The Abyss Of Elo Hell

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

mvp1292

12-09-2011

I can easily saw that im in that pit atm. I don't know how but every game that i have played has been met with quits, dc's, and mostly just horrible players. my elo has gotten so low i dont think i can even get enough winning games to get high enough. (btw elo 850) i know, blame me for not being able to carry enough but really is there any other way i can prevent getting these types of people in game, probably not. with that said is there any easier way to get my elo back to at least 1000 again in solo que. when i only get put up with people at my elo.....i highly doubt it. last thing, any game i do win i get like 20+ how the hell?

Metaphisto

12-09-2011

The easiest way to gain elo is to play champions that people can't counter like akali, tryn, kassadin, singed, shaco, lee sin, noc, and so on. Playing any champ that has high mobility and damage will increase your win chance. Learn these any of these champs moderately well, mvp1292, and you should at least be able to pull yourself up 1k elo.

I've been lucky lately because of one thing. I realized that my teams were always getting beaten by a Tryn (seriously, I was the only one who could kill him 90% of the time), so I said screw it, picked Tryn to jungle with and I've been doing fine since. Basically if your team is having a hard time killing a certain champ their team will also have a difficult time killing that champ.

Shadowraven12

12-09-2011

While I agree with most of what's being said here, something I do (when I have the time to play multiple league games in a row) is wait until I'm on a losing spree in normal games to play ranked. If I'm truly losing because of bad teammates, then the chances of me losing to my teammates 4 times in a row is very small, so on the 3rd-4th try I'll go ranked.

1UPedU

12-09-2011

if your trapped in elo hell (i was last season; i was stomping in normal's and was like "bring it ranked!" hit level 30 goes in ranked gets **** on; finally pulls it back up to above 1000 after losing first like 5 games then going about 1 win 1 lose after that eventually i got better and eneded season 1 at 54-55 1087) just wait for next season?( i dk i was lucky and only like 6 months after i messed up my ranked stats season reset so i got a second chance) or make another account and grind up to 30 then do ranked on it? that gives you a fresh start (btw im currently 72-65 1308elo so i realize im not great at this game)

Diamond Elo

12-11-2011

Elo Hell is whatever you make it out to be.. I've been consistently playing at the 1600 level for the past 2 weeks. I have about 150 ranked games this season. I play every lane and every role, and imo, that's the key to advancing in ranked games. Whether you're great or not.. you just have to do your best and get more Ws than Ls and being the best team player you can be.

If you find yourself on a losing streak.. take a break and come back later. Especially if you just played a game with a troll. Chances are, that troll or baddie might be on your team again.

Personally, I find myself to be a pretty good AP Mid, Jungler, and AD carry.. but believe or not, I've won more games than lost playing Support.

Don't get me wrong though.. I've been trolled plenty of games as well. I used to main Malz in mid.. but I went 1/6 with him in my first few ranked games this season. Sometimes you have to go against the grain and just do what works.. in my case, playing support got me up to the 1600s.

Another key tip is to DuoQ.. I know it's been mentioned before.. but if you do well and find someone on your team that isn't a troll, add them and play some games with them, even if it's only a few. You cut your chances of being trolled by atleast 25% if you play with someone that you know isn't going to intentionally be bad.

Take what you will from what I've said.. but I'm only 1600s elo and know that I still got some room to climb

DoubleSin

12-11-2011

Zeruin above me has good advise. Considering the way the system works that's basically what you have to do.

I dislike the idea that it is basically a necessity to queue with someone else to have any reasonable way to consistently improve your ELO.

Xuanxue NA

12-11-2011

You dont know ****. Elo is a ****ing broken system. I'm done with getting garbage players who feed go 1-11 1-6 then flame you to ****. The fact that i can loose ranking for that is retarded and broken. goodbye **** game, enjoy future pay2win champs and all the bull**** that comes with it.

AlexDnD

12-11-2011

I've never really had a definite "elo hell" zone. Is it below 1k? 1k-1200? 12-1400? 1400-1600?

Metaphisto

12-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexDnD View Post
I've never really had a definite "elo hell" zone. Is it below 1k? 1k-1200? 12-1400? 1400-1600?
When I think of ELO hell I think of a rating where there are constant trolls, disconnects/afks, feeders, and people that get an erection off of being jerks for no apparent reason. As far as I can tell everyone has an ELO hell (some are 1600s, 1900s, etc.) it's just a rating where you are having difficulty leaving because of reasons you have no control over.

GymLdr Buttonz

12-12-2011

Informative post. Hope it motivates people in "elo hell" to play better and be more cooperative.

By the way, it's "how long THEIR cool downs are, how THEIR ult works, when you can go in to exchange damage, THEIR weakness' and strengths."
I apologize for being a grammar nazi.