An Explanation of Ranked Team Ratings

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fathomful

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjcombo View Post
The bug I was referring to was the team rating being visible before the team was seeded in that ladder.
Ok so what about the bug that deducts rating from my 3v3 score for a 5v5 loss?

What do i need to do to resolve this?

Venom

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

12-10-2011

rjcombo;

Why not inflate the ELO on team ladders?

Right now it's kinda impossible to go past 1700, mainly 'cause no one plays team ladders. There's no reason for people to wait 1 hour in the Q to play a match while they can just achieve higher ratings by playin' solo Q getting a game every 2-4 mins.

This is a team game, we are supposed to have a "competitive" arranged ladder, not everyone playin/talking about solo Q all the time.

I really don't blame the players, the current state is that solo Q is far more attractive than arranged, so people just give up on making teams anyway.

In my opinion ranked teams ladder still need some more tweaks, don't make Season 2 another fully solo Q based season.

Also, any idea if ranked dominion is on the way?

Thanks

Soulshox

12-10-2011

Why didn't you just say elo starts at 1000?

Yoshiro

12-10-2011

Bug? The bug should have been fixed b4 the season started the rank is bunk. RESET!

TheOneSirDieAlot

12-10-2011

I find this to be unfair in some cases. I think that just because our ELO's are individually low in various other things should not reflect the ELO of every team we are on. My team, team brolaf, is 5-0 in ranked 3v3 yet our ELO isn't even 1200. This seems really stupid to me. Have we not earned the rank? Perhaps I'm misunderstanding how it works. Not like whining or anything, just expressing my opinion.

xKHORNExLORD420

12-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numbr1 En Brazil View Post
I recently began playing with a ranked 3's team and our rating is 9/1 with 1348 elo. This seems fine and all until you realize that the 1st place team has 1800+ elo and has played a total of 5 games.

Not a fan of you system here

Caliburnt

12-11-2011

The system is a bit wonky numbers-wise during the provisional period for each team, which I assume you guys will be tweaking. Other than that it is pretty solid.

The real problems are the queue times, and getting matched against teams either far under or far over your own team. Stomping or getting stomped are generally not the most enjoyable games.

Are there any structural changes being looked at to address this problem?

bomberfox

12-11-2011

I have a team where 3 of us are unranked and 2 of us are 1300 elo. Our 2nd game was against v8 esports.

WHY

Päppy

12-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by partytimejeff View Post
I have a team where 3 of us are unranked and 2 of us are 1300 elo. Our 2nd game was against v8 esports.

WHY
Our team also went through something similar. None of us have played ranked teams before, after our 5th game we were at 4-1 and 1080-something ELO. We queued our 6th game and the team we ended up against stomped us really bad and were clearly of higher skill than we were. We checked out their stats after cuz we were wondering why and noticed they were ranked 2nd best in the whole ladder.

Relaxes the matchmaking over time? We only queued ONE MINUTE and it matched us against a TOP team. What kind of system allows inexperienced teams that are just starting to play against the highest ranked ones?

(maybe i should also mention that their Irelia was completely immune to our CC for no reason, not reduced: unaffected. Our top lane lost to her for the sole reason that Galio and Kennen could not stun or taunt her at all)

thumbnail9

12-11-2011

Hope has a better score then grand and grand has 24/0 compared to 6/0 that shouldn't happen regardless of who started where.