Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

An Explanation of Ranked Team Ratings

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JayAche

12-11-2011

Quote:
rjcombo:
Teams *are* treated as a single entity. The personal ratings only influence the team rating during the provisional phase. After that, the team's rating is only affected by game outcomes.

Apparently not, you said yourself that these teams are enabled to make multiple teams, in which they start off with a higher, and higher, and higher ELO each time they do because of their "EXPERIENCE" in ranked play. Sounds like they are being treated as more then a single entity to me.

JayAche

12-11-2011

Quote:
Venom:
rjcombo;

Why not inflate the ELO on team ladders?

Right now it's kinda impossible to go past 1700, mainly 'cause no one plays team ladders. There's no reason for people to wait 1 hour in the Q to play a match while they can just achieve higher ratings by playin' solo Q getting a game every 2-4 mins.

This is a team game, we are supposed to have a "competitive" arranged ladder, not everyone playin/talking about solo Q all the time.

I really don't blame the players, the current state is that solo Q is far more attractive than arranged, so people just give up on making teams anyway.

In my opinion ranked teams ladder still need some more tweaks, don't make Season 2 another fully solo Q based season.

Also, any idea if ranked dominion is on the way?

Thanks

I feel that the Arranged Ranked would be much more appealing and played if there was some sort of incentive behind it.

Such as a bid into Dreamhack for the 1st place team, or a cash prize for the first place team.

Then again.... this Ranked ELO system is so biased it's disgusting.

Nicator

12-11-2011

Go 5-0 in placement --> placed 1150. It just feels lame.

Jam3s Howl3tt

12-11-2011

Rj I can't believe how professional you have been in this thread repeating yourself over and over and over... You get it good job thanks for the clarifications. Gg

TheOneSirDieAlot

12-11-2011

Quote:
Nicator:

Same thing here sir. We are 5-0 and our rank is 1158. REALLY dumb and I think it's antifun to doing that well and not even bronze.

Zerothma

12-11-2011

How does queue dodging effect the entire team's elo? One of my guys queue dodged because it wouldn't let him pick his character, because it random'd him in to Eve. We also lost the previous game because a completely different member of our team was random'd into Alistar since he couldn't pick his character, when we already had a support picked.

Alfirion

12-11-2011

Not really that accurate >.> my 3v3s team won 5 and lost 1, then got ranked at 1010. I don't really care, but just pointing it out.

Zoomah

12-12-2011

Quote:
Nicator:

What is the ELO of them players on the team?

Max Pita

Master Recruiter

12-12-2011

Was not to be all more than 1200? Its frustating start at 1000 ELO

TheUlf

12-12-2011

Quote:
Katarìna:
Personal rating carrying over from anything before this new system is bull****. There's no reason that 5/0 is better than 24/0 when it's statistically significantly better to win 24 games in a row rather than just five.

But how about a team that's 200/60?

Neither 5/0 or 24/0 is enough games to give a **** about where they've fallen on the ladder, yet.

And if the 5/0 team is TSM or some other group of professionally accomplished players versus the 24/0 team of a bunch of high-school friends with one good player coordinating them past the low-elo competition, do you really think there is any question about which team is actually stronger?