decide to make an executive decision to not waste time playing a handicap match.

I never queue dodge.. only troll dodge.

Umbre11a

12-11-2011

Selcopa

12-11-2011

Atengelo this is what happens when you don't think your opinions through very well.

This has been discussed hundreds of times to death, i'm not even going to repeat the reasons why its necessary to have the elo loss for dodges, because obviously you aren't learning anything when it's spelled out for you.

So why don't you take a minute and think of some of the consequences of no elo loss for dodge, and why it might be absolutely needed in ranked play.

Chronic24

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-11-2011

lmao at poachmonkey

calicfer

12-11-2011

Does que dodging penalize your teams elo? That would stop people from trying to force a que dodge. probably not a good idea, just throwing it out there.

Leeroy Jenkinsv1

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by calicfer View Post
Does que dodging penalize your teams elo? That would stop people from trying to force a que dodge. probably not a good idea, just throwing it out there.
That is the worst idea ever. That would truly make people in elo eternally stuck there because players would just dodge and force everyones elo down right from the bloody team select.

Blackwhole

12-11-2011

Losing ELO for dodge is total BS its all luck if you get some really bad noob or some person who just feels like trolling the game and bringing bad thought at the start of the game oh wait also i have never seen a ranked game that i lost from trolls been taking back or forgiven i just keep on losing fun fun riot needs to ban the trolls much sooner and much FASTER

JudoPunch

12-12-2011

This is in place because part of draft pick is counter-picking. That is why there are bans, you have draft order, and you can see the enemy team. If this were not the case the entire concept would be flawed. "oh **** their team looks good, someone dodge" isnt acceptable.

calicfer

01-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by JudoPunch View Post
This is in place because part of draft pick is counter-picking. That is why there are bans, you have draft order, and you can see the enemy team. If this were not the case the entire concept would be flawed. "oh **** their team looks good, someone dodge" isnt acceptable.
My understanding is that it only penalizes the elo of the que dodger, not of the rest of the team. So having someone quedodge when you are completely counterpicked/don't have a good set of teammates (eg. no one good at jungling) still is better for your elo.