Shyvana Counters?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Yefo

02-13-2012

What are some of the best Shyvana counters for Twisted Treeline? She has so much mobility and deals so much damage while still being incredibly tanky. Usually in ranked, we just try to ban her, but our last game we had to use our last ban on Singed instead and the other team first picked Shyv. We attempted to counter pick, but it was a disaster and we got raped.

Also, we were outplayed... but still, I believe we were outpicked and simply don't know how to deal with Shyvana. Any suggestions?

Also, for the particular game I mentioned, what do you think of the draft part: it was Shyv, Xin, Ori vs. Ahri, Trundle, Lee Sin. Did we **** ourselves in the draft or no? (Shyvana and Trundle laned, Xin and Lee jungled, bans were Singed, Shaco, Trynd, Rammus, Udyr, and... I can't remember the last one.)

Tokinatoor

02-13-2012

limited magic damage in your team i think...

Any kind of CC except very weak slows **** up Shyvana and Xin

You team picked very weak CC...
I would have used Ad Sion instead of one of your AD picks...

Yefo

02-13-2012

Bump

Caith sith

02-13-2012

Yeah the problem I see was your choice with Ahri and Trundle. Were they meant to be your Counter Picks to Shyv?

Ahri might be a great pick for 5's, but I feel she falls short in 3's. She doesn't have the single target nuke damage needed in an AP. If you went with an Annie, or Anivia you probably would have had a much easier time. A reliable form of stun always helps.

With regards to Trundle... He's just a great pick all around, but also lacks in damage. If he doesn't get the farm in the first 10 or so mins of the game he'll fall behind Xin and Shyv.

Just my $.02

Yefo

02-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caith sith View Post
Yeah the problem I see was your choice with Ahri and Trundle. Were they meant to be your Counter Picks to Shyv?

Ahri might be a great pick for 5's, but I feel she falls short in 3's. She doesn't have the single target nuke damage needed in an AP. If you went with an Annie, or Anivia you probably would have had a much easier time. A reliable form of stun always helps.

With regards to Trundle... He's just a great pick all around, but also lacks in damage. If he doesn't get the farm in the first 10 or so mins of the game he'll fall behind Xin and Shyv.

Just my $.02
That's how I feel about both of those picks as well heh... The idea was that Trundle would counter Shyv with ult, but idk, it didn't really pan out.

thekillertree

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

02-13-2012

putting a mage or ranged top to constantly harass her is good too

Plz Buff Shaco

02-13-2012

Ban lee next time

Koveh

02-13-2012

lee was on his team bud

TheHangman

02-13-2012

Uh, with shyvanna, the only hard counter is to shut her down and out early and keep her under leveled, she drops with some good burst before level 6. Nunu + vayne is pretty nasty, uh probably nunu and teemo, sona as well. people with movespeed buffs or kiting ability can make it easy to avoid her unless she has wraith buff or is heavily out leveling you. I haven't played vayne since the nerf on the threes map so I don't really know if she is still viable, but ranged and slows, if they use burnout wrong it can be pretty easy to kill them though, if you can get them to waste burnout then most melee champs could stand up to her.

Eulo

02-14-2012

My Shyvana playing friend has a very hard time fighting mord. Try him maybe.