How do I message someone back while I'm in game?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Arollo

12-10-2011

The other day my friend messaged me halfway through my game and asked when it would be over, I tried the / r and it came up "error" and said he wasn't on my friends list...uhhh but he is? Anyway I kept trying to message him with the / r because that's all I know how to message with, it kept saying error and he never got it. He waited 45 min for me to finish the game only to find out I had to go...I felt like the biggest ******* ever.

tl;dr: How do you respond in game other than / r? Why is it that when I use / r to respond to my friend it says error they are not on your friends list?

bladeofwill

12-10-2011

/w name

Shouldnt be too hard to find, since they implemented the /help thing, but it sounds like you were bugged since /r should be working regardless.

Arollo

12-10-2011

Thank you! Do I have to put the name in parentheses?

Synetik

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-10-2011

Just to let you know /w may not work either, in which case it's a client error and may require reinstalling. Dealt with this before unfortunately >.<

AwBlitzKrieg

12-10-2011

As far as I know, you can put the name in quotations and it will work.

And if I read your post correctly... it looks like you are putting a space in between / and r, it should be /r, not / r.

Reck1ess

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-10-2011

/w name does not work unless they are also in a game. For me at least.

Wulfestopheles

12-10-2011

/r

Tramble

12-10-2011

/r does work, just don't put a space between the "/" and the "r".

Kydenn

12-10-2011

/w name
/r

Both work, and the "error friend not on friends list" problem only tends to happen to me sometimes, and it happens with both commands.

AwBlitzKrieg

12-10-2011

Edited twice for failure ^