How do you counter tanky teams?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Drakeil

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-09-2011

Legit question.

Tanky Dps top lane (Riven, Singed, Wu, Irelia, etc)
Tanky Dps jungler (Skarner, WW, Udyr, etc)
Tanky mid (rare, but champs like Ryze, Gragas)
Tanky support (Alistar, Taric)
Squishy ranged AD carry

You can't focus ANYONE except the ranged AD carry, and unless they get caught out of position, you're not going to catch them in a team fight through 3-4 tanky champs with CC.

I understand 4 tanky means they have less DPS, but that's not the case, especially with the current meta game. I played a game earlier today where we were about 30/10 ahead in kills, and we were dominating at their inhib towers. Enemy team just turtled forever since we couldn't dive their tankiness. Eventually they farmed up enough to win fights by ignoring us, and isolating the squishies. We couldn't focus any of them, and we couldn't run from them.

Sooooo what's the best way to win games like this?

Note: Yes yes, theoretically you want Black Cleaver or Madreds to get through certain tanks, but that's not what this discussion is about.

meaturama

12-09-2011

AOE team?

Croooser

12-09-2011

Your best bet is to flank them, jump them, or have an assasin to get their range AD first.

If that's not possible, you have to agree which is the weakest/easiest to kill of the tanky champs or the highest threat out of the ones you can reach and jump on him first. Generally though, tanky teams will beat squishy teams if the game goes on for long enough. Defensive items are cheaper than offensive ones and tanky champs generally get a lot more free damage than ranged squishies who have to itemize for it.

Drakeil

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Croooser View Post
Your best bet is to flank them, jump them, or have an assasin to get their range AD first.

If that's not possible, you have to agree which is the weakest/easiest to kill of the tanky champs or the highest threat out of the ones you can reach and jump on him first. Generally though, tanky teams will beat squishy teams if the game goes on for long enough. Defensive items are cheaper than offensive ones and tanky champs generally get a lot more free damage than ranged squishies who have to itemize for it.
I'm agreeing with you completely. Sounds like Tanky is pretty much an auto win (if they can hold-out past 40-45minutes).

I guess going assassin like talon, akali, or something is the best way to go. And of course warding/counter-warding for it.

Like... when you have a Singed, Skarner, Alistar right in the middle of a fight, (3 of any tanky) it makes life impossible to get to their squishies.

BATTLeDONKeY

12-09-2011

My team usually fairs well when we buy items that increases mobility so we can kite and poke better.

why853

12-09-2011

kog'maw, anivia, trundle, chogath, sona
never let them touch kogmaw

Sokar468

12-09-2011

Hint: The answer is NOT Madred's.

That's all I needed to say. Carry on.

Sir Kevinus

12-09-2011

Did you know tanky champs are not that tanky?

Drakeil

12-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by why853 View Post
kog'maw, anivia, trundle, chogath, sona
never let them touch kogmaw
Kogmaw tears through tanks, sure. But when you have 4 of them in a team fight, Kog has two choices. Do damage, but die fast. Or run, and do no damage. He can kite for a bit, but eventually he'll get caught.

Kog's DPS is AMAZING, but he's dead the second he's caught.